U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 05:54 AM

376 posts, read 742,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I haven't been to Java but many Indonesians here look like Malays, although a lot seem to have some Chinese ancestry I think.
Malay of Javanese descent might they look like Javanese,
it's like you want to say Susilo Bambang yudohyono (Javanese) or Taufik Hidayat (Sundanese) looks like malay people in Malaysian ? .
I think in Malay in malaysia in dilute with other races. that's all my comments, nothing more or less.
I do not care about human genes, but here I saw a post by Ezio " Karafet Genetic ", it turns javanese / Sundanese / Dayak / malay Sumatran people has the same genetic, only the Sumatran Malay and Dayak sprinkled little from hmong genes, while Malay Malaysia has the same genes with bataknese . if there Balinese gene karafet I am sure that they have the same genes as Javanese.

Genetic people Javanese / Sundanese / Malay Sumatra / Borneo Dayak ,genetic characteristic that is common in people in mainland southeast asia .

Last edited by stevania01; 04-12-2014 at 06:29 AM..

Old 04-12-2014, 06:02 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,238,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
Malay of Javanese descent might they look like Javanese,
it's like you want to say Susilo Bambang yudohyono (Javanese) or Taufik Hidayat (Sundanese) looks like malay people in Malaysian ? .
I think in Malay in malaysia in dilute with other races. that's all my comments, nothing more or less.
I do not care about human genes, but here I saw a post by Ezio, it turns javanese / Sundanese / Dayak / malay Sumatran people has the same genetic, only the Sumatran Malay and Dayak sprinkled little from hmong genes, while Malay Malaysia has the same genes with bataknese . if there Balinese gene karafet I am sure that they have the same genes as Javanese.
Yudhoyono looks like a lot of Indonesians I know. More flattish features, like a lot of mainland SEA's.

Hmong? What do the Hmong have to do with Borneans?

Old 04-12-2014, 06:02 AM

318 posts, read 487,630 times
Quote:
A lot of pure Javanese could pass for mainland SEA's and southern Chinese:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=j...w=1309&bih=644

Would you say Austronesians from the Filipinos are more distant/more similar to Polynesians/Micronesians? Maybe along with pure Taiwanese aborigines?

I'd say a lot of Malays can look pretty 'oriental' too.

Filipinos look closer to Thais and Cambodians in phenotype than they do to Tongans and Samoans.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:12 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,145,319 times
Quote:
A lot of pure Javanese could pass for mainland SEA's and southern Chinese:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=j...w=1309&bih=644

Would you say Austronesians from the Filipinos are more distant/more similar to Polynesians/Micronesians? Maybe along with pure Taiwanese aborigines?

I'd say a lot of Malays can look pretty 'oriental' too.
Well since Javanese are a mix of both Austronesians and Austro-Asiatic people, their look can quiet vary from being very typical "Southeast Asian" (Thai-Cambodia) if you'd like to very Austronesians one, though id say they quiet differ with Cambodians people mostly because of their relatively big eyes.

I'd say Filipinos are closer to pure Taiwanese aborigines than Micronesians or Polynesians, maybe some mixes with them. Whether they like it or not they're much closer to the Austronesian family than the pacific islanders.

Not sure about how the Malay look but certainly they did look orientalish, probably because of their background and chinese mixing, but it seem they've also been mixing quiet a lot with the Indians.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
Filipinos look closer to Thais and Cambodians in phenotype than they do to Tongans and Samoans.
Hmmm, many have a look which is different to either, sort of slightly Timorese/Sundanese.

http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~mwsmit...outh%20640.JPG

This look is closer to Pacific Islanders than Thai.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Well since Javanese are a mix of both Austronesians and Austro-Asiatic people, their look can quiet vary from being very typical "Southeast Asian" (Thai-Cambodia) if you'd like to very Austronesians one, though id say they quiet differ with Cambodians people mostly because of their relatively big eyes.

I'd say Filipinos are closer to pure Taiwanese aborigines than Micronesians or Polynesians, maybe some mixes with them. Whether they like it or not they're much closer to the Austronesian family than the pacific islanders.

Not sure about how the Malay look but certainly they did look orientalish, probably because of their background and chinese mixing, but it seem they've also been mixing quiet a lot with the Indians.
Cambodians are not as uniformly open-eyed as some claim. Some have fairly narrow eyes, actually, even with epicanthic folds. They definitely aren't like a lot of pure Filipinos in that regard. I think a lot of Indonesian Muslims look like this too.

Yes, you often see people who look very Chinese wearing hijab or the Malay-style cap. There are some Chinese Muslims but not many.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:33 AM

318 posts, read 487,630 times
Quote:
Cambodians are not as uniformly open-eyed as some claim. Some have fairly narrow eyes, actually, even with epicanthic folds. They definitely aren't like a lot of pure Filipinos in that regard. I think a lot of Indonesian Muslims look like this too.

Yes, you often see people who look very Chinese wearing hijab or the Malay-style cap. There are some Chinese Muslims but not many.
On average Filipino eyes are not so big that people would mistake most Filipinos for being White or Latin American Mestizo.

Filipino eyes on average still fall within Mongoloid range.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:39 AM

376 posts, read 742,812 times
Quote:
Hmmm, many have a look which is different to either, sort of slightly Timorese/Sundanese.

http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~mwsmit...outh%20640.JPG

This look is closer to Pacific Islanders than Thai.
Postman if you do not know about Indonesians, Stop making weird posting here, you think sundanese people same look as the Timorese People are obviously very different 2 x folding.

Last edited by stevania01; 04-12-2014 at 06:54 AM..

Old 04-12-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
Postman if you do not know about Indonesians, Stop making weird posting here, you think sundanese people same as the Timorese People are obviously very different 2 x folding.
Oh for some reason I thought the Sundanese were from east of Lombok, my mistake.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
On average Filipino eyes are not so big that people would mistake most Filipinos for being White or Latin American Mestizo.

Filipino eyes on average still fall within Mongoloid range.
Actually, oceanic Mongoloid eyes are often BIGGER than a lot of European, particularly northern European, eyes...maybe also the fact the eyes are less deep seat gives that impression too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia