U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 06:02 PM

6,726 posts, read 6,612,834 times

Advertisements

Being loud in restaurants is common in most Asian countries.
Restaurants in those countries are like bars and pubs in the west. People go there to have fun.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:39 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,890,744 times
You're only there for the money, so i suspect you're not doing something right in your own country, thus having to move somewhere you don't like. This sounds like an epic failure on your part .

Old 05-05-2014, 08:43 PM

675 posts, read 442,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
You're only there for the money, so i suspect you're not doing something right in your own country, thus having to move somewhere you don't like. This sounds like an epic failure on your part .
Not quite. I am there for the travel opportunities primarily, I merely picked Korea over the other Asian countries as the pay is significantly better.

Been traveling the world since I graduated in 2009. Visited half of Latin America and after this year will cross off the rest of Asia.

My life is anything but a failure. lol In two years I will have accomplished my biggest goal / dream.

Last edited by medellinheel; 05-05-2014 at 08:52 PM..

Old 05-05-2014, 08:59 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
Not quite. I am there for the travel opportunities primarily, I merely picked Korea over the other Asian countries as the pay is significantly better.

Been traveling the world since I graduated in 2009. Visited half of Latin America and after this year will cross off the rest of Asia.

My life is anything but a failure. lol In two years I will have accomplished my biggest goal / dream.
so now you're saying for the travels...but shouldn't it be the money like you originally mentioned...so you don't really hate it enough to stay, but think it is vile. so why not move along to the next country instead of returning again since traveling is your thing...surely there are other countries to see...no need to return to Korea unless you already finished traveling the world and going on a 2nd stint...i smell something and it stinks like a troll...lol

Old 05-05-2014, 09:08 PM

183 posts, read 210,318 times
Actually nobody really cares what this hippie does. I just feel sorry for the parents of the kids who will pay for a guy who proudly says he trolls them and uses them to make money to travel to developing countries to meet women.
Now that is so classy and not shallow at all.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
so now you're saying for the travels...but shouldn't it be the money like you originally mentioned...so you don't really hate it enough to stay, but think it is vile. so why not move along to the next country instead of returning again since traveling is your thing...surely there are other countries to see...no need to return to Korea unless you already finished traveling the world and going on a 2nd stint...i smell something and it stinks like a troll...lol
This isnt complicated.

Primary reason - travel (Asian region)

Secondary reason - money (Korea)

Dont really hate it enough to stay.... Dont you mean leave? lol

I am gonna be going to many countries this year. If I picked to live/work in a different one I would have to sacrifice some countries. More money & countries (Korea) > Less money & countries (X Asian country).

Starting from August to next August I will be visiting

Indonesia
Japan
China
Philippines x 2
Dominican Republic
Colombia

In short I don't hate Korea enough to sacrifice my plans for this upcoming year. After this year I will have explored all of Asia and will cross it off my "to do" list and will bid Korea a final farewell. And besides most of my criticisms can be somewhat negated by simply hanging out with primarily non Koreans. European Exchange Students and Southeast Asian factory workers make living here much more bearable.

But yes I am a trolls.

Last edited by medellinheel; 05-05-2014 at 09:24 PM..

Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 PM
JL

Quote:
This isnt complicated.

Primary reason - travel (Asian region)

Secondary reason - money (Korea)

Dont really hate it enough to stay.... Dont you mean leave? lol

I am gonna be going to many countries this year. If I picked to live/work in a different one I would have to sacrifice some countries. More money & countries (Korea) > Less money & countries (X Asian country).

Starting from August to next August I will be visiting

Indonesia
Japan
China
Philippines x 2
Dominican Republic
Colombia

In short I don't hate Korea enough to sacrifice my plans for this upcoming year. After this year I will have explored all of Asia and will cross it off my "to do" list and will bid Korea a final farewell. And besides most of my criticisms can be somewhat negated by simply hanging out with primarily non Koreans. European Exchange Students and Southeast Asian factory workers make living here much more bearable.

But yes I am a trolls.
You posted a entire rant about how vile the country is to live, etc., and now you say if it wasn't for the money and want to return.....very odd trolling....and you are teaching english to people in a country you don't like.... i find it hard to believe even if the money was good in korea...i'm not sure i believe your story. i'm gonna post this thread to some americans teaching english in korea and see if they can figure out who you are or if you're really teaching english at all. you better hope they don't recognize your writing...cause if they do, you definitely will bid korea farewell!

Old 05-05-2014, 09:39 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiva View Post
I think he is somebody who regularly posts here, under a pseudonym.
If not, a 28 year old North Carolina guy who taught at Avalon Suwon last year should not be too hard to find.
He could've made it up too. People can say they taught with the EPIK program in Busan or Seoul...how the hell would anyone know for sure. I just find it hard to believe someone who doesn't like a country willing to go back even if there is more money unless he can't find a job in N.Carolina and just doing nothing there...better to be in a country you hate with money than home alone with parents in N.C i guess...lol

Old 05-05-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
You posted a entire rant about how vile the country is to live, etc., and now you say if it wasn't for the money and want to return.....very odd trolling....and you are teaching english to people in a country you don't like.... i find it hard to believe even if the money was good in korea...i'm not sure i believe your story. i'm gonna post this thread to some americans teaching english in korea and see if they can figure out who you are or if you're really teaching english at all. you better hope they don't recognize your writing...cause if they do, you definitely will bid korea farewell!
Someone is butt hurt haha

My rant was about the society / people, not necessarily the livability of the country. Korea is actually very livable. Great transportation system, lots of disposable income, not expensive, good food, delivery service for everything, etc.

I am in the USA right now. Going back in June or July.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:47 PM
JL

Quote:
Someone is butt hurt haha

My rant was about the society / people, not necessarily the livability of the country. Korea is actually very livable. Great transportation system, lots of disposable income, not expensive, good food, delivery service for everything, etc.

I am in the USA right now. Going back in June or July.
lol...your fish story is lol...granted i believe you have visited korea, but i don't believe you're a teacher.

Quote:
No. I travel mainly for awesome / famous landmarks (great wall in China for example), party, and women. Singapore does not tick any of those boxes that I know of.
this doesn't sound like a teacher to me. sensible teachers would research the country before going...you sound like a 10yr old. you obviously didn't research singapore about parties and women either.

Last edited by JL; 05-05-2014 at 09:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or