U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which seems more developed to you?
South Korea 15 68.18%
Taiwan 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 05:49 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,119,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipoceanguy View Post
Taiwan seems to have a mild economic problem like that of Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain in recent years. Economic growth rates in South Korea, Mainland China and Eastern Europe are higher than Taiwan and Southern Europe.
I'm inspired

Let's consider East Asia as Europe nowadays....

China is like Russia,of course with a much stronger economy.

Japan is like the UK,both are islands nations and both are strong allies with the US

South Korea is like Germany,of course with a smaller economy size,but both nations have such stability that keep creating miracles.The difference is that Korea isn't trying to help cleaning other Asian countries' asses like Germany.

Singapore is like Switzerland,Austria,or Netherlands,Luxembourg,just with a dictatorship and a much poorer human rights.But they are all incredibly rich and wealthy.

North Korea is like an even more isolated Belarus.

Taiwan is like Spain or Italy in terms of economy,not as flopped as Greece or Portugal,but it's totally going backwards.Politically,Taiwan is Asia's Ukraine,lol.This isn't something I suddenly make up out of nowhere.
For Taiwan's Embattled President, Awkward Similarities With Ukraine's Ousted Leader - Businessweek
"After the events in Ukraine over the past month, the news from Taiwan feels eerily familiar. The turmoil takes place in a small country that has spent years living uncomfortably in the shadow of a major power—one with ambitions to recover territory lost during a humiliating period of weakness. The small country has a weak economy, and the government decides to push through a controversial deal to tie the small country’s prospects closer to its powerful neighbor. That move sparks outrage against the unpopular president, who has already faced criticism after the jailing of a popular opposition leader on corruption charges. The protests grow, turning violent as the embattled president orders security forces to break up the demonstrations."

Lol,how surprisingly similar and pathetic.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:56 AM

451 posts, read 1,079,365 times
If you had asked this 10-15 years ago, I would have said Taiwan was more developed than South Korea. I think now South Korea is a little more developed than Taiwan. I personally do not believe Taiwan has fallen backwards, but rather has in recent years developed slower than South Korea. I think part of the reasons relate to Taiwan having half the population of South Korea, Taiwan's complicated relations with China, many nations and international organizations not recognizing Taiwan (I am not making a political statement-as I am Taiwanese-American and support Taiwanese sovereignty- but that is for another discussion), and Taiwanese companies being smaller- Taiwan does not have the "chaebols" like South Korea has e.g., Samsung, Hyundai. These companies have become global. Taiwanese companies are smaller and they are more known for making components rather than the finished, final product (for the most part). However, this is not to say that Taiwan is not a developed country/economy. Taiwan is a developed country/economy. This is just my opinion.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,393 times
Korea is the best country to live. I am living in UK London at the moment. Compare to London, Korea is much faster and Koreans are cleverer. Westerns do not have any flexibility and they are normally very stupid.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:22 AM

I'm actually very surprised that Taiwan isn't that far behind in this poll,lol.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:44 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,238,353 times
Weird it went from 1 to 7 to 7 to 12.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:56 AM

^Yeah that's what I meant lol.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:59 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,238,353 times
I think a lot of people don't realise Taiwan is first world now...especially since it's not a place a lot of ppl visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or