Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,614 times

Advertisements

Come to think of it there are couple of similarities of pattern between japan and indonesia, one populated island, highly urbanized capital city that are formed by absorbing villages (except in japan these villages are highly organized despite as packed as jakarta), one traditional cultural capital kyoto vs yogyakarta both are ex capital city, disfuntioned royalties, both consume loads of seafood and rice, lack in english language skill, high believe in mystictism etc. But japan beats indonesia easily lol, being super ultra modern country with so much to offer.

And whatever i said is simply being too biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 10:20 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Australia/SK, two developed countries that are extremely different. One very homogenous, the other fairly diverse. The very different reasons to attract makes it interesting in terms of seeing what people gravitate towards.

Indonesia versus Japan is two large archipelagic nations that are very different. One's incredibly chaotic and the other is run like a swiss clock.

I don't quite understand your point though. They have to be as similar as possible to be compared, is that right?
Not necessarily, but some things are too different to be compared, not comparable. It's like saying comparing Lubbock, Texas with Hong Kong.

I guess Australia and SK is a valid comparison but I think Australia would take it easily.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:23 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Come to think of it there are couple of similarities of pattern between japan and indonesia, one populated island, highly urbanized capital city that are formed by absorbing villages (except in japan these villages are highly organized despite as packed as jakarta), one traditional cultural capital kyoto vs yogyakarta both are ex capital city, disfuntioned royalties, both consume loads of seafood and rice, lack in english language skill, high believe in mystictism etc. But japan beats indonesia easily lol, being super ultra modern country with so much to offer.

Japan and New Zealand have similarities. Both are long island chains a similar distance from the equator (Japan is 32 to 45 deg N of the equator, NZ is 34 to 46 deg S of the equator), both have a mountainous spine, linguistic similarities ('Taranaki' in New Zealand sounds Japanese).

Old 04-10-2014, 11:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,072 times
India vs. China
Maldives vs. Palau
Sri Lanka vs. Taiwan
Burma vs. North Korea
Thailand vs. Philippines
Laos vs. Cambodia
Vietnam vs. Malaysia
Hong Kong vs. Singapore

Old 04-10-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Japan and New Zealand have similarities. Both are long island chains a similar distance from the equator (Japan is 32 to 45 deg N of the equator, NZ is 34 to 46 deg S of the equator), both have a mountainous spine, linguistic similarities ('Taranaki' in New Zealand sounds Japanese).
And i forgot that we were once occupied by the Japanese, how we divided subvillages or urban neighborhood localities district deep down to rt/rw, were vertically divided like in Japan.

Hmmm Japan vs New Zealand, you know who will take the credit

Old 04-10-2014, 11:28 PM

7 posts, read 10,826 times
I agree that if compare : INDONESIA vs THAILAND or because some or many have similarities than Indonesia vs Turkey ( not proper )

Old 04-10-2014, 11:42 PM

The only thing that Indonesia and Turkey have in common is that, they're both less serious Muslim country.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:50 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
for visiting...

Turkey vs. Indonesia
Azerbaijan vs. Jordan
Israel vs. Lebanon
Palestine vs. Timor-Leste
Iraq vs. Syria
Kuwait vs. Oman
Bahrain vs. Brunei
Qatar vs. United Arab Emirates
Saudi Arabia vs. Iran
Uzbekistan vs. Turkmenistan
Kyrgyzstan vs. Tajikistan
Yemen vs. Afghanistan
Pakistan vs. Bangladesh
Nepal vs. Bhutan
India vs. China
Maldives vs. Palau
Sri Lanka vs. Taiwan
Burma vs. North Korea
Thailand vs. Philippines
Laos vs. Cambodia
Vietnam vs. Malaysia
Hong Kong vs. Singapore
Kazakhstan vs. Mongolia
South Korea vs. Japan
Fun thread, lets see!

Turkey
Azerbaijan
Lebanon
Palestine
Syria
Oman
UAE
Saudi Arabia
Uzbekistan
Kyrgyzstan
Yemen
Bangladesh
Nepal
China
Maldives
Taiwan
Burma
Thailand
Cambodia
Vietnam
Hong Kong
Mongolia
Japan

I went by which I would rather visit.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:53 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
wow.. You choose hong kong over singapore ?? Your so called home away from home..

Never thought you would "betray " us.. A half singaporean...lol

lol!

Old 04-12-2014, 01:01 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post

in Jakarta often held Japan festival "Matsuri " whether you know it or see it , I often follow seem very crowded and much less funny seeing people wearing Japanese costumes anime with various forms .youngsters Jakarta very excited to celebrate this festival,

Jakarta-Japan Matsuri 2013 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia