U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 09:54 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,273,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korea Wtf View Post
I feel really sorry about Tibetians
They are fine. No need to be sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 09:58 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,273,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Yapping about the "eating dogs and rhino horn" nonsense makes the Chinese state look bad. Good thing you're not posting these comments from China.
No it doesn't.
Does eating fois gras making France look bad? I am eating it now.
You can find such matters with every single country in the world. For China now, protecting dog rights is far from their priority, no matter how westerners think. No one is obligated to love dogs. Maybe westerners should think how Indians' feelings before eating beef like crazy? Oh no, other culture doesn't matter I suppose.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:45 PM

20 posts, read 11,058 times
Tibet is not a part of china but they both follow same priciples.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:00 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,372,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
No it doesn't.
You can find such matters with every single country in the world. For China now, protecting dog rights is far from their priority, no matter how westerners think. No one is obligated to love dogs. Maybe westerners should think how Indians' feelings before eating beef like crazy? Oh no, other culture doesn't matter I suppose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Old 01-13-2016, 03:22 PM

4,694 posts, read 3,619,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
No it doesn't.
No, the way a country or a people treat its weakest, like disabled people, the sick and its animals is a deep reflection of how evolved that culture or country is. Face it, much of Chinese culture is barbaric and medieval, regardless of your foolish attempt to divert the argument to some some hindu love for cow gods. The more you make excuses for the Chinese, the worse it gets.

If you think China should feel good when it compares favorably with India, then you set the bar really low for China, a country that supposedly has thousands of years of "culture" and huge superpower potentials. It all becomes BS when so many Chinese peasants pick their noses in public and slurp down stews and barbeques made from stolen and sick dogs butchered right in the alleyways. That's not civilization, sweetie. China is grotesque on many levels.

The japanese and their slaughtering of dolphins and whales is equally deplorable. But at least the japanese are clean and far more polite.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:42 PM

919 posts, read 603,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
No, the way a country or a people treat its weakest, like disabled people, the sick and its animals is a deep reflection of how evolved that culture or country is. Face it, much of Chinese culture is barbaric and medieval, regardless of your foolish attempt to divert the argument to some some hindu love for cow gods. The more you make excuses for the Chinese, the worse it gets.
How about this version?

The way a country or a people treat other humans abroad is a deep reflection of how evolved that culture or country is.

How many humans has the US killed abroad after WWII?

What a racist you are, well, as always.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:29 PM

4 posts, read 1,837 times
No Tibet was never a part of china if you read the history ==> Tibet and China: A History of Conflict - WSJ that is why Dalai Lama was thrown out of Tibet.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyji View Post
No Tibet was never a part of china if you read the history ==> Tibet and China: A History of Conflict - WSJ that is why Dalai Lama was thrown out of Tibet.
He wasn't "thrown out of Tibet.". He ran away. If he had any guts, he would have stayed with his people to "face" the Chinese. In Chinese politics, once you run away, you are irrelevant. Stop drinking the Free Tibet kool-aid.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
How about this version?

The way a country or a people treat other humans abroad is a deep reflection of how evolved that culture or country is.

How many humans has the US killed abroad after WWII?

What a racist you are, well, as always.
Don't be simple. I never said the US was or is a saint. I have no love for US foreign policy, and if this thread is about that subject, you can be sure to get a taste of what I think. But it's about China, so you don't get to divert the topic. I call it like it is. Plenty of Chinese have dirty habits. And eating dogs in the most brutal way is also unacceptable. You know all this so there's no sense in arguing.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:10 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,372,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
He wasn't "thrown out of Tibet.". He ran away. If he had any guts, he would have stayed with his people to "face" the Chinese. In Chinese politics, once you run away, you are irrelevant. Stop drinking the Free Tibet kool-aid.
Easy for you to say. How many times have you had to deal with an invading army? But think about those poor Tibetan dogs, forcibly annexed into a country where they might be eaten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia