Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 10:59 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Well appreciated sir!

I just wish that the perception remains even until today. There are about 3M Filipinos in the US but very few are ambitious. I've known some Filipino families in the US who are still struggling for living and very few send their kids to Ivy League schools. Very few Filipinos (numbers are neglible) in the US who do excel in Science and Technology, Academe, Politics, Entertainment and Sports.

I'll be moving to the US next month for a permanent job (I was handpicked to transfer to our US affiliate). I am actually contented with my career in Singapore, or I can set-up a business in Manila but I prefer to go to the US not because of career move but more on giving my kids better education.
With all due respect to your opinion, as previously inferred, in my 35 years of working with and living amongst Filipinos, I have found a hard working people with academic ambitions. Although I cannot truthfully state that all Filipinos (or their children) I've met have attended Ivy League schools, the fact is that most have had some level secondary education, or in some cases, vocational training.

Interestingly, I recently attended a gathering to celebrate the graduation of a pair of twin sisters who were half Filipino/half Anglo. They both graduated within 4 years from Stanford University.

That aside, we will most likely agree that Filipinos encompass a large segment of the nursing occupation; a noble and necessary line of work in any country.

As for your move to the USA, I wish you and your dependents the best of fortune.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:46 PM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromrese View Post
Do most Americans like or dislike Filipino and Southeast Asians women and culture?
In Asian only filipina , thais and east asian especially japanese women always a favorite of american guy / westren men
And for indonesian " women" probably favored of local & east asian even middle east (because same religion?) this is just my opinion anyway

Old 11-08-2017, 08:07 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
In Asian only filipina , thais and east asian especially japanese women always a favorite of american guy / westren men
And for indonesian " women" probably favored of local & east asian even middle east (because same religion?) this is just my opinion anyway
Male/Female interests are MUTUAL THINGS.

Most Filipinos and Thais seem to be quite attracted to western men. So, therefore, men are attracted right back at them.

When you see, for example, Malaysian women. They aren't all that different in looks and appearance, and they also have a nice personality as well. But Malay women have almost zero interest in western men....so therefore men won't look for women there.

Indonesian women. Plenty of mutual interest between western men and Indonesian women. What's more interesting to me is this Indonesian females like western males...but Malaysian females do not seem to like western males. I've always found that interesting...how can Malaysia be in the middle of Phils, Indonesia, Thailand...but be some 'no go, not interested' country when it comes to local women being interested in western guys.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:04 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I think some Western men, particularly Americans, take advantage of women from these nations.
This and the whole stupid fetish thing are all myths created by people that are racist or butthurt about white men dating/marrying outside of their race. Quite often you'll hear these bs myths being purported by white women. Which is always amusing to me. I guess they're scared of having to compete with Asian women in the dating/marriage pool or something?

The correct statement is, a very very small percentage of western men try to take advantage of women from these nations. If American men were so bad, the women in the Philippines would be splitting on them the second they got off of the plane. Which isn't the case of course.

How is anyone taking advantage of someone, the man or the woman, if they've been happily married 25 years. Filipino-Americans are one of the largest ethnic groups in the U.S. yeah I'm sure that happened because western men are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Well that's alright, too!

However, we Americans think Fei Fei Sun is HELLA pretty!
I never heard of her before I had to look her up, imo there's way way prettier Asian celebs

Last edited by wanderlust76; 11-08-2017 at 01:13 PM..

Old 11-08-2017, 08:10 PM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Male/Female interests are MUTUAL THINGS.

When you see, for example, Malaysian women. They aren't all that different in looks and appearance, and they also have a nice personality as well. But Malay women have almost zero interest in western men....so therefore men won't look for women there.
Know where malaysian women have a nice personality? it's not true you just go see their comments or opinions about indo in general they always give bad comments even worse and horrible even it arises from malaysia women are polite and hijabs they just pretend good from the way talk and especially appearance however their hearts and behavior are different . sorry i not mean racist but this is the reality

Old 11-10-2017, 05:31 PM

828 posts, read 691,106 times
Yes to the question of culture of SE Asia, and double yes to the women of SE Asia.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:22 AM

90 posts, read 111,114 times
OMG "tiger beer" says malaysian malaysian women have a nice personality?

Old 11-12-2017, 04:59 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromrese View Post
Do most Americans like or dislike Filipino and Southeast Asians women and culture?
I really like Filipinas and southeast Asian women for sure and I think most American men do as well. However, I do know many men that are not attracted to Asian women. I guess just depends of the person....hard to explain attraction, we like what we like.

I also like Chinese, Mongolian, Thai, and Korean (less though) women.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:26 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
I grew up with a lot Filipinos and still have some very good, close friends who are Filipino. They are on the whole some of the nicest, kindest, warmest people by nationality that I’ve met (along with Thais and Ethiopians). I have a very positive opinion of their men and their women.

I think most Americans generally hold a positive view of Filipinos.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:46 PM

361 posts, read 397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Eww. White weeabos are creepy Asiaphiles. They tend to be nerdy beta males who seem to can't get a decent white female here in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia