U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 06:32 PM

621 posts, read 382,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
So there are more Australians who go to Malaysia. There are more tourist arrivals in Malaysia than the Philippines overall. But there are more Koreans and Americans who go to the Philippines and are more familiar with the Philippines. It's a matter of geography, historical and cultural ties, etc.
Right! Its just personal preferences, if Australians like Malaysia more then that's fine...But tourists sharing borders and numbers doubling the number like the SG 6 million pop 13 million visitors is just Anyway they are still tourist! Why don't we subdivide Phils and then we could increase our foreign visitors

Old 04-08-2014, 06:33 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,241,785 times
Quote:
So there are more Australians who go to Malaysia. There are more tourist arrivals in Malaysia than the Philippines overall. But there are more Koreans and Americans who go to the Philippines and are more familiar with the Philippines. It's a matter of geography, historical and cultural ties, etc.
How many of those are Filipino Americans? The US has a lot of Filipinos, remember.

In Southeast Asia the Philippines is on the periphery both geographically and as a tourist destination. For some reason it seems ignored. Not saying it's right, that's how it is.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Right! Its just personal preferences, if Australians like Malaysia more then that's fine...But tourists sharing borders and numbers doubling the number like the SG 6 million pop 13 million visitors is just Anyway they are still tourist! Why don't we subdivide Phils and then we could increase our foreign visitors
Crime and food are probably the two main things the Philippines has going against it really...

Old 04-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
How many of those are Filipino Americans? The US has a lot of Filipinos, remember.

In Southeast Asia the Philippines is on the periphery both geographically and as a tourist destination. For some reason it seems ignored. Not saying it's right, that's how it is.
And how many Koreans are of Filipino descent? Insignificant remember.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Crime and food are probably the two main things the Philippines has going against it really...
Crime is not that high, food is not bad either. The problem with the foods in the Phils is more of a health concern rather than not palatable. Its more meaty compared to the neighbors more vegetarian foods. But I believe Filipino food is just as palatable and as craving to the mouth as theirs.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Crime is not that high, food is not bad either. The problem with the foods in the Phils is more of a health concern rather than not palatable. Its more meaty compared to the neighbors more vegetarian foods. But I believe Filipino food is just as palatable and as craving to the mouth as theirs.
Well the perception of crime at least. It seems mostly in the larger cities. But can one walk around Cebu or something at night with no worries? I hear even Cebu has some dodgy areas.

Well I think the lack of spices too, and lack of variety...maybe some good home cooked stuff, but most people agree it's got the most lacklustre food in SEA.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:49 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,669,089 times
Quote:
Well the perception of crime at least. It seems mostly in the larger cities. But can one walk around Cebu or something at night with no worries? I hear even Cebu has some dodgy areas.

Well I think the lack of spices too, and lack of variety...maybe some good home cooked stuff, but most people agree it's got the most lacklustre food in SEA.
No, one has to be careful anywhere. Metro area of Cebu has more than 2 million people, I don't know any city that size in any part of the world without any dodgy areas.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:49 PM

Well you will just have him win $500 by going to his baits

Quote:

Hmmm you really is clueless

Old 04-08-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
No, one has to be careful anywhere. Metro area of Cebu has more than 2 million people, I don't know any city that size in any part of the world without any dodgy areas.
Well I walked around Bangkok and never felt unsafe. To some pretty quiet areas, I dunno if it has bad areas. Singapore, Hong Kong, Taipei, Tokyo, all feel very safe to walk in despite being big cities.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:05 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,478,533 times
I am pretty sure the Philippines is more widely known internationally than Malaysia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or