U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:49 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,200,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I think you're going to have a really hard time wherever you go.

You have a ton of extremely negative racist stereotypes of people...and highly judgmental.

You might get lucky and meet an Asian girl who just doesn't see your personality type very well, and will like you for other reasons. Being that Japan has the highest language and cultural barriers, it'll will be least likely they'll be able to how how racist and judgmental you are against other people. So, it might be a good bet for you.

I don't really see you have many other options anyways.
Considering that 99.9% of people that post OPs like he does have relationship issues anyway (they can't get local women, or they have had issues with local women)....I look at topics like these, and they all read like, "I'm a white/black guy. I heard we're exotic in Asia, so can I get an easy lay or relationship?". There was a poster similar to the OP not too long ago from Oceania, sounded like he was looking for a convenient Japanese visa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
This is what happens when you get a forum filled with old virgins. They make posts like this asking to generalize what an entire population of women likes.
Topics like this are really stupid. It's always made by people who can't get local women to like them, old virgins like you said, or people that have relationship issues with local women. In other words, it ain't the women, it's the person(s) making the opening post 99.9% of the time.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:18 PM

9,783 posts, read 13,372,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Need to remember, having fun in a club, party, etc. is one thing. Relationships are a whole other ball game
Definitely. If a girl goes to a club with her friends, has a couple drinks, and then is encouraged to go dance with that foreign guy over there, it can just be because they're having fun and why not? It's the same as an American girl going and dancing with some suave Frenchman at a club... it could be fun to dance with him, and her and her girlfriends can someday laugh and reminisce about that sexy French guy at the club... but for all you know, the girl is married or in a serious relationship. Every time I go to a club here, I dance with a few girls who don't speak English, and then they pose with me for a couple camera shots, sometimes lifting one or two of them off the ground. It's more akin to a carnival event than a meaningful cross-cultural exchange.

As I said before, there are absolutely plenty of foreign men married to or in serious relationships with Chinese women here, and you see them daily. But, all those are situations where they both speak English, and he likely speaks a fair amount of Chinese, too. It's not like you can just grab a random girl off the street and BOOM, instant girlfriend.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:57 AM

34 posts, read 99,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Considering that 99.9% of people that post OPs like he does have relationship issues anyway (they can't get local women, or they have had issues with local women)....I look at topics like these, and they all read like, "I'm a white/black guy. I heard we're exotic in Asia, so can I get an easy lay or relationship?". There was a poster similar to the OP not too long ago from Oceania, sounded like he was looking for a convenient Japanese visa.

Topics like this are really stupid. It's always made by people who can't get local women to like them, old virgins like you said, or people that have relationship issues with local women. In other words, it ain't the women, it's the person(s) making the opening post 99.9% of the time.
Haven't you losers heard the expression: "don't feed the trolls"? - oh...wait...

Old 03-24-2014, 03:18 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,582,394 times
Silly generalization the title of this thread has! Pick any place on Earth and you will find women who like different kinds of things - even when it comes to the types of men they'd wanna date/sleep with/marry!

Old 03-25-2014, 01:51 PM

13 posts, read 9,300 times
I used to live in Japan, so I have some firsthand knowledge of this.

Some Japanese are not interested in dating any non-Japanese under any circumstances whatsoever.

Some Japanese are not interested in having a serious relationship with a non-Japanese, but would consider dating one for fun with the expectation or intention that it doesn't lead to marriage. Or if you picked one up in a bar, a one night stand is not out of the question.

Some Japanese would prefer to have a relationship with a Japanese, but would not reject a non-Japanese outright; these women don't view dating a non-Japanese as a contentious or a conscious issue. They probably just don't consider it a likely event or a conscious goal.

Some Japanese are open to dating a non-Japanese of any race.

Some Japanese are open to dating a non-Japanese, but only an Asian one (e.g., Chinese or Korean) because of cultural similarities.

Some Japanese are open to dating a non-Japanese, but only Westerners.

Some Japanese are open to dating a non-Japanese, but only a White one.

Some Japanese are open to dating a non-Japanese, but only a Black one.

