U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 12:15 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,669,994 times

Advertisements

A matter of cultural differences in some ways. Slurping food, especially noodles, is common even in Japan. It's to indicate your food is good, especially to your host if someone is treating you. Drunk men berating women? I do not know as I do not understand Korean. But someone told me it was common for Korean wives to make a big fuss when their husbands go home drunk past midnight so their neighbors can HEAR them. Apparently, going home late drunk is an indication that the husband is important in the company that he has to work and entertain guests that up to very late. After doing business with a few Korean women though, they are tough! They do not need protection from me, I need protection from them... LOL...

Old 05-05-2014, 12:15 AM

143 posts, read 152,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
You guys are talking about outliers that are not indicative of the collective view / opinion of society.

Now, you are splitting hairs...

Old 05-05-2014, 12:17 AM

143 posts, read 152,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Both spitting and eating loudly are traits found in Vietnam.
...and Chinese and Japanese .. have you ever heard them eating their noodles.. It drives me insane.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:18 AM

675 posts, read 441,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPKS View Post
Now, you are splitting hairs...
Not really. Pretty widely known and accepted that Korean parents frown upon interracial relationships.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:18 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,248,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
A matter of cultural differences in some ways. Slurping food, especially noodles, is common even in Japan. It's to indicate your food is good, especially to your host if someone is treating you. Drunk men berating women? I do not know as I do not understand Korean. But someone told me it was common for Korean wives to make a big fuss when their husbands go home drunk past midnight so their neighbors can HEAR them. Apparently, going home late drunk is an indication that the husband is important in the company that he has to work and entertain guests that up to very late. After doing business with a few Korean women though, they are tough! They do not need protection from me, I need protection from them... LOL...
A Korean woman once said, 'Chinese women are fierce on the outside, but soft on the inside. Korean women might appear soft on the outside but are tough on the inside.' Although plenty of Korean women seem just tough/fierce all round lol.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPKS View Post
...and Chinese and Japanese .. have you ever heard them eating their noodles.. It drives me insane.
Yes, I've heard all three slurping their noodles...Japanese a bit less so in mixed company at least.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Not really. Pretty widely known and accepted that Korean parents frown upon interracial relationships.
That's hardly unique. I'm sure it's the case in many nationalities.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:22 AM

3,518 posts, read 5,460,696 times
Quote:
Both spitting and eating loudly are traits found in Vietnam.
I think its just something common to all countries that have a lot of historical and cultural influence from China.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:23 AM

675 posts, read 441,815 times
Quote:
That's hardly unique. I'm sure it's the case in many nationalities.
Might be, doesn't change the fact. Just another negative of many with regards to Korea.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Might be, doesn't change the fact. Just another negative of many with regards to Korea.
Well are you planning on dating a Korean girl? Why not try the Philippines, then, I hear they are more open to that type of thing...of course marriage is generally preferred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or