U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 04:18 PM

391 posts, read 572,230 times

Advertisements

Which place would you recommend to spend a months vacation (or more)? Hua Hin, Thailand or Nha Trang, Vietnam?

The reason for picking these two are because both of them have pretty good weather, even though the rest of south east asia is affected by rainy season.

Which place has/is:

- Cheaper?
- More things to do?
- Higher standard (in general)?
- Women (better looking, ease of getting in bed, cost etc)

If you have any suggestions I am open to those as well. I know Bali is good this time of the year as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 05:20 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,228,213 times
Just curious, why are you choosing either of these for MONTHS? That's a long time for a vacation in one spot.

Can't speak for Hua Hin, I know the King of Thailand has a place there, but I have been to Nha Trang.

Nha Trang is no doubt cheaper. I stayed in a very nice hotel (Ha Van) for $15 a night.

Things to do? The beach is okay, nothing that special, you can go swimming, snorkelling, jet-skiing, scuba-diving, taking cheap boat tours, but the water is kind of murky and the reefs aren't that good. There is an island with lots of monkeys, Po Nagar, a market. Take a cyclo ride to the surrounding countryside and see how the village people live there...other than that it's just like any other Vietnamese city. I was there like 3 nights and it was long enough for me.

Higher standard? In what sense? Nha trang is no premium beach resort IMO though.

Ease of getting into bed? Like having a quick no-strings attached fling? Well there are prostitutes, but most Vietnamese and average Thai girls don't go sleeping around like that. And if you do meet one that seems keen, you might find yourself paying for it (literally) at the end of the night.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:59 PM

6,185 posts, read 6,355,356 times
More of this picking up women in foreign countries. Is everyone on here a 007 or something?

Old 05-07-2014, 06:15 AM

949 posts, read 610,845 times
You will not find what you are looking for in Nha Trang if you are looking for a long-term luxury, hedonistic beach scene.

But if you choose to go, I suggest instead of wasting your time in trying to exploit the women, you apply that energy to obtaining a more meaningful interaction with the locals - if you choose to interact with the locals at all - beyond the confines of your hotel and stereotypical tourist scene.

Patronize restaurants/businesses affiliated with local charities seeking to help the poor, disadvantaged, abused, and orphaned. Visit one of the numerous nearby orphanages, mostly run by Catholic/Buddhist nuns or kind-hearted locals. They would love any offer of food, clothing, aid.

Really, the objectification and disrespect shown to all Asian women in this forum is appalling.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:21 AM

328 posts, read 476,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svedski View Post
Which place would you recommend to spend a months vacation (or more)? Hua Hin, Thailand or Nha Trang, Vietnam?

The reason for picking these two are because both of them have pretty good weather, even though the rest of south east asia is affected by rainy season.

Which place has/is:

- Cheaper?
- More things to do?
- Higher standard (in general)?
- Women (better looking, ease of getting in bed, cost etc)

If you have any suggestions I am open to those as well. I know Bali is good this time of the year as well.

If this is a main consideration, you are better off in Pattaya.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasva69 View Post
If this is a main consideration, you are better off in Pattaya.
Yep...not that I'm encouraging sex tourism, but if that's what you really want, don't waste your time and head straight for the honeypot.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
You will not find what you are looking for in Nha Trang if you are looking for a long-term luxury, hedonistic beach scene.

But if you choose to go, I suggest instead of wasting your time in trying to exploit the women, you apply that energy to obtaining a more meaningful interaction with the locals - if you choose to interact with the locals at all - beyond the confines of your hotel and stereotypical tourist scene.

Patronize restaurants/businesses affiliated with local charities seeking to help the poor, disadvantaged, abused, and orphaned. Visit one of the numerous nearby orphanages, mostly run by Catholic/Buddhist nuns or kind-hearted locals. They would love any offer of food, clothing, aid.

Really, the objectification and disrespect shown to all Asian women in this forum is appalling.
Agreed. I remember my cyclo driver taking me to an orphanage run by nuns in Nha trang and I gave them a donation.

It seems almost every post asking about countries references the women...

Old 05-08-2014, 02:29 PM

391 posts, read 572,230 times
Thanks for the answers everyone.

Yeah I hear Pattaya is good but I'm a bit afraid of HIV (especially if you stay long, the risk is going to be greater) and second of all it has no beach (at least not a good one).

I don't care about paying for the women since they're so cheap anyways (like $20 a night).

I think I'm just gonna go with Hua Hin. Everyone seems to think Nha Trang sucks...and while I'm in Hua Hin, I'm also not too far away from either Bangkok or Pattaya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or