Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:40 AM

732 posts, read 779,529 times

Advertisements

the thing is that they feel the enigma because they tend to look Filipinos as mere household helps in the past. Nowadays, companies tends to hire Filipinos on higher level of professional work. So from mere housemaids to the rise of executives and managers, who would not feel the pressure. So the tendency to bash and to single out. My suggestion is that Singaporeans should see that as an eye-opener for them to be more competitive as they see that the higher paying jobs would be overtaken by Pinoys. A call for them to stop from being whiners but be as globally competitive and stood up as men and women who deserve your existence. Singapore is multi-cultural in nature so theres no place for childish thinking. Filipinos just value work and keeps on improving, its not a problem if they are hired by your local offices and businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 07:06 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,825,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
the thing is that they feel the enigma because they tend to look Filipinos as mere household helps in the past. Nowadays, companies tends to hire Filipinos on higher level of professional work. So from mere housemaids to the rise of executives and managers, who would not feel the pressure. So the tendency to bash and to single out. My suggestion is that Singaporeans should see that as an eye-opener for them to be more competitive as they see that the higher paying jobs would be overtaken by Pinoys. A call for them to stop from being whiners but be as globally competitive and stood up as men and women who deserve your existence. Singapore is multi-cultural in nature so theres no place for childish thinking. Filipinos just value work and keeps on improving, its not a problem if they are hired by your local offices and businesses.
Impressive , you are on spot here.. Did you stay or work for a period in Singapore to know our current situation so well ??

Yes, pinoys are now taking higher level jobs not only domestic worker jobs over here in Singapore.. So take up nursing, some work in call centres picking up calls, many work in IT field overseeing hardware and software computer issues in SMEs and govt schools etc.. I used to work in an SME who had a Pinoy as a programmer..

The govt needs to but is refusing to listen to our calls to stop inflow of immigrants , at this rate no surprise at all if our ruling party loses their ruling power and opposition takes over.

All a matter of whether the opposition can find that many candidates to stand for election..

As long as a opposition stands for election , likely he/she can win over the ruling party the PAP.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:13 PM

732 posts, read 779,529 times
^^
No, but I know a number of people working in SG. I also read blogs including the one you posted that tackles abt this situations so I can sense Singaporean sentiments.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
^^
No, but I know a number of people working in SG. I also read blogs including the one you posted that tackles abt this situations so I can sense Singaporean sentiments.
Very impressed with your knowledge about my country..

Ok the Postman, you have got credible
Competition now.. As of you care .. Ha ha just joking

Old 04-19-2014, 07:33 PM

http://therealsingapore.com/content/...s-national-day

As a Singaporean , I feel this way too.. Next are we going to cater to demands of all the nationalities that come here and celebrate their day everytime ?!

So locals say it is ok, then make oct 1, July 4 public holidays over here too then we are ok ...

Old 04-19-2014, 07:43 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
From the comments I've read, the big problem that Singaporeans have with Filipinos is that they won't assimilate "like everybody else" But I know that Filipinos assimilate very well all over the world. Second generation Filipinos in Singapore will think of themselves as more Singaporean and less Filipino. Third-generation Filipinos in Singapore won't even think of themselves as Filipino at all. The problem is, if most Filipinos in Singapore are only supposed to be there temporarily and will never obtain citizenship, then you can expect them to never assimilate; they'll always just be Filipinos. They will always be obnoxious with their Filipino pride and they will have no reason to have pride in being Singaporean.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:46 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,741 times
Just about any major city in the world has a large spectrum of people. Singapore has people of very diverse backgrounds already, and they are accepted, and this is one thing that makes Singapore great. One reason I want to visit Singapore is the food, which is a fusion of different cuisines, and I think the result is better than the sum of the individual contributions.

What's wrong with more holidays?

I have never visited Singapore, so of course my observations are not as accurate in some ways as the feeling of the locals. I realize that.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:52 PM

26 posts, read 72,564 times
I think the insults like scum and vermin are harsh, but the overpopulation issue is valid. There are only a certain amount of resources, and if you keep allowing poor people to come to your country, and not force them to try to improve the conditions in their own country, and because poor people tend have a lot more kids, then eventually, everyone will become poor. We ARE acting opposite to the principles of natural selection. I mean, why is it that useful nations like Japan are having their population die off, and countries like the Phillipines and China have so many kids? Here, check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An29bdpaY70

I agree with the sentiment that we need more good genes babies and less bad genes ones.
I think it's time for all 1st World Countries to issue a demand to all 3rd World Countries that unless you have less kids, we won't accept you anymore. It is not some kind of racism(although I don't know how you can solve racial issues without being racist) or xenophobia, but rather a way to save the planet and for mankind to evolve positively(I'm going to be frank and say, wonder why there are so many ugly people? The simple answer is that not enough attractive people are having kids, and too many unattractive people are having them.)

In addition, ever wonder that your life would be so much easier if you didn't have kids? "Voluntary depopulation" can only be a good thing. And no. no need to worry about extinction, as you can pretty much have kids any time you want.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:54 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,741 times
Wow, np688, I hope you were kidding. What you said is really disturbing.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:58 PM

26 posts, read 72,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
Wow, np688, I hope you were kidding. What you said is really disturbing.
Why is it disturbing(unless you're a Filipino yourself)? Do you help beggars? If you don't, then that's pretty much the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia