U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:51 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,144,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhamsingosari View Post
How do you know? Don't judge her so fast. Maybe you wouldn't say that if she was Sundanese or Minahasan from Manado.
No, my cousin are half Minahasans, none of their family member are fair, similar to Sundanese only tiny fraction of them are as fair as the Chinese, and don't you think that Minahasan or Sundanese use skin bleacher too? what's with the obsession of Indonesians having fair skin anyway, why does it matter to you so much.

Quote:
And I also don't think Sundanese and Filipino people look so East Asian compared to Javanese. It's stupid stereotype and bullsh*t.
Sundanese looks Javanese, Filipino does look more East Asian than average Indonesians, they have more historical link with the Chinese and their genes study does show a bit of Chinese.

Last edited by Goshio22; 04-12-2014 at 07:00 PM..

Old 04-12-2014, 06:58 PM

72 posts, read 120,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
No, my cousin are half Minahasans, none of their family member are fair, similar to Sundanese only minority of them are as fair as the Chinese, and don't you think that Minahasan or Sundanese use skin bleacher too? what's with the obsession of Indonesians having fair skin anyway, why does it matter to you so much.
I'm not obsessed with light skin. I'm not light-skinned too. I also don't think good looks are based on skin tone. I agree Javanese are slightly darker than Dayaks, Sundanese and Minahasans. But when someone thinks Dayaks, Sundanese and Minahasans can have natural light skin but Javanese can't, it sounds stupid to me. And I want to correct this stupid stereotype. Some people are most likely obsessed about other ethnic groups being lighter than Javanese.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
filipino does look more East Asian than average Indonesians, they have more historical link with the Chinese and their genes study does show a bit of Chinese.
If you gather Javanese and Visayans together, it's hard to tell them each other.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:20 PM

376 posts, read 742,607 times
Quote:

I mean seriously why on earth anyone would create a thread "Do Indonesians look Chinese" what a joke.
"Do Indonesian Look Chinese" why you are stressed, the evidence is true some indonesians also has chinese look , I think you are people from eastern Indonesian or Balinese people who never went to see the face of Indonesian who lives in the western part. you do not realize if you used to go fishing in the thread by posting about Seoharto, Prabowo and etc, it is very painful .. and I always hold on it, you need to know they are Pure Javanese not chinese . and please you read the autobiography of Suharto etc. if you need to go to Istana Negara now.
gak usah usah LG ngebahas suku/warna kulit or apaun, malu tw dibaca smua ORG this Forum.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:32 PM

78,574 posts, read 70,482,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Well from what I've seen North Asians are all pretty pale, but some can get dark due to the solar reflection off snow. Inuit seem darker than more southerly tundra and steppe dwelling peoples.
Evens and Evenks living in cities in the south of Siberia have darker complexions. It has nothing to do with snow or sun exposure. They're naturally darker-toned. I hear Russians commenting on it from time to time, when they see an Evenk.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:40 PM

My point is: Native Indonesians, native Filipinos and native Malaysians only vary a little in terms of phenotypical variation by ethnic groups and regions. I don't think native peoples from Visayas and Manila will get mistaken as Chinese crowds if they come to Indonesia as crowds (not as individual).

Old 04-12-2014, 08:01 PM

Many pretty Sundanese girls I have seen don't look like Chinese, even the light-skinned ones don't look like Chinese to me.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:05 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,965,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
On average Filipino eyes are not so big that people would mistake most Filipinos for being White or Latin American Mestizo.

Filipino eyes on average still fall within Mongoloid range.
lol talking about eyes again.... Filipino Eyes has variety of shape of eyes. Other do have monolid eye shapes but others don't have. Most Filipinos do not have a monolid eye shape that usually represents the mongoloid definition and usually East Asians have that or the Mongolians.

http://spulmano.files.wordpress.com/...34_mariams.jpg
http://pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/w...ired-Look-.jpg
http://www.cgstock.com/pics/4342.jpg
http://www.creators.com/cms/images/malkin.jpg

Old 04-12-2014, 08:09 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,965,031 times
Quote:
My point is: Native Indonesians, native Filipinos and native Malaysians only vary a little in terms of phenotypical variation by ethnic groups and regions. I don't think native peoples from Visayas and Manila will get mistaken as Chinese crowds if they come to Indonesia as crowds (not as individual).
We will definitely wont fit in Chinese crowds if we will bring Filipino and Chinese Crowds together lol..
Filipinos will still stand out to most of Chinese crowds or the Chinese from Filipinos

Old 04-12-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
we will definitely wont fit in chinese crowds if we will bring filipino and chinese crowds together lol..
Filipinos will still stand out to most of chinese crowds or the chinese from filipinos
+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia