U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 07:00 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,248,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorageallaska View Post
Only Israel and Cyprus are considered developed countries in the Middle East. The reason maybe the West like these countries more and they don't rely on oil and gas in their economy.
Well Saudi Arabia and the gulf states are pretty developed, but I guess they have pretty repressive laws, even the UAE to an extent.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:42 AM

186 posts, read 244,981 times
religion is good it helps gives a foundation but people dont need anything to start a fight and no israels situation in the middle east is well they have my sympathies cause when the amount of hours are going to get calculated before the person is concieved well
if I have some cash I will definitely visit it and will try to enjoy my time there heard lotsa stuff most of it they came before us yet I am insert value modifier so all the best to the land and its people until religion is a luxury

Old 03-29-2014, 09:47 AM

21,367 posts, read 24,109,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Well Saudi Arabia and the gulf states are pretty developed, but I guess they have pretty repressive laws, even the UAE to an extent.
Only the major cities. Most of each country time warps back at least 60 years and many of the smaller villages look like they did in the 1800s.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:41 PM

119 posts, read 181,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agam View Post
i just wanna know what is your opinion about an amazing country in Asia

israel .funny people beautiful girls many attractions . there are everything up there . especially incredible food

I live there and my advice to you . come visit here in tel aviv . You gonna love it in every second

Moderator cut: The Terms of Service which you agreed to state: "English is the only language to be used this board, use translation software if needed."
I've had a lot of bad run ins with Israelis. Lots of them backpack the world after they do their military service and they go around acting rude and belligerent to people who they see as below them. Many of them have an inflated ego and they think that they are better than others.

Then of course there is all the politics and the situation with Palestine.... I definitely find it difficult to side with Israel as I learn more about the real politics and history behind the whole thing.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:31 PM

1,953 posts, read 5,207,254 times
I like the Israeli Defense Forces

Old 03-29-2014, 11:54 PM

5,722 posts, read 4,532,087 times
@The OP: I myself was born in Israel.

Personally, I would say that Israel has both its good and its bad aspects. It might be better than the majority of countries, but it still has many of its own flaws as well.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:55 PM

5,722 posts, read 4,532,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Yeah, they might be economically developed, but socially, they appear to be (very) backwards. Heck, AFAIK, Saudi Arabia unfortunately still executes gay people right now.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:28 AM

1,761 posts, read 6,967,579 times
Israel as a Holy Land, Well the Philippines is the only Asian country that voted Yes for the partition of Israel from Palestine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfgmf7Lm92w
^History of Israel and Philippines and the Jews

Israel is one of the countries that help the Philippines specially last year during the typhoon Haiyan. I think Israel is one of the countries close to the Philippines based on the history relationship between Israel and Philippines.

Last edited by pinai; 03-30-2014 at 01:19 AM..

Old 03-30-2014, 06:04 AM

21,367 posts, read 24,109,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Yeah, they might be economically developed, but socially, they appear to be (very) backwards. Heck, AFAIK, Saudi Arabia unfortunately still executes gay people right now.
In Saudi Arabia their archaic laws are much worse then that. Saudi Arabia executes homosexuals very rarely (I think the last ones were in 2005). They currently execute people for sorcery and they do their execution in public squares.

Quote:
A Saudi man has been beheaded on charges of sorcery and witchcraft, the state news agency SPA says.
BBC News - Saudi man executed for 'witchcraft and sorcery'

But lets keep things in perspective. The top five countries for court ordered executions in 2013 were: China, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and the US. Palestine (West Bank & Gaza) is also on the list for court ordered executions for 2013 (The last court ordered execution in Israel happened in 1962).

Old 03-30-2014, 06:26 AM

10,424 posts, read 12,422,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
But lets keep things in perspective. The top five countries for court ordered executions in 2013 were: China, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and the US. Palestine (West Bank & Gaza) is also on the list for court ordered executions for 2013 (The last court ordered execution in Israel happened in 1962).
I'm pretty sure Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, Afghanistan and North Korea rank above the US but they just can't/don't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or