U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:38 PM

621 posts, read 382,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
What do ugly children have to do with the topic?
Backread abt the post np6888 posted you sure would understand but I agree its out of topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 09:40 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,271,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
^^
No, but I know a number of people working in SG. I also read blogs including the one you posted that tackles abt this situations so I can sense Singaporean sentiments.
So do your fillipino friends working in Singapore generally speak positively or negatively about their experience ?!

Old 04-19-2014, 09:42 PM

Honestly with high Anti foreigner sentiment here in sg, would be wise for any foreign community in sg to lie low, the Pinoy community didn't ..

Old 04-19-2014, 09:44 PM

621 posts, read 382,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
So do your fillipino friends working in Singapore generally speak positively or negatively about their experience ?!
Not necessarily friends but just associates, they don't mind with that because their purpose there is to work and help improve their lives and their families nothing else. So they just usually stay at home or hang-out with fellow Filipinos.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:14 PM

Woodstock's post is gone I don't know why nevertheless thanks for your encouragement and kind words to SIngapore

Old 04-19-2014, 11:29 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,478,961 times
What is up with people all over the world believing migrants are there to take over? We are a migratory species! People move around to better themselves. when things get desperate they dont care about borders and governments. they only care to put money on the table.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:19 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,580,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
IMO those are just childish reasons, anyway in the Phils, any nationality including Singaporeans can celebrate their Independence day here as long as you have permits (and don't block the traffic)! Com'n Phils will never invade your country, no plans at all.
Fixed it for ya!

Old 04-21-2014, 05:41 PM

4,868 posts, read 3,383,810 times
My goodness. Give me a break. Singaporeans willingly hire thousands of Filipinos and others as domestics at rock bottom wages and almost no time off and then are outraged when they want to spend a few hours celebrating one of their national holidays on one of their rare days off.

Perhaps if you are so concerned about the inflow of foreigners you could stop hiring these maids as a status symbol and do some of your own housework. How much time does it take to clean and dust one of those tiny HDB flats?

I see parents with one child who can't even go to a food court in the local mall without bringing their maids along to carry and feed their kid. One person I know is so lazy that the maid has to turn the tv on and off and change channels.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:59 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,244,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
My goodness. Give me a break. Singaporeans willingly hire thousands of Filipinos and others as domestics at rock bottom wages and almost no time off and then are outraged when they want to spend a few hours celebrating one of their national holidays on one of their rare days off.

Perhaps if you are so concerned about the inflow of foreigners you could stop hiring these maids as a status symbol and do some of your own housework. How much time does it take to clean and dust one of those tiny HDB flats?

I see parents with one child who can't even go to a food court in the local mall without bringing their maids along to carry and feed their kid. One person I know is so lazy that the maid has to turn the tv on and off and change channels.
Pretty much what I said earlier on...well since most couples work long hours full time, and maids are cheap, is it any wonder?

Old 04-21-2014, 11:42 PM

3 posts, read 2,309 times
Those people that do not hire foreign domestic helpers resent them, the bosses of the helpers are more tolerant. These foreigners in Singapore are on a work visa only, they should learn that they are not the citizens of the country and they are not in the process to become citizens. Citizens should always have priority in their own country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or