U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 06:44 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,274,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
My goodness. I think some of the other posters views are extreme. We live within a global economy. People from all over the world who work in international companies are assigned and reassigned to places far from their homeland. Just because one foreign worker is bad news doesn't mean all foreign workers are bad. When I worked in Ohio one of our vice presidents was a Singaporean.

I think the anti Caucasian sentiments expressed are nonsense. I'm a white guy married to a Singapore citizen. I spend part of the year living in Yew Tee. I've never experienced the kind of negativity expressed by one of the other posters.
So are you saying Anton Casey is a made up story ? Anyway the moral of the story is.. Don't give locals a reason to bash online.

If you are ok, we will be ok too.. ANton CAsey got into trouble cos if his reckless and bashing comments

Old 05-10-2014, 07:24 PM

Road rage driver Mark Franklin apologises to all Singaporeans | The Real Singapore

Another ang moh who gotten hate here ..our government the PAP like to say these are isolated cases..

However , if it didn't involve a foreigner, I dont see how this would have made it to the Internet ..

Old 05-11-2014, 12:18 AM

'Singapore: First World Economy, First World Costs, Third World Everything Else'-img_0121.png

'Singapore: First World Economy, First World Costs, Third World Everything Else'-img_0120.png

'Singapore: First World Economy, First World Costs, Third World Everything Else'-img_0125.png

'Singapore: First World Economy, First World Costs, Third World Everything Else'-img_0126.png

'Singapore: First World Economy, First World Costs, Third World Everything Else'-img_0127.png

I will let the netizens tell you if there is any hate towards ang mohs in Singapore.

Last edited by singaporelady; 05-11-2014 at 12:52 AM..

Old 05-11-2014, 07:02 PM

Click to read full article

Singapore

Extracted from the article

There is anecdotal evidence that the increasing hostility is driving some foreigners away. This writer experienced unpleasant racism in the workplace during the three years he spent working at a major media company in Singapore, and several fellow expats have cited it as a reason for leaving the country.

One Briton said he did not want his son growing up in such a poisonous atmosphere, a German friend compares Singapore with Nazi Germany, and a Dutch friend was driven to leave after a woman in a supermarket told his pregnant Thai wife to abort their “***** child” because it “would not be welcome in Singapore.”

The Dutchman, a 37-year-old who works in IT and relocated to Bangkok last year, said he was also set upon on three separate occasions by local youths shouting racial slurs and things like “go home to your own country” and other unpleasant epithets. Each time, he said, police refused to investigate, saying he must have been involved in a drunken altercation and should leave it at that.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:11 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,269,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Click to read full article

Singapore

Extracted from the article

There is anecdotal evidence that the increasing hostility is driving some foreigners away. This writer experienced unpleasant racism in the workplace during the three years he spent working at a major media company in Singapore, and several fellow expats have cited it as a reason for leaving the country.

One Briton said he did not want his son growing up in such a poisonous atmosphere, a German friend compares Singapore with Nazi Germany, and a Dutch friend was driven to leave after a woman in a supermarket told his pregnant Thai wife to abort their “***** child” because it “would not be welcome in Singapore.”

The Dutchman, a 37-year-old who works in IT and relocated to Bangkok last year, said he was also set upon on three separate occasions by local youths shouting racial slurs and things like “go home to your own country” and other unpleasant epithets. Each time, he said, police refused to investigate, saying he must have been involved in a drunken altercation and should leave it at that.
Wow that's ugly from S'pore...

Old 05-11-2014, 08:36 PM

45 posts, read 88,738 times
If you is dislike Singapore you can try Thailand, especially if you are Han Chinese or Northeast Asian, because majority of Thai people are from China and very comfortable with Chinese people because we are of same blood.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Wow that's ugly from S'pore...
Now then you know arh ?

Old 05-12-2014, 11:50 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,269,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Now then you know arh ?
Aiyoh, why like that one? I very Alamak Auntie...

Old 05-12-2014, 11:53 PM

today public holiday over here

Old 08-05-2014, 09:04 PM

1,023 posts, read 899,592 times
OMG singaporelady, you're painting a bad name for Singapore for foreigners who wants to live/work here. You seem to belong to "everything else". Cannot like that leh!

Singapore is a highly globalized city state. Technology, logistics, financial, services...name it, Singapore has it. Singapore does not have domestic market and there is no way to rely on domestic consumption. They need to export their goods and services, they need to expand their economy to keep the economy afloat. Singapore economy heavily relies to global economy.

The bottomline is, Singapore is for ambitous businessmen, traders and top-notch professionals. Everybody else, whether foreigners or citizens are just merely workers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia