U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 05:45 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,273,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by np6888 View Post
Honestly, I don't know why the Singaporeans shouldn't just pass laws banning Filipinos from entering their country together. Singapore is their home, which means that they should be able to pass laws banning whoever they want to get into their country. The Filipinos should be glad that the Singaporeans are allowing them to enter their country at all, much less trying to celebrate their independence day. Like I've said, if you're poor, then don't have kids and expect others to take care of you. When you are unfit, then you are supposed to die out(or at least have a lot less kids), not leech on other people.

Listen to me, Singaporeans, DON'T allow immigrants to take over your country, especially low IQ ones. Otherwise, they'll just breed, vote for their own representatives, and that's how they can effectively take over your country(which is what the Mexicans are doing to the U.S now). In fact, it only takes a minority to do it. Why? Because depending on how your government works(2/3rd required to pass?), they can just veto any law restricting immigration.

Actually, I have a better solution, what the Singaporeans and Filipinos should do is that they should have a deal that if the Filipinos want to move to Singapore, then the Singaporeans take over the Filipinos government or land, equalling to the land giving up to the Filipinos(either that or tell the Filipino government to send $50-100 million every year), and that contract should hold forever. This is just in case that the Filipinos become rich, they won't just close their borders(which would effectively mean that both Singapore and the Philippines are Filipinos.) Right now, the Filipinos have nothing to lose by opening their borders, because they're poor, and nobody wants to move there. Basically, don't allow immigrants to come to your country for free, instead ask them, what exactly do they have in exchange? To me, this is only fair, the only ones who cry racism would be the lesser party, as they have nothing to lose.
I agree , and wish that our government will listen to us , but they are not.. And we need to do something about it ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Well again, what is the prevailing public sentiment? It seems that Singaporeans are quite divided over this, so if more were against it wouldn't what he be saying be the anti-populist approach? I mean not that he'd go so far as to say 'Filipinos can't have their celebration' but he might reason like you do that not every nationality can have it's national day blah blah. I mean, how many other countries even celebrate their national day in S'pore? Are there Malaysians celebrating their national day? Or Chinese, Indians?

I don't know what the opposition is like, but I don't see them forming government right now. How does another party even arise in a nation which has only known one party?
Exactly, the other nationalities in Singapore are not so high profile , and lie low..

Old 04-22-2014, 06:06 PM

26 posts, read 52,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
You do not know what you are talking about. Filipinos who go to Singapore are not leeching on other people. Also, Singapore does not have any naturalization pathways for low-income jobs at all. The maids can be working there for 20 years and have kids there, none of them are granted Singaporean citizenship, hence no benefits. It is a different story for Filipinos who have white collar jobs there.
Are they allowed to vote? If not, then I guess that's okay(actually, I think every country should pass a law like this, you can become permanent residents, but not citizens and to vote, and if you are only there to seek new economic opportunities, and don't have any ill-intention, then this shouldn't be a concern.) However, by being there and having kids, and those kids grow up, each seeking new jobs(don't tell me they are all blue-collar?) and houses, they are effectively taking over Singapore's land anyway.

When it comes down to it, the solution is to tell the root countries to stop having kids altogether(or any more than they can support.)

Old 04-22-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Are they allowed to vote? If not, then I guess that's okay(actually, I think every country should pass a law like this, you can become permanent residents, but not citizens and to vote, and if you are only there to seek new economic opportunities, and don't have any ill-intention, then this shouldn't be a concern.) However, by being there and having kids, and those kids grow up, each seeking new jobs(don't tell me they are all blue-collar?) and houses, they are effectively taking over Singapore's land anyway.

When it comes down to it, the solution is to tell the root countries to stop having kids altogether(or any more than they can support.)
That will only stop the maids and domestic workers, low paid construction workers and other generals workers like those from China, India, Myanmar, Thai will still come in... Other expats workers from Anglosphere countries should stop coming in too...They are the ones that take away highly paid jobs ...

The solution is a change in Singapore government, a government from the people for the people !!!

We locals have sort of a saying, Singapore is being run like a company... The Lee & Lee company..

Old 04-22-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
The "third world scum" thing is hilarious. Don't almost all of Singaporeans descend from immigrants who came from third world countries?
They key word here is descend, which means we are not immigrants.. We are born in Singapore, bred in Singapore, studied, worked and live in Singapore.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:47 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,671,800 times
Quote:

If one is not a citizen, then one is not allowed to vote. Only white-collar workers pretty much have some chance of renting somewhere in Singapore and having kids there. Low-income Filipino workers are mostly domestic helpers and they stay in their employer's house. Anyway, because they do not get even residency status or benefits, any blue-collar workers who have kids in Singapore will lose their jobs and go back home. Or they will send their kids back to their home country while the parent stays and works in Singapore. Singapore is probably the only developed country without any minimum wage law. Coupled with no way to become a Singapore resident or citizen, plus extremely high costs of living, it's actually a place where blue-collar workers are more taken advantage of rather than vice versa.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:58 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,263,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
That will only stop the maids and domestic workers, low paid construction workers and other generals workers like those from China, India, Myanmar, Thai will still come in... Other expats workers from Anglosphere countries should stop coming in too...They are the ones that take away highly paid jobs ...

The solution is a change in Singapore government, a government from the people for the people !!!

We locals have sort of a saying, Singapore is being run like a company... The Lee & Lee company..
Well, then an viable opposition party needs to start running, or else the people have to rise up and demonstrate to reform the PAP. Don't just ***** and moan about it online, get out on the streets, protest, make some noise!

Old 04-22-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Well, then an viable opposition party needs to start running, or else the people have to rise up and demonstrate to reform the PAP. Don't just ***** and moan about it online, get out on the streets, protest, make some noise!
Slight concrete actions have been taken, the Singaporean who applied for the permit to challenge the Pinoy event is one.. And the PAP have lost Punggol East and the Hougang By -elections..

Of course i still agree bulk of locals are still just keyboard warrior .. Tigers behind the computer screen and gutless cats in real life

Old 04-22-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
The "third world scum" thing is hilarious. Don't almost all of Singaporeans descend from immigrants who came from third world countries?
So do a lot of Americans. Certainly even wealthier countries like Italy were poorer at the time.

Either way yeah, it is elitist. My great grandparent's on my mother's side were poor, basically economic refugees from China to Singapore. They were hard-working working class folk. I doubt any of my relatives would call these people 'third world trash.' None of my uncles and aunties in Singapore even have maids actually. A few of them including my mother have spent a lot of time in countries like the Philippines, Cambodia, India, Nepal.etc, back when it was a real adventure to go there and wasn't beset by tourists.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Slight concrete actions have been taken, the Singaporean who applied for the permit to challenge the Pinoy event is one.. And the PAP have lost Punggol East and the Hougang By -elections..

Of course i still agree bulk of locals are still just keyboard warrior .. Tigers behind the computer screen and gutless cats in real life
Sometimes i think the 'two party' system we have here isn't much better, at least you're spared the bickering and can get things done more easily. Maybe the PAP just requires more checks and balances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or