U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 06:49 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,272,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktodhand View Post
The Channel News Asia article? But nothing in the said article states that Filipino parents are teaching their children to take over Singapore.
Why some Singaporeans feel annoyed with Pinoys in Singapore | The Real Singapore

Here it is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 08:39 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,670,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
And you believe that? Even if true, that is one or two parents out of many. In any case, one Filipino does not represent the other 100 million. Just like you seem to be xenophobic, shallow and annoying but I don't think most Singaporeans are the same. Unless of course you want us to think that way of your fellow citizens because frankly I do not know what you want to achieve by your constant complaining in this forum.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:29 PM

301 posts, read 403,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
And you put importance on what a parent say to their 8-year old kid? I tell my kids they can be like Einstein if they study hard. Will you bring this up to the principal's office and make a big deal out of it, just in case it becomes true?

Gosh, office politics is everywhere. All Filipinos are not saints, just as all Singaporeans are not all that good either. But one thing I am sure of, I can put a bet that if you do an objective and scientific poll in Singapore, that there are many times the number of Filipinos being underpaid and abused by their Singaporean employers compared to this one incident published in Singapore regarding unfair treatment by a Filipino manager. We are not even sure how true this story is. It surely has a lot of bias in it already. I also cannot believe anyone will trust such person to access their ATM account? If there is anything I can take from this article, it shows the KIASU attitude prevalent in Singapore.
So biased.
When you read stories about Singaporeans bullying Filipinos, you believe it without question, but when you read stories about Filipinos bullying Singaporeans, you say it's probably not true.
The only biased viewpoint here is yours

Old 06-20-2014, 05:46 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,256,138 times
I can't say whether those stories about pinoys are true...maybe some are two-faced, people everywhere. Whether it's typical of Filipinos as a group? Well I would hope not.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:21 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,272,710 times
This is different . Our sovereign is being challenged. Already not an issue of xenophobia already . And It is no longer the point that this is one 1 or 2 isolated cases.

If I were to "brainwash" my kid that we will take over Australia, Hong Kong or say phillipines one day, dare you say I won't be bashed or receive ape**** from a sibgle of the million of fillipinos in the world ?

Comparing to a company setting , say you are an employee and your fellow colleague starts claiming that he will take over the company one day.. Won't you be pissed off ? If you are the boss will you do nothing at all dismissing it as just 0.01% of your staff and there will be no effect at all and your credibility as a
Owner ?

Old 06-20-2014, 06:28 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,256,138 times
Quote:
This is different . Our sovereign is being challenged. Already not an issue of xenophobia already . And It is no longer the point that this is one 1 or 2 isolated cases.

If I were to "brainwash" my kid that we will take over Australia, Hong Kong or say phillipines one day, dare you say I won't be bashed or receive ape**** from a sibgle of the million of fillipinos in the world ?

Comparing to a company setting , say you are an employee and your fellow colleague starts claiming that he will take over the company one day.. Won't you be pissed off ? If you are the boss will you do nothing at all dismissing it as just 0.01% of your staff and there will be no effect at all and your credibility as a
Owner ?
Well of course that person should be fired, but how representative is that of Filipinos?

Old 06-20-2014, 10:12 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,853,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
And you put importance on what a parent say to their 8-year old kid? I tell my kids they can be like Einstein if they study hard. Will you bring this up to the principal's office and make a big deal out of it, just in case it becomes true?

Gosh, office politics is everywhere. All Filipinos are not saints, just as all Singaporeans are not all that good either. But one thing I am sure of, I can put a bet that if you do an objective and scientific poll in Singapore, that there are many times the number of Filipinos being underpaid and abused by their Singaporean employers compared to this one incident published in Singapore regarding unfair treatment by a Filipino manager. We are not even sure how true this story is. It surely has a lot of bias in it already. I also cannot believe anyone will trust such person to access their ATM account? If there is anything I can take from this article, it shows the KIASU attitude prevalent in Singapore.
I totally agree with you Golden Tiger.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:15 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,853,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi wan spaghetti View Post
So biased.
When you read stories about Singaporeans bullying Filipinos, you believe it without question, but when you read stories about Filipinos bullying Singaporeans, you say it's probably not true.
The only biased viewpoint here is yours
Okay how many times dl you hear Singaporeans being bullied by Filipinos ? And how many times do you hear Filipinos being bullied and abused by Singaporean employers ?

Old 06-20-2014, 10:24 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,670,934 times
Quote:

Owner ?
Your sovereignty is challenged? These are kids and this is ONE incident that you did not personally experience. In such cases, the reason they've been told by their parents (although I do not agree to it) is because they are bullied and oppressed. That is just a coping mechanism, providing some kind of hope in some kind of fantasy that somehow, when they grow up, they will become more privileged than those who oppressed them. I am willing to bet that this child is actually bullied for being Filipino by his Singaporean classmates. Such reaction is almost universal anyway, not just from Filipinos. It's this Cinderella kind of story that a lot of kids that age can use to somehow give them some hope and manage to survive through the bullying in school. Whether that will actually happen in the future is highly unlikely anyway. How many nerds being bullied actually are told that they will eventually be one day a CEO of their own companies and those bullies will be working for him? How many poor kids bullied by the rich kids actually hope that one day, they'll be richer than those who bullied them?

So no, your sovereignty is far from being challenged. You might as well worry more if Malaysia will cut off your water supply.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:13 AM

1,023 posts, read 898,076 times
Quote:

Owner ?
Go try to live in the Philippines and brainwash your kids that someday they will take over the country, nobody will give a d@mn! We'll just wish you goodluck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or