U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:41 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,273,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Why not ask the Singapore government why your country serves at America's largest naval base in Asia, why the US has the right to use half of Singapore's airport, and why America's ships can station at Singapore's port without any advanced permission from the Singapore government. the US has deployed all its most advanced weapon is Singapore as well.

Singapore being a small Christian country is surrounded by much larger Islamic nations. Of course it needs the protection of a powerful Christian nation. If Singapore loses such protection, it simply can't exist peacefully and prosperously as it is now.

If you look at history, Singapore has done many things to **** off China. Google Gwadar port. Singapore bid high price for the operation of the port during 2007-2012 so that China couldn't, just to let it idle.

"In September 2011, the Wall Street Journal reported that Gwadar is doing little business as a commercial port, and that Pakistan had asked China to take over the operation. A year later, China confirmed that it would be taking control of Gwadar, which they believe has the potential to serve as an oil pipeline hub for Chinese energy needs."

Singapore did this because it doesn't want China to be able to bypass Malacca strait in shipping the oil from Africa and the mid east. More information:

Gwadar Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trust me, Singapore doesn't consider China as a friend.

I never doubted how our government obviously tries to please and get ino US government's good books
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 07:44 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,273,499 times
^ UK? The UK is not even worth sucking up to... It is a pathetic minion of the US itself. Only some HKers think once belonging to the UK make them somewhat superior.

I am not blaming Singapore here. I am simply stating the fact that Singapore is doing things that benefit itself (rightly), sometimes at the detriment to China, and it is in much cozier relationship with the US than with China.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
^ UK? The UK is not even worth sucking up to... It is a pathetic minion of the US itself. Only some HKers think once belonging to the UK make them somewhat superior.

I am not blaming Singapore here. I am simply stating the fact that Singapore is doing things that benefit itself (rightly), sometimes at the detriment to China, and it is in much cozier relationship with the US than with China.
Ok I am curious where are you from and what is your race ?? White ?

Old 04-20-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:

I like what you say about UK being a pathetic minion of US.. But why does UK need to suck up to US ?? UK can fend for itself.. What benefit does UK Get for sucking up to US ??

Old 04-20-2014, 07:58 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,259,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I like what you say about UK being a pathetic minion of US.. But why does UK need to suck up to US ?? UK can fend for itself.. What benefit does UK Get for sucking up to US ??
In all all out conflict with Russia or China the UK couldn't fend for itself.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:01 PM

Singapore needs to declare public holiday for 4th July...

Old 04-20-2014, 06:12 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,671,358 times
Quote:
Why not ask the Singapore government why your country serves at America's largest naval base in Asia, why the US has the right to use half of Singapore's airport, and why America's ships can station at Singapore's port without any advanced permission from the Singapore government. the US has deployed all its most advanced weapon is Singapore as well.

Singapore being a small Christian country is surrounded by much larger Islamic nations. Of course it needs the protection of a powerful Christian nation. If Singapore loses such protection, it simply can't exist peacefully and prosperously as it is now.

If you look at history, Singapore has done many things to **** off China. Google Gwadar port. Singapore bid high price for the operation of the port during 2007-2012 so that China couldn't, just to let it idle.

"In September 2011, the Wall Street Journal reported that Gwadar is doing little business as a commercial port, and that Pakistan had asked China to take over the operation. A year later, China confirmed that it would be taking control of Gwadar, which they believe has the potential to serve as an oil pipeline hub for Chinese energy needs."

Singapore did this because it doesn't want China to be able to bypass Malacca strait in shipping the oil from Africa and the mid east. More information:

Gwadar Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trust me, Singapore doesn't consider China as a friend.
There are so many inaccuracies in your statement. Singapore is NOT a Christian nation and does not even have a Christian plural majority. I also do not know where the largest naval base in Asia you are talking about. It certainly is not in Singapore and neither is Singapore sending the most troops to any US naval base.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
There are so many inaccuracies in your statement. Singapore is NOT a Christian nation and does not even have a Christian plural majority. I also do not know where the largest naval base in Asia you are talking about. It certainly is not in Singapore and neither is Singapore sending the most troops to any US naval base.
Definitely Singapore does not have a Christian majority, but our military does hold a some sort of joint training or whatever you call it with the US...And US use half of Singapore's airport ? I find that puzzling where this information is from too ?

Old 04-20-2014, 06:23 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,259,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Definitely Singapore does not have a Christian majority, but our military does hold a some sort of joint training or whatever you call it with the US...And US use half of Singapore's airport ? I find that puzzling where this information is from too ?
They also do joint military training here...my mum worked at Pearce Airbase here in Perth and a lot of Singaporean trainee pilots and pilots etc train here.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:18 PM

22,165 posts, read 23,691,169 times
It's sort of a small miracle that the Thai canal never surfaced. Even the modest looking savings around the Malay peninsula would have had meant huge time (and therefore cost) savings cutting through the isthmus which would have earned itself back the capital costs in short time. Had that been done even as late as the 1980s, the results would have been catastrophic for a Singapore that hadn't branched out so much from its port and entrepot services (though even now it would have a very strong effect on Singapore's economy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or