Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the one with the greater influence on Asia as a whole?
China 86 87.76%
India 6 6.12%
Both equally so. 6 6.12%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:36 PM

613 posts, read 1,168,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Assamese, Nagas, Manipuris.etc are more akin to East Asians than other Indians.
Culturally or "racially"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 08:40 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,546,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
So Mistertee, some months back you claimed that you were an Indian Jew during some debate with a Pakistani guy(mintgum84?), recently you have stated that you were half Indian/half Jewish, you sure as hell don't talk like any Jew or Indian that I know(and I know plenty! Giving your stamp of approval to someone who collaborated with the Nazis was particularly rich), and you are also doing a fair share of talking out of your ass.

Something tells me that you're full of ****, lol.

What's your point I am of Jewish blood. I guess you don't really understand how Judaism works, do you? So why I would give a **** about the Nazis again? It didn't affect me personally. It's an issue that occurred in the past and its debatable just like anything else. My family didn't leave Kerala, just to live in Israel in 1948. They stayed in the land that treated them with respect and made sure no harm was done to them. I could care less who you know or who you talk to. How do Jews and Indians talk, if you're such an authority? You don't see me researching you past posts do you? Just because you don't like the truth or you feel inferior for whatever reason, don't take it out on me and make it personal.

I guess you can't back up your BULL****. I did with facts. Try that next time. You're the type who gets brainwashed by the media says. You never dig into facts.

What happened to all the points I made on your BS on colonialism? I 'll give you a simple point for you to think about. America used NAZI scientists to aid their missile and rocket programs, just like the UK and USSR. Does that make them any worse than Netaji?

Last edited by Mistertee; 05-07-2014 at 09:05 PM..

Old 05-07-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markovian process View Post

Assam is slightly different to me. It seemed there was intermingling between South Asians and Southeast Asians in that population. But the rest of the Northeast is racially Southeast.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:44 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,546,576 times
My opinion is that the language will give you a more accurate judgement than the race. Language is part of culture.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:52 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovian process View Post
Mostly physically, but also in some ways culturally, like there are some members of the Sino-Tibetan and Austro-Asiatic languages there.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:53 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
This is how the Naga people look:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=n...e=off&tbm=isch

Old 05-07-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

The original head hunters in case you didn't know!

Old 05-07-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
The original head hunters in case you didn't know!
Up 'til around 1900, more or less depending on what part of Nagaland. I have a Naga head hunter shawl, not kidding. It is a ceremonial shawl given to men after they chopped their first head. It's no longer the same culture, far removed now, but they kept on making the shawls by tradition and I have one of those given to me by a Naga friend who was a student at the Christian seminary where my dad was a professor. It's red-dyed wool, with black and white stripes on it, and black latex art on the white stripes. The figures are spears and bull heads. I treasure this shawl. Naga people are in my roots from since I was born.

Last edited by WoodstockSchool1980; 05-07-2014 at 09:22 PM..

Old 05-07-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
Up 'til around 1900, more or less depending on what part of Nagaland. I have a Naga head hunter shawl, not kidding. It is a ceremonial shawl given to men after they chopped their first head. It's no longer the same culture, far removed now, but they kept on making the shawls by tradition and I have one of those given to me by a Naga friend who was a student at the Christian seminary where my dad was a professor. It's red-dyed wool, with black and white stripes on it, and black latex art on the white stripes. The figures are spears and bull heads. I treasure this shawl. Naga people are in my roots from since I was born.

Holy ****! I got a shawl just like that but I left it back in India. My good friend (Naga) gave it to me. You are very lucky to be related to such ppl. I admire the culture and pride I saw. My honest opinion.....the ppl of the Northeast were pretty progressive and forward thinking. At least the folks I encountered in Bangalore. Its damn shame how some get shabby treatment in Delhi. Hopefully, the Northeast is given more space in textbooks so, the rest of India can be educated better on their history.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Holy ****! I got a shawl just like that but I left it back in India. My good friend (Naga) gave it to me. You are very lucky to be related to such ppl. I admire the culture and pride I saw. My honest opinion.....the ppl of the Northeast were pretty progressive and forward thinking. At least the folks I encountered in Bangalore. Its damn shame how some get shabby treatment in Delhi. Hopefully, the Northeast is given more space in textbooks so, the rest of India can be educated better on their history.
Yeah! I have Thangkul and Angami shawls too, and Assamese eri.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia