U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 11:26 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,235,411 times

Advertisements

China vs Japan

Japan vs South Korea

China vs South Korea

China vs Vietnam

Thailand vs Cambodia

Thailand vs Burma

Thailand vs Laos

Cambodia vs Vietnam

Malaysia vs Indonesia

India vs Pakistan

Israel vs Palestine

Israel vs Syria/Jordan

Israel vs Lebanon

Iran vs Iraq

Turkey vs Armenia

Seem to be the ones that come to mind.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:46 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,144,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
China vs Japan

Japan vs South Korea

China vs South Korea

China vs Vietnam

Thailand vs Cambodia

Thailand vs Burma

Thailand vs Laos

Cambodia vs Vietnam

Malaysia vs Indonesia

India vs Pakistan

Israel vs Palestine

Israel vs Syria/Jordan

Israel vs Lebanon

Iran vs Iraq

Turkey vs Armenia

Seem to be the ones that come to mind.
Bolded ones are probably the most hostile.

Shouldn't South and North Korea be on the list?

Old 03-29-2014, 12:14 AM

10,422 posts, read 12,412,038 times
Didn't know China-Vietnam and Indonesia-Malaysia hate each other.
Laos is Thailand's favorite neighbor.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:26 AM

376 posts, read 742,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I think Indonesian is also having a bit of conflict with neighboring countries such as Singapore and Australia, but not wide, two countries this are always a good cooperation with Indonesia. The most frequent conflict with Malaysia even very large leading to SARA
I have never hear / seen the Philippines experience a conflict with any country.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:29 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,144,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Well Indonesia and Malaysia used to almost had a full-scale war, right after their Malaysia's independence. There are also stiff cultural competition between the two, since Malaysia are allegedly using cultural show (to make them appear more exotic in the advertisement) which were passed down through their ancestor from Indonesia, but of course not necessarily heavily practiced as in Indonesia. Which i think is completely ridiculous for Indonesian to get pissed at, maybe for some of which aren't historically linked to Malaysia would be understandable. Oh almost forgot that Indonesians migration to Malaysia doesn't receive positive view and Malaysian people harassing Indonesian migrants are seen as sign of hostility.

Vietnam and China's case is easy, there are constant border conflict between the two and China also claimed large part of Vietnam's south china sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
I think Indonesian is also having a bit of conflict with neighboring countries such as Singapore and Australia, but not wide, two countries this are always a good cooperation with Indonesia. The most frequent conflict with Malaysia even very large leading to SARA
I have never hear / seen the Philippines experience a conflict with any country.
Philippines hardly have any enemy except China.

Last edited by Goshio22; 03-29-2014 at 12:56 AM..

Old 03-29-2014, 12:34 AM

376 posts, read 742,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Well Indonesia and Malaysia used to almost had a full-scale war, right after their Malaysia's independence. There are also stiff cultural competition between the two, since Malaysia are allegedly using cultural show (to make them appear more exotic in the advertisement) which were passed down through their ancestor from Indonesia, but of course not necessarily heavily practiced as in Indonesia. Which i think is completely ridiculous for Indonesian to get pissed at, maybe for some of which aren't historically linked to Malaysia would be understandable.

Philippines hardly have any enemy except China.
Oh ya, thanks the Info

Old 03-29-2014, 12:23 PM

621 posts, read 382,154 times
I think Israel-Palestine...

Aside from China, Phils has also conflict with Malaysia at least for Sabah. And very minor conflicts with Taiwan, I should say childish conflict.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:44 PM

10,422 posts, read 12,412,038 times
in History i think it's China vs. Mongolia.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:03 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,357,246 times
Russia? Like Russia vs. Japan?

Old 03-29-2014, 04:46 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,396,524 times
1. Sunni vs. Shiite - Probably the most geopolitically significant rivalry in "Asia" at the moment.

2. Israel vs. Palestine/Arabs - A lot of mudthrowing, bombing, defamation and all around nastiness going both ways.

3. India vs. Pakistan - I wouldn't say there is as much "hate" as with 1 & 2, but there is a pathological obsession with India amongst the Pakistani military and small section of the general Pakistani populace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia