U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 08:36 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,968,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
I have a Redneck American friend who refers to Filipinos as those Chinese looking people with Spanish last names.
Then take something from them to get DNA test if you're curious about their genetic background.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:57 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,252,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Former colonial master usually knows something abt their colony duhh, in netherland probably 99% of them know indonesia.
Visitor numbers definitely still play a role in how known a place is. Australians and Britons visit Malaysia much more than the Phils. We know what laksa, horfun, roti canai, nasi goreng is. Most Australians cannot name on Filipino dish.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:19 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,968,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Visitor numbers definitely still play a role in how known a place is. Australians and Britons visit Malaysia much more than the Phils. We know what laksa, horfun, roti canai, nasi goreng is. Most Australians cannot name on Filipino dish.
I thought the topic was about Which has a higher standard of English, Malaysia or Philippines?
lol I guess you just want to hear us to shout out that Malaysian is the best overall than the Philippines. You cannot hide how much you dislike us.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:33 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,852,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
I have a Redneck American friend who refers to Filipinos as those Chinese looking people with Spanish last names.
I don't look like a Chinese.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:36 AM

Quote:
They visit but doesn't mean the country and the people are widely known... Maybe just to some Anglo countries. You don't really hear so much about Malaysia in the news except last month because of the plane. How will it get popular globally when it doesn't have controversy ??? Malaysians keep a low profile unlike Filipinos that are always being talked about. You should know that because you always talk about us here. Admit it, we are more popular... Otherwise, you wouldn't even bother talking about us or creating posts about us and and our country.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 04-12-2014 at 04:46 AM..

Old 04-12-2014, 04:49 AM

Quote:
So ??? We have other visitors from other countries too. If you have Ausies that know more about your culture, we also have Americans that also know more about our country and know nada about Malaysia. Haay, you really want a competition.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
They visit but doesn't mean the country and the people are widely known... Maybe just to some Anglo countries. You don't really hear so much about Malaysia in the news except last month because of the plane. How will it get popular globally when it doesn't have controversy ??? Malaysians keep a low profile unlike Filipinos that are always being talked about. You should know that because you always talk about us here. Admit it, we are more popular... Otherwise, you wouldn't even bother talking about us or creating posts about us and and our country.
No it's because I always here people talking about the Philippines here. IRL not so much. My parents visited back in the 1980s, actually, and I will say the Filipinos I've met have mostly been really nice and friendly, I have nothing against them. The country itself though doesn't appeal that much.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:53 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,005,408 times
you should probably never visit because if you're complaining about it without even visiting, I can't imagine how miserable it'd be if you actually went there. The Philippines isn't for most people. You have to be a person that can go with the flow. You have to be very extroverted as well. Otherwise, you'll hate it and complain the whole time.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
you should probably never visit because if you're complaining about it without even visiting, I can't imagine how miserable it'd be if you actually went there. The Philippines isn't for most people. You have to be a person that can go with the flow. You have to be very extroverted as well. Otherwise, you'll hate it and complain the whole time.
There are few countries I have no interest in, I have some interest in the Philippines, not as much as others, but I'll probably go someday.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I don't look like a Chinese.
Are you mostly Austronesian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or