Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 04:24 AM

83 posts, read 206,065 times

Advertisements

To me it is a little hard to correlate the modern distribution of people and cultures with those in the past given that the countries we know of today didn't exist. The various cultures, ethnic groups and traditions we are referring to are and have always been fluid. And in the past boundaries and borders were very different. Therefore features are found across a wide range of people which is simple normal human diversity. East Asia and Central Asia has a very wide range of diverse historical cultures and they have been moving around and mixing for a very long time. Of course, over time features may change but the pattern is the same.

I believe this is also from Southern China:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W69FOUrxNk

Xuan Zang is a good example of that:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Xuan_Zang.jpg

Last edited by ElkHunter; 04-13-2014 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Copyrighted photo.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:15 AM

72 posts, read 156,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
These Indonesian people definitely do not look Chinese.
Why did you post very poor people to represent us Bro? It's annoying.

[Mod cut]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Filipino does look more East Asian than average Indonesians, they have more historical link with the Chinese and their genes study does show a bit of Chinese.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 04-13-2014 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: English only

Old 04-13-2014, 06:22 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhamsingosari View Post
Why did you post very poor people to represent us Bro? It's annoying.

[Mod cut].

What's wrong with poor people? Why do you look down on them so much, they are majority of indonesia's current population and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them, they also represent indonesians as in general ... They're human being and they are part of indonesia whther you like it or not, you disgust me twice.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 04-13-2014 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: Off Topic removed

Old 04-13-2014, 08:06 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,160 times
Quote:
Very painful? I never want Indonesians to look like Chinese. But I'm also tired when people think Filipinos look like Chinese when being compared to Indonesians. Indonesians (including Javanese) and Filipinos look damn similar. Both of them look very Austronesian and mostly brown-skinned. I know a Filipino troll in this site who likes to claim his ethnic group (Visayan people) from Philippines look like East Asians.
Javanese and Sundanese people do look similar but for the type of skin brighter Sunda bandung almost all of my family in Bandung has all light skin type , but the duo could Sundanese Bandung input into the category of a yellow skin . There are also Sundanese who live in Banten, they have a language that is almost similar but more rugged than language sunda bandung but physically they are different face - skin from sundanese bandung

Old 04-13-2014, 08:12 AM

72 posts, read 156,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
Javanese and Sundanese people do look similar but for the type of skin brighter Sunda bandung almost all of my family in Bandung has all light skin type , but the duo could Sundanese Bandung input into the category of a yellow skin . There are also Sundanese who live in Banten, they have a language that is almost similar but more rugged than language sunda bandung but physically they are different face - skin from sundanese bandung
I agree Sundanese are slightly lighter than Javanese. But most of the time they have similar skin tone with us.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
I agree Sundanese are slightly lighter than Javanese. But most of the time they have similar skin tone with us.
yeah ! Wheather Bandung / Bogor very good, calm with very hot jakarta sometimes rain, I actually hate living in Jakarta, when I went off to bandung I just wanted to stay there long, because the air is warm .. So also much less and Puncak bogor wow amazing .. aku sering nginep di sana ketika liburan

Old 04-13-2014, 08:48 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,534 times
Quote:
Very painful? I never want Indonesians to look like Chinese. But I'm also tired when people think Filipinos look like Chinese when being compared to Indonesians. Indonesians (including Javanese) and Filipinos look damn similar. Both of them look very Austronesian and mostly brown-skinned. I know a Filipino troll in this site who likes to claim his ethnic group (Visayan people) from Philippines look like East Asians.
I think I know him also hahhaa.... anyways, I know you too Ilham we're definitely do not look like Chinese We're Southeast Asian and that we are Filipinos with Austronesian shared culture. It's far to compare Filipinos to East Asian which we have more closer relationship to Indonesia by race, culture and language from all Asians.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I think I know him also hahhaa.... anyways, I know you too Ilham we're definitely do not look like Chinese We're Southeast Asian and that we are Filipinos with Austronesian shared culture. It's far to compare Filipinos to East Asian which we have more closer relationship to Indonesia by race, culture and language from all Asians.
I think ILHAM may be more familiar with the Filipina , I think it's true-Indonesian filipinas look similar to each other

Old 04-13-2014, 09:10 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Well i mean no offense if it hurts you Filipinos when i said you have East Asian feature, it's just that i was refering to this table that shows Filipinos having somewhat little Chinese genes and that when i googled Filipino people on google it shows that quiet some number of them actually have tiny eyes (including rich and poor), and a bit European too if you notice (mainly Tagaloc and Visayans) , probably the Mestizos:

Obviously Filipinos are Austronesian as the table show, maybe southern Filipinos have more Austronesian look than the north (bigger eyes, darker etc).

Last edited by Goshio22; 04-13-2014 at 09:31 AM..

Old 04-13-2014, 09:26 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Well i mean no offense if it hurts you Filipinos when i said you have East Asian feature, it's just that i was refering to this table that shows Filipinos having somewhat little Chinese genes and that when i googled Filipino people on google it shows that quiet some number of them actually have tiny eyes (including rich and poor), and a bit European too if you notice (mainly Tagaloc and Visayans) , probably the Mestizos:

Obviously Filipinos are Austronesian as the table show, maybe southern Filipinos have more Austronesian look than the north (bigger eyes, darker etc).
lol first we are not from East Asia, 2nd we are Filipinos and 3rd our culture is different to East Asians. What we have is Austronesian shared heritage. But we are not claiming any other nationalities just to fit in because Chinese is another nationality and that we are not Chinese and not also Indonesian if that's what you were thinking. We don't look like them in general, did they check all 100 Million Population DNA. I identify myself as Filipino with Austronesian Heritage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia