U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 03:55 AM

376 posts, read 743,612 times

Advertisements

I see this thread is almost similar to the previous thread are, "most european and U.S. men like Indonesian women ? bla bla bla bla zzz....."
Really 1000xx, now I has realize this all.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:41 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,322,267 times
I would say the majority of Americans in America are pretty indifferent although Thai and Vietnamese food seem to have gotten fairly popular.
Personally I can't wait to go back, one more semester and I'll be a college graduate.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:41 PM

318 posts, read 488,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
There isn't as much fetishization of Asian males as females (perhaps because female sailors didn't go over to the far East, or not many of them? lol jk). But that might change to an extent as Asian culture becomes more influentnial. Not that fetishization per se is a good thing.
I know some White guys here in San Francisco who mostly prefer to date Asian women. But I have NEVER met a White woman who mostly prefers to date Asian men. I have met some White women who are open to dating Asian men but they are not obsessed with Asian men, meaning they don't have Asian fever.

Asian fever is an overwhelmingly White male thing.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
In recent years, I am seeing more and more western single women in the Philippines and many of those I see probably would have a hard time getting a date back home (just like many of the western men here), yet in the Philippines Filipinos seem to be falling all over themselves to go out with them. My guess is that since heavy is seen as rich, both heavy men and women have a better chance here than they would back home. So at least in the Philippines, American women and men seem to be desired and thought of positively for the most part.

Now as a side to that, I have found for the most part that many of rich Filipinos do not want us westerners here and definitely do not want any of us trying to tell them how to fix their country.
Most Filipino men are short and most Western White women make a huge deal about height when it comes to dating. So I don't think Filipino men will ever become sex symbols in the eyes of Western White women.

Do you think a 5 foot 3 Filipino male immigrant in the U.S or Australia for example would be able to attract a lot of White women ? I don't think he would. He would get an extremely high amount of rejections from White women before eventually finding a White woman who does not care about height.

And among White women who do not care about height at all when it comes to potential romance, most of them are ugly. Meaning they are more likely to look like Honey Boo Boo's mother than they are to look like Scarlett Johansson.

White women who are very ugly can not be so picky about a man's height, because they themselves do not have too many options in the dating scene.

Where someone who looks like Scarlett Johansson for example can be picky and say she will not date any man who is shorter than 5 foot 9 for example. Her hotness gives her the privilege to be more picky when it comes to a man's height.

Last edited by Alexander Rusev; 04-05-2014 at 09:00 PM..

Old 04-05-2014, 10:52 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,968,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
Most Filipino men are short and most Western White women make a huge deal about height when it comes to dating. So I don't think Filipino men will ever become sex symbols in the eyes of Western White women.

Do you think a 5 foot 3 Filipino male immigrant in the U.S or Australia for example would be able to attract a lot of White women ? I don't think he would. He would get an extremely high amount of rejections from White women before eventually finding a White woman who does not care about height.

And among White women who do not care about height at all when it comes to potential romance, most of them are ugly. Meaning they are more likely to look like Honey Boo Boo's mother than they are to look like Scarlett Johansson.

White women who are very ugly can not be so picky about a man's height, because they themselves do not have too many options in the dating scene.

Where someone who looks like Scarlett Johansson for example can be picky and say she will not date any man who is shorter than 5 foot 9 for example. Her hotness gives her the privilege to be more picky when it comes to a man's height.
I remember the Australian representative for Miss Universe 1994, Michelle Van Eimeren was once married to a Filipino, Ogie Alcasid and he's a short guy & they got 2 daughters.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6264/ogiepic.jpg
Ogie Alcasid and Michelle Van Eimeren

& even Mangyan tribe Filipino is married to White American missionary. I guess not all western women check any physical difference or looks but it's rare though I think.

Last edited by elnina; 04-07-2014 at 11:39 PM..

Old 04-06-2014, 03:00 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,252,153 times
Quote:
I know some White guys here in San Francisco who mostly prefer to date Asian women. But I have NEVER met a White woman who mostly prefers to date Asian men. I have met some White women who are open to dating Asian men but they are not obsessed with Asian men, meaning they don't have Asian fever.

Asian fever is an overwhelmingly White male thing.
I know a few here, but mostly have seen them on the internet lol.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:

A lot of Koreans and Chinese here I see are like over 6 feet.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
A lot of Koreans and Chinese here I see are like over 6 feet.
The closer you get the to the Russian border, the taller they will be. The closer you get to the Vietnamese border, the shorter they will be.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:04 AM

Quote:
The closer you get the to the Russian border, the taller they will be. The closer you get to the Vietnamese border, the shorter they will be.
Actually Mongolians are shorter than N.Chinese and Koreans, and Inuit aren't particularly tall. I think the tallest people in China actually live in Shandong. The people there are known for being tall.

In my experience in Asia (from tallest to shortest):

Beijing/Tianjin
Xian
Fuzhou/Taipei
Singapore/Hong Kong/Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
Hanoi/Sri Lanka
Ho Chi Minh City/Bali

Old 04-06-2014, 04:19 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,146,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I remember the Australian representative for Miss Universe 1994, Michelle Van Eimeren was once married to a Filipino, Ogie Alcasid and he's a short guy & they got 2 daughters.

Ogie Alcasid and Michelle Van Eimeren

& even Mangyan tribe Filipino is married to White American missionary. I guess not all western women check any physical difference or looks but it's rare though I think.
Its uncommon in Indonesia too, usually they don't really care about look and they marries Indonesian men that by the local average wouldn't be considered attractive. A lot of them seems to be shorter than the wife, but they don't care about it that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or