U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 03:20 AM

919 posts, read 602,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
People in every big city of China (or in the world) complain about , but do not take it too seriously. They still marry and hire them.
Shanghainese are very serious about the issue. They even said only those who have ID numbers with 31 or something as their first two digits were real Shanghainese.

I guess you're from a small town?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 02-25-2016 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: Edited quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 03:29 AM

Quote:
We, Chinese people.

So some Tibetans tried to leave China illegally and got shot (may or may not be true). According to you, it proves Chinese people went to Tibet to kill? Can you be more biased than that?
Do you know if they were Han Chinese they would have been shot too?
You can't represent all Chinese people. What an arrogant person you are.

One of my teachers in Taiwan was from the north-eastern part of China appreciated everything Japan did there. He barely spoke Japanese.

Spain Has Indicted Hu Jintao Over Tibet
The Madrid-based Tibetan Support Committee originally filed a lawsuit against then-President Hu in 2006, alleging that the Chinese Communist Party leader was responsible for the torture and repression of the Tibetan people. The lawsuit also names six other former leaders of the CCP, including Mr. Huís predecessor, Jiang Zemin.

Hu Jintao was party chief in the Himalayan region from 1988 to 1992. In the wake of Tiananmen Square, he declared military rule to suppress anti-government protests in the Tibet autonomous region. The indictment also cites his actions as general secretary of the CCP.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:50 PM

1,424 posts, read 734,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
You can't represent all Chinese people. What an arrogant person you are.

One of my teachers in Taiwan was from the north-eastern part of China appreciated everything Japan did there. He barely spoke Japanese.

Spain Has Indicted Hu Jintao Over Tibet
The Madrid-based Tibetan Support Committee originally filed a lawsuit against then-President Hu in 2006, alleging that the Chinese Communist Party leader was responsible for the torture and repression of the Tibetan people. The lawsuit also names six other former leaders of the CCP, including Mr. Huís predecessor, Jiang Zemin.

Hu Jintao was party chief in the Himalayan region from 1988 to 1992. In the wake of Tiananmen Square, he declared military rule to suppress anti-government protests in the Tibet autonomous region. The indictment also cites his actions as general secretary of the CCP.

You are always trying to represent Chinese people and claim you know better than China than I do. Who is the arrogant one?
The fact that you speak some Chinese does not make you an expert on China issues.

Oh, yes it is true that Japan built something in the northeast. Everyone in China agrees.
So? What's your point? They appreciated "everything" Japan did there? Including Unit 731 I suppose?

We all know the colonists including Japanese built things in China, and sometimes talked about specific things in a positive way. That does not change the whole picture.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:54 PM

78,625 posts, read 70,508,089 times
Quote:
Most countries in the world force children to learn the national language. All (public) schools in the US teach in English only. SAT, GRE etc are in English only.

On the other hand,Tibetan language is taught in schools in five provinces of China. Students are allowed to choose to take the college entrance exam in Tibetan too.
That policy recently changed, resulting in more protests by Tibetans.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
The fact that you speak some Chinese does not make you an expert on China issues.
Being a Chinese does not make you an expert on China issues.

Quote:
Oh, yes it is true that Japan built something in the northeast. Everyone in China agrees.
So? What's your point? They appreciated "everything" Japan did there? Including Unit 731 I suppose?
When did I said "everything"?

Quote:
We all know the colonists including Japanese built things in China, and sometimes talked about specific things in a positive way. That does not change the whole picture.
We all know the Hans built things in Tibet, and sometimes talked about specific things in a positive way. That does not change the whole picture.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:11 AM

1,424 posts, read 734,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Being a Chinese does not make you an expert on China issues.

When did I said "everything"?

We all know the Hans built things in Tibet, and sometimes talked about specific things in a positive way. That does not change the whole picture.
Your words: "One of my teachers in Taiwan was from the north-eastern part of China appreciated everything Japan did there. He barely spoke Japanese."

The whole picture is Tibet is a part of China and most Tibetans live with the situation happily. Yes minorities will always have some complaints like in every other country in the world, but in general they are happy.
Don't only listen to the "overseas Tibetans". You know they receive fundings and it is their job to attack China. Just like the Han Chinese working for VOA.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:57 AM

4,684 posts, read 3,612,199 times
If China really followed the US rule book o how to deal with native nations, then there'll be real reasons to complain. This whole argument over Tibet is so BS and pointless. If you don't like the way things are, go protest in front of the Chinese embassy. Have fun. Better yet, go protest in Tiananman Square...good luck.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Your words: "One of my teachers in Taiwan was from the north-eastern part of China appreciated everything Japan did there. He barely spoke Japanese."
OK. He said that but not every Chinese appreciates anything for what Japan did, just like you. This is my point.

Quote:
The whole picture is Tibet is a part of China and most Tibetans live with the situation happily. Yes minorities will always have some complaints like in every other country in the world, but in general they are happy.
OK. Give me some stats.

Quote:
Don't only listen to the "overseas Tibetans". You know they receive fundings and it is their job to attack China. Just like the Han Chinese working for VOA.
Don't only listen to the Han Chinese. They are threatened by CPC. How about you?

Old 02-24-2016, 07:56 PM

1,826 posts, read 1,240,754 times
Do you think Tibet is part of China

Nope..

Old 02-25-2016, 05:04 AM

4,684 posts, read 3,612,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
Do you think Tibet is part of China

Nope..
Who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia