U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2014, 04:39 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,231,639 times
Reputation: 2833

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
I don't think there is one for ALL of Asia. If you were to split it in half or thirds you could find many common in those regions. Its like asking whats the common food representative of all the Americas. Too diverse.
I do agree almost every Asian cuisine, from Lebanese to Japanese to Indonesian at least eats some rice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2014, 05:30 AM
 
Location: Woodbridge, VA
82 posts, read 202,037 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Garlic is also pretty ubiquitous throughout Asia.
mmm garlic
i cannot eat a meal without garlic, it makes a dish perfect.

it's from west asia no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2014, 05:35 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,231,639 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susu Enrico View Post
mmm garlic
i cannot eat a meal without garlic, it makes a dish perfect.

it's from west asia no?
It seems so, yes, and central Asia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 05:22 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, California
1,953 posts, read 5,202,766 times
Reputation: 2294
Taro is very common in asia

http://www.seriouseats.com/images/20...asian2-500.jpg

Last edited by mr bolo; 04-25-2014 at 05:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Western Oregon
1,379 posts, read 1,274,366 times
Reputation: 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Biiiiig prawns?
I dunno, there are some landlocked Asian countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Western Oregon
1,379 posts, read 1,274,366 times
Reputation: 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I do agree almost every Asian cuisine, from Lebanese to Japanese to Indonesian at least eats some rice.
This is true. Almost all countries in the world have rice dishes. Here in the USA many people don't care for rice, and I think those people have never had good rice.

Almost everyone who's had basmati rice, cooked right, loves it. But not all. One rice that I think you can't go wrong with is Thai jasmine rice.

Worldwide there are more than 40,000 varieties of rice.
List of rice varieties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,231,639 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
This is true. Almost all countries in the world have rice dishes. Here in the USA many people don't care for rice, and I think those people have never had good rice.

Almost everyone who's had basmati rice, cooked right, loves it. But not all. One rice that I think you can't go wrong with is Thai jasmine rice.

Worldwide there are more than 40,000 varieties of rice.
List of rice varieties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most European countries don't really, although even the English have rice pudding. Italians have their risotto, Spaniards their paella. I can't think of any German or northern European rice dishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Western Oregon
1,379 posts, read 1,274,366 times
Reputation: 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Most European countries don't really, although even the English have rice pudding. Italians have their risotto, Spaniards their paella. I can't think of any German or northern European rice dishes.
Yeah, that's just a few countries. I didn't say all. But almost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,846,437 times
Reputation: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Most European countries don't really, although even the English have rice pudding. Italians have their risotto, Spaniards their paella. I can't think of any German or northern European rice dishes.
Portuguese love rice. They always serve a little rice in restaurants along with potatoes. My Mother in law cooks rice almost every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2014, 09:21 AM
 
1,116 posts, read 586,677 times
Reputation: 274
Noodles and soy sauce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top