Some Japanese are open to dating a non-Japanese, but only if that person can understand the Japanese language. Some of these woman may really be interested in dating a non-Japanese, but are too shy because of their lack of English ability to help grease the wheels a bit and let the guy know she's interested.

Some Japanese prefer not to date a Japanese and only date non-Japanese exclusively. Within this subset are the Japanese women who only like White guys or only Black guys or only American guys, etc. These women often hang out with English teachers in Japan and have lots of American or British friends that they use for free English practice.

If you can speak Japanese, you will find a lot more potential Japanese women to date you. If you can't, then you will be limited to Japanese women who already speak English. And in these cases, they likely have a lot of experience dating Western guys, so if you are hoping to be "her first American," keep dreaming.

As for Blacks, some Japanese may be open to dating a Black American, but not a Black African. I have heard them say that this is more because of cultural reasons--meaning that a Japanese woman may feel more comfortable living in the US or Canada than in Nigeria or Kenya. But I would be lying if I told you that Black guys were as popular as White guys in Japan. This is not to say that Blacks can't get a date, but I think White guys have fewer hurdles to clear when it comes to wooing a Japanese woman. Just looking at the advertisements in Japan for English schools, you can see how often White guys are portrayed in the ads compared to Black guys.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:46 PM

1,166 posts, read 973,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baccardi123 View Post
Some friends went there for a week and that's what they say. I am not american nor black so I wonder how do they perceive someone who's not like that? Thanks.
Marriage rate is WAY down. Ever heard of the term "herbivore men"? It means that they don't like meat (ie: women). 65-70% of men in Japan feel that way. This was caused by crazy expectations from women.

It's a precursor to what is happening in the US right now.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:08 PM

15,951 posts, read 36,201,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Marriage rate is WAY down. Ever heard of the term "herbivore men"? It means that they don't like meat (ie: women). 65-70% of men in Japan feel that way. This was caused by crazy expectations from women.

It's a precursor to what is happening in the US right now.
I lived in Japan for 6 years, and I have no idea what that means.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:32 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,828,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I lived in Japan for 6 years, and I have no idea what that means.
No Sex, Please, We’re Young Japanese Men - Japan Real Time - WSJ

Japan's Low Marriage Rate Concerns Minister - WSJ

What he's referring to

Old 01-14-2015, 08:11 AM

12,959 posts, read 8,779,148 times
Asia is huge, there are more people there than all of America and Europe combined. With that said of most of the industrial nations which are heavily influenced by the West you have folks that watch American TV a lot so they find Americans appealing to them.

In Japanese society, there are a certain % of females that adores other race because it's consider different than staying within their race.

When you go to Japan you will see that contrary to what this thread says, most Japanese are traditional. The ones you find that like American men are not typical Japanese it's a minority at best.

Well parts of Southeast Asia you will find a lot of white men there because of the prostitution. So for you Americans that have husbands or men that are working abroad in the military, it is almost a guaranteed that your guy has visited Asian brothels. That is also one reason a lot of Caucausian mixed Asians are appearing more.

As an Asian American visiting Asia, I came across many females there that would love my companionship but I rather not deal with one because it's a different culture and society. I maybe the same race and that's the only thing in common. So don't be surprised to have Asian females that show their affections for you because they have other intentions that you may not perceive.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:32 AM

6,600 posts, read 3,650,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
Silly generalization the title of this thread has! Pick any place on Earth and you will find women who like different kinds of things - even when it comes to the types of men they'd wanna date/sleep with/marry!
Perhaps but then we are looking at historical trends. First it was colonizers who would mix with the local women but being halfway around the world and weeks away it wasn't noticed much back in Europe. Jump to the era of air travel, the colonization era was over and in many places the children were being kicked out. The face of international relationships then became the military stationed there bringing home brides. And America had just integrated its military giving Black people a fairer shake then perhaps any other institution in the world. And then it was only 50 years ago when countries opened up to allow immigration from Asia.

I propose that a significant percentage of those first and noticeable Eurasian and Blasian children came from war brides and those children are the evidence. Only historically recentlywith are easy communications and air travel are common people are travelling for sex tourism and bride searches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or