U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 12:49 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,241,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Ha Ha.. White men do in a sense get preferential treatment here in Singapore...

Colours matters....
Yeah for shame...

Old 05-05-2014, 12:50 AM

675 posts, read 441,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
So you mean no then?
Yes I am White.

Hell no about Korean women flocking over Foreigners.

It's a negative on a whole.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
Yes I am White.

Hell no about Korean women flocking over Foreigners.

It's a negative on a whole.
Ah yes of course.

Well I guess the language/cultural barrier always plays some role.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Ah yes of course.

Well I guess the language/cultural barrier always plays some role.
Language not really. Pretty much all young people in the main cities can speak plausible English. Which is expected from the thousands of hours and money spent learning English from Elementary all the way through University.

Has something to do with the culture and upbringing.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Language not really. Pretty much all young people in the main cities can speak plausible English. Which is expected from the thousands of hours and money spent learning English from Elementary all the way through University.

Has something to do with the culture and upbringing.
Still, there seems to be a fair number of intermarriages, although maybe it's just what you see on youtube.

K-pop and K-dramas are probably furthering this trend...

Old 05-05-2014, 01:22 AM

7 posts, read 9,586 times
Japanese now start to like South Korea more than before due to the Korean Wave.
Chinese for the most don't hate the Koreans much, China and Korea have a common dislike of Japan. China used to be Korea's ally and succesfully helped Korea from a Japanese invasion. Now Chinese youths like Korea due to the Korean Wave.
China is disliked by Japanese and Korean but the anti sentiment is much more mild than the anti-Japanese sentiment in China and Korea.
Quote:
Seems China, Korea, and Japan all dislike each other. All my Korean students hated Japan and referred to them as monkeys lol I trolled them by saying my gf was Japanese.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:29 AM

Only Japan does not have a prevalent spitting habit. Most of Asia has the spitting habit.
One can see pretty looking ladies with the horrible lough spitting noise and spitting in many Asian countries.
In Taiwan, middle age and old men like chewing betel nuts and spitting them like blood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPKS View Post
^^^ can't blame it all to China. IMHO, It is the lack of education and self awareness. I am seeing my Western friends/co-workers who have bad tobaco chewing habits. They spitted in the trash can and on the ground where we work. So it is not just the Asians, per se.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:33 AM

I don't think a typical Korean woman in Korea know much about women of another countries.
Korean women are known to be mad easily.
Japanese people usually managed to control their temper to avoid embrassment.
Quote:
A Korean woman once said, 'Chinese women are fierce on the outside, but soft on the inside. Korean women might appear soft on the outside but are tough on the inside.' Although plenty of Korean women seem just tough/fierce all round lol.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:42 AM

You could have heard about the negative sides of South Korea before you arrived. I have known some negative sides of the country before I visited it, and was prepared for that.

You can work somewhere else if you don't like it, South Korea's wage is not high compared with many other developed countries.

The reason South Koreans are materialistic is they are not rich by developed countries standard.
I don't think they is anything wrong with people caring much about looks.

About racism, there are racism in many countries, western countries are no less racist than Korea.

Quote:
If it wasn't for the money and convenience I would not live here.

Additionally, Korea is one of the most vain and materialistic countries i've come across. The only thing people care about are looks and money. I kid you not, women have to spend at least half the day looking at themselves in a mirror.

Korea is also quite racist. Xenophobic and homogenous describes them quite well. People on a whole are simply not very friendly or helping to outsiders. Hell I am not even sure they help themselves. Can't tell you how many times i've been on the subway and some drunk Korean man is harassing women and not one person confronts him and tells him to stop. I have to get up and tell the joker to stop in my broken Korean, maybe throw in some swear words to show him I am not kidding.

They also have a distinct lack of manners. They spit all over the place and make a ton of noise when they eat. People cut in front of you in lines, cut you off going through doors, do not give way when walking on the side walk.

I am sure I am missing stuff, but really, Korea is a ville country imo.

Not to completely trash Korea, I will conclude with some things I like

Great transportation system & Good food

Thank God for vacations to South East Asia and Latin America!

Old 05-05-2014, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adedsa View Post
You could have heard about the negative sides of South Korea before you arrived. I have known some negative sides of the country before I visited it, and was prepared for that.

You can work somewhere else if you don't like it, South Korea's wage is not high compared with many other developed countries.

The reason South Koreans are materialistic is they are not rich by developed countries standard.
I don't think they is anything wrong with people caring much about looks.

About racism, there are racism in many countries, western countries are no less racist than Korea.
I knew about Korea before I got there. Like I said I am there for money. Everything else is secondary.

While the wage is not high, the cost of living is very low. I get a free apartment, no car payments or insurance. I can save 75% of my entire paycheck each month. Easily can live off 400-500 usd a month.

I could care less why they are materialistic.

Most people think there is very much something wrong with people obsessing over looks and putting it at the top of the most importance list.

Shallow would be the word for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or