Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 07:53 PM

318 posts, read 638,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
It seems this is or was the case in much of SEA. Despite being minorities the Chinese controlled a lot of the economy and owned most of the shops. Hence the moniker 'Jews of Asia.'
The Chinese on average are just bigger workaholics than Filipinos. Filipinos are not known as being workaholics.

In this sense the Chinese are similar to the Jews and the Germans.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:57 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
You should watch a film called "The Debut". The ghetto wannabe Black Filipinos in that film refer to any Filipino who does not act as Black as a coconut.

The ghetto Filipinos look down on any Filipinos who have White friends. The ghetto Filipinos seem to have a real hatred for White people.
Do you have something against Filipinos? The Filipinos i know are educated, hard working, and very cordial...not sure where you are getting this wannabe black stuff from.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:29 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
The Chinese on average are just bigger workaholics than Filipinos. Filipinos are not known as being workaholics.

In this sense the Chinese are similar to the Jews and the Germans.
Yeah i guess the Spanish-influenced societies are stereotyped as being less hard working.

Chinese and Chinese-influenced countries like Taiwan, S.Korea, Singapore, Vietnam, Chinese in Malaysia.etc are stereotyped as being hard working, but I think they still know to have a good time - well Taiwanese, Koreans moreso.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:41 PM

7 posts, read 10,840 times
Japan has many similarities to Indonesia, especially in terms of culture, language, food etc. but some are not. It's easy to compare Japan Vs Indonesia. it even Japanese always presume that they themselves is the older brother of Indonesian.
^ Sorry my english bad

Old 04-10-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHANIANTO View Post
Japan has many similarities to Indonesia, especially in terms of culture, language, food etc. but some are not. It's easy to compare Japan Vs Indonesia. it even Japanese always presume that they themselves is the older brother of Indonesian.
^ Sorry my english bad
Interesting. Do you think there's a connection between Austronesians and Ryukuans and even mainland Japanese? Both culturally and genetically?

Old 06-13-2014, 09:23 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHANIANTO View Post
^ Sorry my english bad
Yeah, I agree with you some of the Japanese culture/language are similar to Indonesia (except food) is mainly a series of ancient culture and language, I'm confident .

by the way , Japanese food different , Japanese food more similiar Korean than Indonesia food .
Indonesian food is more like Chinese food than Japanese food

Old 06-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
Yeah, I agree with you some of the Japanese culture/language are similar to Indonesia (except food) is mainly a series of ancient culture and language, I'm confident .

by the way , Japanese food different , Japanese food more similiar Korean than Indonesia food .
Indonesian food is more like Chinese food than Japanese food
Yes Indonesian does have some Chinese influence, like soy sauce, beancurd.etc.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:41 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,698 times
some cultural elements Chinese cuisine can be found in several dishes in our country as well as cooking techniques.^^^
Indonesian Cuisine( Chinese Origin ) such as Mie, Bakso, Lumpia, Pangsit, Nasi Goreng,Siomay etc. has been absorbed in various cuisines Indonesia. I also find many of our society, when they eat Mie Goreng , Mie Ayam and Pangsit with use chopsticks " Sumpit " but there is also ate with use of a spoon

Old 06-14-2014, 04:52 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,654,094 times
^most who eats with chopstick are the Chinese Indonesians, the rest not so much..

Old 06-14-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
^most who eats with chopstick are the Chinese Indonesians, the rest not so much..
How distinctive are Chinese Indonesians? I mean it's common for their to intermarry with locals, right? And I know most speak Indonesian not any Chinese language. Though in contrast to Chinese Malaysians most are Christian not Buddhist.etc. Do most just see themselves as Indonesian, or 'Indonesian Chinese'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia