U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 09:09 AM

1,708 posts, read 502,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Really?? Chinese people consider her face average looking, at the best.
Well that's alright, too!

However, we Americans think Fei Fei Sun is HELLA pretty!

Old 07-15-2014, 09:12 AM

1,708 posts, read 502,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Really?? Chinese people consider her face average looking, at the best.
Fei Fei Sun is HELLA pretty!

We don't care about how most Chinese people feel about her...

Old 07-15-2014, 01:31 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,169,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post

Not me. She's not very good looking

Old 07-15-2014, 02:41 PM

3,339 posts, read 2,077,586 times
it depends on the personality of the individual. western women are more liberal so naturally they date someone that share their culture. same thing with Asian men. maybe they fantasize about white women but when it comes to permanent relationship, they stick to what is familiar, their fellow Filipinos, Chinese, Indonesian etc.

Of course there are really those who are in love with each other that don't care what race they date or marry.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:51 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,274,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Filipino English accent is more on the Latino English accent. pronouncing "R" "nue" "vie" "Jo - HO when pronounced" among others.

Question:
Why Aussie has its own English accent, while you guys originated from the UK? I'm just curious. thanks
Same reason that the USA even has some very different accents. And why Latin split into Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, etc--because language evolves, and different regions naturally diverge some.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:16 PM

6,581 posts, read 3,636,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
a large percentage of American men like Filipino & SEA women

Philippines is the most liked [popular] probably because of cultural and language , not much language or cultural barriers with the PI

I noticed Japanese women are highly thought of , Ive heard many Americans say they prefer the Japanese over any other asian

but I dont hear much positive talk about Filipino & SEA men, mostly the ladies
True for many besides the perceived more traditional culture there is the want of Asian physical features.The Japanese come in because of their greater economic strength meaning they are not in it for money or a green card, thus trumping Chinese. Their lighter skin in general making them closer to meeting the physical traits of their dreams. And social attitudes of the Japanese which have made a bigger change towards inclusion than Koreans.

Most talk about Filipino and Southeast Asian women by American women will be negative since it is expected they are only using an American man for a green card. I don't think as a rule they think about Filipino and Southeast Asian men until after a meet a specific man and find out his ancestry is in Southeast Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
There isn't as much fetishization of Asian males as females (perhaps because female sailors didn't go over to the far East, or not many of them? lol jk). But that might change to an extent as Asian culture becomes more influentnial. Not that fetishization per se is a good thing.
The number female GIs of the recent generations pale in numerical comparisons to the males not even counting the century of men bringing back wives from Asia when many more bases were operated by the US. And greater economic opportunities where the bases still exist mean GIs, male and female are bringing fewer spouses home after their tours

Old 09-04-2014, 11:23 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,159,509 times
From an American Male perspective, the very FIRST thing I think about, and I think most Americans think about, is NURSES.

Many hospitals are absolutely loaded up with Filipino nurses absolutely everywhere. So much so, that I've heard non-Filipino nurses often complain about how much is spoken in Tagalog that they don't understand among their colleagues.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:27 PM

675 posts, read 441,647 times
Filipino women like many SEA's love Westerners and are the most sexually open liberal women on earth. Just to give you an example, my first time in the Philippines I slept with 4+ women in 4 days. All women I either met online or at the bar/club.

God bless Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia!

Old 09-13-2014, 12:23 AM

9,779 posts, read 13,355,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post

Nah, I don't think she's very pretty tbh, and I don't think most Americans would... she *can* look sort of pretty when she's had $5k worth of professional makeup done in a certain way, but this? http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...ozzuo1_400.jpg No, I think most Americans as well as Chinese would say "no thanks."

As she looks right here: http://whoisbobbparris.com/wp-conten.../01/feifei.jpg I see probably six or seven hundred women who look like that on the metro every day and they're thought of as being on the less-attractive end of "average."

Maybe I've just been in China too long now...? Haha.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:36 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,121,205 times
Well,Fei Fei Sun is not a VS girl,so she doesn't need to be "pretty".Fashion industry nowadays is all about having an "interesting" look.There are tons of excellent models out there with stellar portfolios and I would never consider them to be pretty,however Fei Fei Sun might have an interesting look,and is probably beautiful in some's opinion,but her work is pretty average imo,that's why I find her to be overrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or