U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 07:55 PM

919 posts, read 602,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
So more Han Chinese went there = invasion? What about building infrastructures and business?
Yes, it is invasion.

You said building infrastructures and business? Japan did that in China as well. Do you appreciate Japan for that?

Quote:
Do you know the ratio of Han Chinese in all of China dropped a lot?
No, I don't.

Quote:
The ratio of Shanghainese in Shanghai is only 50% now. Do you call that invasion too?
Ask 100 Shanghai natives. I believe most of them call that invasion. I had lived in Shanghai for 7 years or so BTW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
That's a silly complaint. The US used to be a country filled with natives across the North American landmass, but whites steadily flooded across from east to west. Would you call that genocide, invasion?
Don't you call that invasion? I do.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:49 AM

4,678 posts, read 3,609,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Don't you call that invasion? I do.
Yes, but my point is that all countries expand through "invasion." Japan is no exception either. It annexed Liu Qiu, which was a fully independent Chinese protectorate state before it was seized by japan in the later half of the 1800's. That was an invasion too. So, who cares.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Yes, but my point is that all countries expand through "invasion." Japan is no exception either. It annexed Liu Qiu, which was a fully independent Chinese protectorate state before it was seized by japan in the later half of the 1800's. That was an invasion too. So, who cares.
You do.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:13 PM

1,424 posts, read 734,515 times
Quote:
Yes, it is invasion.

You said building infrastructures and business? Japan did that in China as well. Do you appreciate Japan for that?

No, I don't.

Ask 100 Shanghai natives. I believe most of them call that invasion. I had lived in Shanghai for 7 years or so BTW.
Then educate yourself.

In Chengdu, Tibetan population has grown 500% in recent decades.. So Tibetans invaded Chengdu? LMAO
In the same country, people will move. So the "entropy" of ethnic groups will grow,

Han population is dropping fast (in terms of percentage) in China too.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is invasion.

Japan killed millions of Chinese, including my great grandfather. So no we do not appreciate Japan.
We could appreciate the Soviet Union to some extent because they helped us build some industry after 1949, with equal treaties.
We also appreciate the US to some extent because they help us in WWII and so on.

Han Chinese initiated a revolution in Tibet which led to some death just like all revolutions, but Han Chinese did not go to Tibet to kill. In fact, we hope Tibet to be rich and prosperous.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Then educate yourself.

In Chengdu, Tibetan population has grown 500% in recent decades.. So Tibetans invaded Chengdu? LMAO
In the same country, people will move. So the "entropy" of ethnic groups will grow,

Han population is dropping fast (in terms of percentage) in China too.
Asked Shanghainese yet?

I talked with a Shanghainese couple today here in Japan. They complained nga-ti-ning, outsiders, almost occupied Shanghai.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Japan killed millions of Chinese, including my great grandfather. So no we do not appreciate Japan.
We? What do you think you are?

Quote:
Chinese did not go to Tibet to kill.
Are you sure?

Nangpa La shooting incident
The Nangpa La shooting incident happened on September 30, 2006 when a group of unarmed Tibetan refugees attempted to flee Tibet via the Nangpa La pass. They were fired upon by Chinese border guards.[1] Kelsang Namtso, a 17-year-old nun, was killed and a number were injured.[1] As many as 32 Tibetans, including children, were taken into custody–many were later released, although suffering torture and hard labor, and some are still unaccounted for.[1][2] Nangpa La is a traditional trade route between Tibet and Nepal. The victims were shot from a distance by border guards as they moved slowly through chest-deep snow. The Chinese government initially denied the charges, but Kelsang's murder was graphically filmed by a Romanian photographer, who was nearby as part of a climbing expedition.[3][4] After Romanian photographer Sergiu Matei smuggled the video out of Tibet, it became headline news around the world, drawing attention to the plight of Tibetans under Chinese rule/occupation.

https://youtu.be/xiey7UzW6zs

BTW, Spain Has Indicted Hu Jintao Over Tibet.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Asked Shanghainese yet?

I talked with a Shanghainese couple today here in Japan. They complained nga-ti-ning, outsiders, almost occupied Shanghai.
People in every big city of China (or in the world) complain about Moderator cut: English only , but do not take it too seriously. They still marry Moderator cut: English only and hire them.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 02-25-2016 at 04:35 AM..

Old 02-20-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
We? What do you think you are?

Are you sure?

Nangpa La shooting incident
The Nangpa La shooting incident happened on September 30, 2006 when a group of unarmed Tibetan refugees attempted to flee Tibet via the Nangpa La pass. They were fired upon by Chinese border guards.[1] Kelsang Namtso, a 17-year-old nun, was killed and a number were injured.[1] As many as 32 Tibetans, including children, were taken into custody–many were later released, although suffering torture and hard labor, and some are still unaccounted for.[1][2] Nangpa La is a traditional trade route between Tibet and Nepal. The victims were shot from a distance by border guards as they moved slowly through chest-deep snow. The Chinese government initially denied the charges, but Kelsang's murder was graphically filmed by a Romanian photographer, who was nearby as part of a climbing expedition.[3][4] After Romanian photographer Sergiu Matei smuggled the video out of Tibet, it became headline news around the world, drawing attention to the plight of Tibetans under Chinese rule/occupation.

https://youtu.be/xiey7UzW6zs

BTW, Spain Has Indicted Hu Jintao Over Tibet.

We, Chinese people.

So some Tibetans tried to leave China illegally and got shot (may or may not be true). According to you, it proves Chinese people went to Tibet to kill? Can you be more biased than that?
Do you know if they were Han Chinese they would have been shot too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia