U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 12:14 AM

9,790 posts, read 13,391,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
So is it true or not?
The China boosters here are a weird bunch; they seem to be OK with talking about China's problems among one another or someone who's sympathetic to China, but as soon as someone who's not Chinese weighs in with the same opinion, they go on the offensive.

CD China Booster 1:"China is still a developing nation and it has all the same problems as any other developing nation. There are problems with the water and air, pollution is rampant and food poisoning is a problem."
CD China Booster 2: "Yes, you are correct. China needs to tackle these issues before it can progress to its full potential and enter the strata of European and American nations."
Other CD Poster: "Yeah, it sounds like China has a lot of issues with pollution and food safety. I hope they get their act together."
CDCB1: "Oh, it sounds bad there? Yeah, well, America was just as polluted when it was developing. It's still the most polluting country on the face of the planet, and you're infinitely more likely to get shot in America than die in China from food poisoning."
CDCB2: "So you 'heard' that it's bad in China and read a few articles on CNN and now you think you have the right to talk down about China? China's infrastructure is better than the US' or even most cities in Europe. London and NYC look like big dumps compared to Shanghai, even small Chinese cities have better infrastructure than the finest Western cities."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 01:34 AM

6,790 posts, read 5,152,129 times
^Lol so realistic and honest.I wish I could give you a reputation now.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:23 AM

1,434 posts, read 2,123,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
So is it true or not?

It is true. You can search for articles on the net. Plus, the Chinese reporter who broke the news was murdered afterwards. Coincidence?

Old 05-26-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
The China boosters here are a weird bunch; they seem to be OK with talking about China's problems among one another or someone who's sympathetic to China, but as soon as someone who's not Chinese weighs in with the same opinion, they go on the offensive.

CD China Booster 1:"China is still a developing nation and it has all the same problems as any other developing nation. There are problems with the water and air, pollution is rampant and food poisoning is a problem."
CD China Booster 2: "Yes, you are correct. China needs to tackle these issues before it can progress to its full potential and enter the strata of European and American nations."
Other CD Poster: "Yeah, it sounds like China has a lot of issues with pollution and food safety. I hope they get their act together."
CDCB1: "Oh, it sounds bad there? Yeah, well, America was just as polluted when it was developing. It's still the most polluting country on the face of the planet, and you're infinitely more likely to get shot in America than die in China from food poisoning."
CDCB2: "So you 'heard' that it's bad in China and read a few articles on CNN and now you think you have the right to talk down about China? China's infrastructure is better than the US' or even most cities in Europe. London and NYC look like big dumps compared to Shanghai, even small Chinese cities have better infrastructure than the finest Western cities."

Dude, what you stated is a common theme in any forum on the net involving discussions on China. Don't believe me? Look into it. I call them "Chinese Bots" or " "Chinese cyber warriors".....it seems China and some other countries like Israel are patrolling the web to deflect any negativity involvng heir interests.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:47 PM

9,790 posts, read 13,391,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Dude, what you stated is a common theme in any forum on the net involving discussions on China. Don't believe me? Look into it. I call them "Chinese Bots" or " "Chinese cyber warriors".....it seems China and some other countries like Israel are patrolling the web to deflect any negativity involvng heir interests.
I just don't understand what they think they achieve by posting lies, misinformation, insults, arrogance, open hypocrisy, racism, and generally juvenile behavior in the name of a country that to be frank they seem to only know from history books and op-eds from the global times.

It's even more sad to me as someone who actually lives in China (anyone who cares can check my IP), lives among and works with Chinese people and who wakes up and goes to sleep in China every night to see this sort of profoundly misrepresentative angst applied to one of my favorite places, even if they think they're doing it with their best intentions.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I just don't understand what they think they achieve by posting lies, misinformation, insults, arrogance, open hypocrisy, racism, and generally juvenile behavior in the name of a country that to be frank they seem to only know from history books and op-eds from the global times.

It's even more sad to me as someone who actually lives in China (anyone who cares can check my IP), lives among and works with Chinese people and who wakes up and goes to sleep in China every night to see this sort of profoundly misrepresentative angst applied to one of my favorite places, even if they think they're doing it with their best intentions.

I agree. Every single country on this planet is not perfect. We all have problems. I wish we could all work together. Our gov't's seem more interested in continous conflict than maintaining peace and growth.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:19 AM

6,790 posts, read 5,152,129 times
Quote:

The worst part is that they don't think they have been posting lies and misinformation.Instead they think we all believe in the "lies and misinformation" from Western sources,and we are all so brainwashed.

And have you noticed that once other posters dig deeper into the events or post something about activists or reporters were arrested,they suddenly became all silent?

Old 05-29-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
The worst part is that they don't think they have been posting lies and misinformation.Instead they think we all believe in the "lies and misinformation" from Western sources,and we are all so brainwashed.

And have you noticed that once other posters dig deeper into the events or post something about activists or reporters were arrested,they suddenly became all silent?

Yup I noticed it numerous times. I mean let's be realistic. Most of the world is still developing. There is no shame in that. Instead, of constantly defending a country's image, lets re focus on what can changed to make it better. I have seen how Western media can be demeaning and quick to throw Asian and other developing countries under the bus, but we shouldn't be bothered by it. We know its just a matter of time before we come up! Also, if the media rakes up an issue, then there is a chance its a serious issue that should be looked into. Instead of following that same train of thought, we should be following our cultural wisdom which has been in play long before Europe was even a civilization!

China has always been a leader in the region for 1000's of years. But what we forget is that China was able to be a just and somewhat fair neighbor most of them time. The constant saber rattling, jingoism, etc is not helping China's rise. Its steering neighbors away and the sad thing, its easy to correct, if there is the will to do so. But the gap in mistrust is widening day by day, pretty soon no matter China does it won't have the chance to mend such relations 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or