Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 04:35 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
Of course they look Mongoloid, but looking Mongoloid does not mean they look Han Chinese. Han Chinese is not the only phenotype to be found within the Mongoloid race. Just like Nordic is not the only phenotype to be found within the Caucasoid race.

Malays and Austronesians are to the Mongoloid race like what Mediterraneans are to the Caucasoid race.
Well of course the Han vary a lot, some look like this:

http://imgs.ntd.tv/content/20100921-...ina-Taiwan.jpg

http://hkmdb.com/db/images/people/13...ngSze-40-t.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 04:37 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Albeit I don't know if the first is aboriginal but I've also seen that look in China.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:38 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,884 times
I like to see Javanese with a phenotype them like this :

Love Java, especially who are very good culture

Last edited by stevania01; 04-01-2014 at 04:52 AM..

Old 04-01-2014, 04:51 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,654,573 times
No offense but what does your love with the javanese has anything relevant with this thread?

Old 04-01-2014, 04:59 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
No offense but what does your love with the javanese has anything relevant with this thread?
I really like and love to the Javanese-Sundanese because I have a relationship blood between to- two tribes ( sunda~java). but other tribes are also good probably better .

Old 04-01-2014, 07:43 AM

83 posts, read 206,220 times
There are a wide range of features found in all Asian populations, like big noses, small noses, big lips, small lips, skin colors and so forth. The Pacific Island phenotype is just another subset of Asian diversity. It isn't "unique" in the sense you can find other Asian populations with similar features with no Pacific ancestry. In fact, the populations in the pacific are the most diverse in Asia, probably more diverse even than South East Asia. Therefore, you are more likely to find similarities there with other populations in Asia as well as outside of Asia and this has nothing to do with mixture, in the sense that all diversity comes as a result of human breeding. Diversity is found everywhere you go but some places, especially those who have been around the longest, like South Asia and elsewhere are more diverse than others. And of course, Africa is the most diverse of all. Again, some people are still stuck with European "race" mindsets which have absolutely nothing to do with human diversity.

Dynamics of Human Diversity: The Case of Mainland Southeast Asia (Pacific Linguistics, 627): N. J. Enfield: 9780858836389: Amazon.com: Books

https://www.ml.cmu.edu/research/dap-...ringarpure.pdf

Last edited by GreyFox; 04-01-2014 at 07:51 AM..

Old 04-01-2014, 08:43 AM

45 posts, read 138,612 times
Genetic studies shows that Pacific Islander have Papuan genes while Mainland Southeast Asians have more of an affinity towards South Indian genes.

I'd liked to believe that if you cross a native Filipino or an Iban with a Papuan you'd get a Samoan, Tongan, Hawaiian, Polynesian. etc.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:20 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,654,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aromesaveur View Post
Genetic studies shows that Pacific Islander have Papuan genes while Mainland Southeast Asians have more of an affinity towards South Indian genes.

I'd liked to believe that if you cross a native Filipino or an Iban with a Papuan you'd get a Samoan, Tongan, Hawaiian, Polynesian. etc.
Iban? you mean the Dayak of Borneo, i thought they're from China than pacific islander? but then the population of Celebes and Borneo probably can find their ancestor being pacific islander.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:53 AM

45 posts, read 138,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Iban? you mean the Dayak of Borneo, i thought they're from China than pacific islander? but then the population of Celebes and Borneo probably can find their ancestor being pacific islander.
I mean if you look at the genetic charts @ HarappaWorld Admixture | Harappa Ancestry Project you'll see that Iban people are the "purest" southeast Asian you can get, at least on this chart.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:31 PM

72 posts, read 156,216 times
By the way, people from East Nusa Tenggara, East Timor and Moluccas are Austronesian-Papuan hybrids but they don't look like Polynesians and Micronesians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia