Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 06:08 PM

732 posts, read 780,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I never said it's better, but just said it has better food (in the opinion of almost everyone) and was also pointing out why it's the most visited country in South-East Asia (for good reason).
Well, most visited in a sense that majority of the bulk of tourists are neighboring SGans. Imagine, more than half of it are Singaporeans numbering to 13million out of its 25million tourist arrival. To think that SG is only an island nation of only almost 6million people.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:09 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,202,970 times
I have at least 4 Malaysian friends who told me in different occasions that they felt the Philippines has better English than Malaysia, especially that they kept on changing the education policies in Malaysia. Two of those had been to the Philippines, the other two based on their observations on Filipino workers in Malaysia. So I do not need to come to C-D for an answer to this one.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:11 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Well, most visited in a sense that majority of the bulk of tourists are neighboring SGans. Imagine, more than half of it are Singaporeans numbering to 13million out of its 25million tourist arrival. To think that SG is only an island nation of only almost 6million people.
Well yes, obviously because SG is so close, but even then that's 12 million a year, which is not insignificant. The Philippines gets 4 million a year. Singapore actually gets even more, 15 million a year (similar to Thailand) although it's a major hub for stop-overs.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
I have at least 4 Malaysian friends who told me in different occasions that they felt the Philippines has better English than Malaysia, especially that they kept on changing the education policies in Malaysia. Two of those had been to the Philippines, the other two based on their observations on Filipino workers in Malaysia. So I do not need to come to C-D for an answer to this one.
Yeah Malaysia is putting itself at a disadvantage by stifling English. I'm not the type who would applaud it if the whole world speaks English (I'd prefer people spoke their own language) but economically speaking it's holding Malaysia back.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Well yes, obviously because SG is so close, but even then that's 12 million a year, which is not insignificant. The Philippines gets 4 million a year. Singapore actually gets even more, 15 million a year (similar to Thailand) although it's a major hub for stop-overs.
Well a bulk of it is from neighboring Indonesia, Thailand and Brunei. Malaysia should be thankful anyway it shares borders with this ASEAN countries. Out of ASEAN the number is just similar to the Phil numbers, I even think its lower...Similarly with SG, its vice-versa its still neighboring countries shared with borders topping the list.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Well a bulk of it is from neighboring Indonesia, Thailand and Brunei. Malaysia should be thankful anyway it shares borders with this ASEAN countries. Out of ASEAN the number is just similar to the Phil numbers, I even think its lower...
Well it shows how much more of a draw Malaysia is for international tourists than the Philippines are. I seldom here of people vacationing in the Phils, but of course they are always going to Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia.etc.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:18 PM

^Accdg to you? So be it!

Old 04-08-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
^Accdg to you? So be it!
I'm talking about Australians. But the same applies to most nationalities. I can bring up the stats or you can take my word for it.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Well it shows how much more of a draw Malaysia is for international tourists than the Philippines are. I seldom here of people vacationing in the Phils, but of course they are always going to Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia.etc.
So there are more Australians who go to Malaysia. There are more tourist arrivals in Malaysia than the Philippines overall. But there are more Koreans and Americans who go to the Philippines and are more familiar with the Philippines. It's a matter of geography, historical and cultural ties, etc.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about Australians. But the same applies to most nationalities. I can bring up the stats or you can take my word for it.
Whatever. But that does not automatically improve the English standards of Malaysia, which is the topic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia