Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 01:17 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Actually you seem to be posting every single negative article that you can find from Israeli newspapers that show Israelis in a bad light.

As for this particular article, this is about some Israelis that behaved badly. That does not mean that this represents all Israelis.
Even if it's a single israeli who behave badly,if the israeli press publish it than everyboday has the right to read it and post it on forums.
You're just trying to harass people preventing them from posting articles on events that happens in israel.
It's up to the reader to decide if it's negative or positive,not up to you.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:47 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,809,001 times
Please take this to the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:41 PM

199 posts, read 336,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Please take this to the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum.
Ironically, I believe it was an Israeli (Agam) who created that "Why [what] do you think about israel?" thread (now closed) in the Asia sub-forum in the first place.

Quote:
Perhaps "Scobby" and "Kanjelman7" can try to use Scripture to justify their feelings about "Zionists".
Nope, as someone who lives in the real world, I would rather use observations and facts to support my opinions -- I truly believe the U.S. has nothing to gain (and more to lose) with its continued alliance with Israel, which is one of a parasitic nature (with U.S. as the foolish brainwashed "host"). Well Zionists, we're still waiting for an actual rebuttal instead of dodging the issue and pointing fingers instead

always remember folks:
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -Voltaire

(hint: it's a country in the middle east that the U.S. is unfortunately allied to)

Last edited by kanjelman7; 04-08-2014 at 11:11 PM..

Old 04-09-2014, 07:53 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanjelman7 View Post
Ironically, I believe it was an Israeli (Agam) who created that "Why [what] do you think about israel?" thread (now closed) in the Asia sub-forum in the first place.
Per her initial post:

Quote:
i just wanna know what is your opinion about an amazing country in Asia

israel .funny people beautiful girls many attractions . there are everything up there . especially incredible food

I live there and my advice to you . come visit here in tel aviv . You gonna love it in every second
It had no political agenda. Thus it could go in either the Asia* or Travel forums. You and others turned it from basically a travel thread into a hate thread. Thus it was closed due to that fact.

* The term "Middle East" was a creation by the British to separate the Arabs from everyone else.
Middle East - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-09-2014, 08:18 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
I agree that the original poster (Agam) probably meant to write "what" rather than "why" in that particular posting!

Old 04-09-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Even if it's a single israeli who behave badly,if the israeli press publish it than everyboday has the right to read it and post it on forums.
You're just trying to harass people preventing them from posting articles on events that happens in israel.
I am not preventing you from posting anything but I don't see people posting an article about every single American or other nationality that behaves badly.

Again these Israeli diplomats that misbehaved in India don't represent all Israelis.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:19 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
It may be your right to do so, but why are you specifically targeting Israelis and not anyone else?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:10 PM

199 posts, read 336,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Per her initial post:It had no political agenda. Thus it could go in either the Asia* or Travel forums.
Even though it had no political agenda, the thread title was ""Why [what] do you think about israel?"
With an open-ended question like that, the OP should expect a variety of responses, not just positive responses to feed/inflate his or her ego. Whether an opinion is "good" or "bad" depends on the person that is reading it; all opinions should be accepted and respected regardless.

Quote:
You and others turned it from basically a travel thread into a hate thread. Thus it was closed due to that fact.
Don't get things twisted. It is not so much hate as it is frustration. A real Israel hate thread would call for the destruction of Israel and/or the genocide of the Israeli people. None of my posts reflect that. INSTEAD, my posts against Zionism/Israel are a way to vent frustrations as an average, law-abiding/tax-paying U.S. citizen who sees no benefit of Israel being an ally to the U.S. (it feels more like an economic/security liability instead). I was hoping to generate fruitful discussion, but all I get is name-calling and pointing fingers. So again, I ask, what benefit does the U.S. get from having Israel as an ally? It seems one-sided in the sense that Israel heavily benefits from the U.S. as an ally but not the other way around! Besides, Israel is not the only U.S. ally in the middle east. For example, Kuwait is a major non-NATO ally (MNNA) of the U.S.

Quote:
* The term "Middle East" was a creation by the British to separate the Arabs from everyone else.
Middle East - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Okay, and? What point are you trying to address here? The United Nations' partition plan to facilitate the creation of Israel is a regrettable action of the past, and future generations (especially Americans) are paying a heavy price for this mistake.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
So again, I ask, what benefit does the U.S. get from having Israel as an ally? It seems one-sided in the sense that Israel heavily benefits from the U.S. as an ally but not the other way around!
Perhaps you can find some answers to your question in this article:
Friends with Benefits: Why the U.S.-Israeli Alliance Is Good for America - The Washington Institute for Near East Policy

Old 04-09-2014, 07:39 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Even though it had no political agenda, the thread title was ""Why [what] do you think about israel?"
With an open-ended question like that, the OP should expect a variety of responses, not just positive responses to feed/inflate his or her ego. Whether an opinion is "good" or "bad" depends on the person that is reading it; all opinions should be accepted and respected regardless.
Did you go to school and learn how to create a composition? There is a topic sentence which is a general statement. This is followed by an introduction paragraph that sets the theme that draws the reader into the actual topic. By these standards of writing that post was not political. This direction you have chosen is a Hijack of the OP of this thread we are in now. The title simply made a statement that certain people had a brawl with other people. The introduction was a link to a news link that certain people who happened to be Israeli had a brawl in the India version of the US TSA. Instead of taking the direction of " Are brawls common in airports in India?" this thread became what it is now; A anti-Israel thread. I initially had two posts in this thread that showed brawls did happen more often than not in India's airports. They were deleted as I can only assume at the request of the original poster thus turning it into a thread about Israeli's and their bad reaction to standing in line too long. Which then should have simply turned the thread into coverage of people not having patience in airports. But it didn't go in that direction either. So here we are at your anti-Israel rant in which made an anti-Jew remark each time to posted in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia