U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 01:17 AM

164 posts, read 219,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPKS View Post
I have a close Chinese friend. She shares with me an interesting observation which it is kind of stick to me over the years:

The Chinese has a weakness in group collaboration comparing to the Japanese (and now Koreans). Collective strength is their weakness that is why Japanese dominated them over the last centuries.

She said individually a Chinease can be a proud dragon (smart and articulate), but you put a group of Chinese together in a group to share ideas, they are a bunch of worms....(back stabbings, domineering, narcissistic traits would show up...)..
You just ask a wrong person....

Chinese females are totally different from Chinese males.

We can find many female patriots there in America, but Chinese women are not like US women..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 08:22 AM

4,684 posts, read 3,613,254 times
"Red China is surrounded by hostile neighbors because its a bully"...

That's only because China isnt quite as strong as the US yet. Once it is, then its neighbors will act very much like Mexico and Canada. Problem solved.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:58 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,041,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
"Red China is surrounded by hostile neighbors because its a bully"...

That's only because China isnt quite as strong as the US yet. Once it is, then its neighbors will act very much like Mexico and Canada. Problem solved.
They may be trying to become a bully but the hostile neighbors were already there. India, Russia and Japan are not lightweights and they all make it difficult for China to really extend its sphere of influence. The situation for the US in the Americas is totally different. There is no country here that can challenge us like the ones I mentioned above.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:02 AM

2,206 posts, read 1,127,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
of course China has debt, but it is a matter of 37% of GDP vs 106% in the US. As you can see, 37% is pretty low by international standard, similar to S Korea.
The US' net national wealth is about US$72.1 trillion, accounting for 30% of global wealth in 2013. Japan comes next with US$22.6 trillion, about 9.4% of global wealth. China is 3rd with US$22.2 trillion, about 9.2% of global wealth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_wealth

Put it simply, the government of US is indebtedly poor but most of the country's assets are privately owned by citizens. Contrast that with China's.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:23 AM

7,682 posts, read 8,485,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPKS View Post
Let's note that the article is not written by an American. It's from a German.

U.S. Is No. 1, China Is So Yesterday - Bloomberg View

Nonetheless, It's an interesting piece.
Great article, I have always said that China is a Potemkin village, a paper tiger.

As for Canada ... we don't want Canada, and I highly doubt the Canadians want us. I do however propose looking southwards ...

Old 05-14-2014, 02:23 PM

18,512 posts, read 9,574,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
The US' net national wealth is about US$72.1 trillion, accounting for 30% of global wealth in 2013. Japan comes next with US$22.6 trillion, about 9.4% of global wealth. China is 3rd with US$22.2 trillion, about 9.2% of global wealth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_wealth

Put it simply, the government of US is indebtedly poor but most of the country's assets are privately owned by citizens. Contrast that with China's.
Really wealth minus debt is the proper and most effective way to measure economic success whether speaking about individuals or countries!!!

Old 05-14-2014, 02:38 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,260,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Great article, I have always said that China is a Potemkin village, a paper tiger.

As for Canada ... we don't want Canada, and I highly doubt the Canadians want us. I do however propose looking southwards ...
considering America is rapidly latinonized, you don't really need to look southward. it is already happening.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:04 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,241,785 times
'Hostile' sounds a bit strong. They're not bosom buddies but it's not like they're going to war...China still trades heavily with it's Asian neighbours.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:20 PM

6,773 posts, read 5,121,205 times
They ARE hostile.Trading is one thing,but the regional powers in Asia can easily backstab each other without hesitating.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:22 PM

9,779 posts, read 13,355,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
considering America is rapidly latinonized, you don't really need to look southward. it is already happening.
I don't see the increase in Latinos as being a negative thing. The areas with a large latino presence are actually generally quite productive. There have been Latinos in the US since before its founding, and the Chicano diaspora is already part of the US' culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia