U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 01:25 PM

10,422 posts, read 12,414,360 times

Advertisements

It's only 7 hours from Malaysia to Somalia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 01:29 PM

32,071 posts, read 32,968,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
It's only 7 hours from Malaysia to Somalia.
The plane didn't have enough fuel to get all the way to Somalia.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:35 PM

10,422 posts, read 12,414,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The plane didn't have enough fuel to get all the way to Somalia.
Kuala Lumpur-Beijing is a 6 hour flight, are you telling me they just put enough fuel for the trip? Not even 1 or 2 hours as back-up?
With 200+ people you can't take those risks.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:02 PM

1,846 posts, read 1,676,153 times
Quote:
Kuala Lumpur-Beijing is a 6 hour flight, are you telling me they just put enough fuel for the trip? Not even 1 or 2 hours as back-up?
They put only a little bit of extra fuel because it hurts fuel economy to carry extra fuel.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:29 PM

78,625 posts, read 70,508,089 times
Quote:
Remember, it had already been flying 1 hour when it turned around. So even if they'd put 7 hours' worth of fuel in the plane, 1 hour was spent flying out to the China Sea, and another hour returning and crossing Malaysia. So that would have made it 2 hours short of being able to make the 7-hr. flight to Somalia. Unless it refueled in the Maldives.

But they're now saying the Maldives sighting was false, and that US satellite info analysis puts the plane flying south toward Antarctica, and crashing off the coast of Australia. No explanation as to why it would fly to Antarctica.

Will it be a wild goose chase to search the sea off Australia (where OZ has already been searching anyway), or will this turn out to be the accurate word? Stay tuned, for further developments.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:26 PM

42 posts, read 49,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
"now i wonder why CNN and BBC seems to have more interesting with this plane problem rather than Crimea situation now."...

Simple. Because it's sexier to focus and sensationalize on all the conspiracy theories, and poke implicit fun at Malay incompetence than to dwell on a Russian claw slap across the collective faces of Obama and the entire Western European horde.

Russia won, and it's not going down well for CNN and BBC crowd.

CNN is called "Chinese Negative News" in China for good reason.
"Chinese Negative News"? Means all are negative? Why cant be positive then

Old 03-19-2014, 07:31 PM

42 posts, read 49,126 times
I've heard that the passenger's family who prefer to stay in Malaysia to hear latest news are complaining that they cant understand well because of English and Malay usage. Dont any embassador from China translated for them?

Old 03-19-2014, 07:51 PM

84 posts, read 89,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrizFazz View Post
I've heard that the passenger's family who prefer to stay in Malaysia to hear latest news are complaining that they cant understand well because of English and Malay usage. Dont any embassador from China translated for them?
I saw video of police officers forcibly moving grieving relatives away from reporters. One woman was shrieking and quite literally hysterical. It brought tears to my eyes too. I can readily imagine my own shock and mounting horror if my son had been on that plane. Huge, huge mistake made by Malaysian officials. These aren't your citizens that you can just shut up, Datuk Cousin of nephew of King Bumiputra.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:22 PM

19,838 posts, read 18,845,295 times
I heard tv reporters trying to interview the families and they were pushed away by the Malaysian official who said--"They don't want to talk." Well, they certainly sounded like they wanted a chance to talk! They were not allowed to talk.

I wish they would treat the families better. There probably is nothing that they can tell them but at least they should be kind to them and try to make them feel better. I hope they have been made comfortable and are being fed well. They should be treated with the utmost courtesy and sensitivity due to what they are currently enduring.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:44 PM

451 posts, read 1,079,365 times
The Royal Australian Air Force has found substantial debris in the Southern Indian Ocean through satellite images that could be related to Malaysia Airlines. They are sending planes to the area to see. I know there has been leads to only to be dismissed. We'll see. SEE:
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Australia says possible objects in ocean - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia