U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 03:46 PM

2,299 posts, read 3,397,810 times

Advertisements

You're declaring a place to be unsafe based on one tragic incident. You should check out the P&OC subforum; you'd fit right in with the rest of the moron brigade.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 05-24-2014 at 04:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 07:53 PM

3,123 posts, read 2,703,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Taiwan is not like Norway or Finland,people here are conservative and quite frankly,short-sighted.People here don't ask WHY did the tragedy take place like Norwegians or Finnish did,t
What makes you think Norwegians or Finnish ask why? Has much been done in Norway to prevent another Breivik, not really. Has much been done in Finland to avert another school massacre, not really. Has anything been done in Sweden to avoid another riot, not really.

Scandinavia do the exact same thing as Taiwan. They will use the incident to support more of the same. In Taiwan that means harsher punishments, in Sweden that means more tolerance campaigns. If harsher punishment will help reduce the crime rate, then Scandinavian countries will not implement it because just like Taiwan they are not asking why.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:58 PM

55,665 posts, read 74,620,384 times
Here we have violence but feel somehow we should "get over it"
We have lost our outrage over violence
The killer will pay a high price in taiwan but not here ever
Here only the victims pay

Old 05-24-2014, 08:16 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,271,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Here we have violence but feel somehow we should "get over it"
We have lost our outrage over violence
The killer will pay a high price in taiwan but not here ever
Here only the victims pay
Yeah just read mass shooting in Southern California happened yesterday ..

US needs to start arms ban

Old 05-24-2014, 09:00 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,172,752 times
Quote:
Taipei MRT startling news drunks kill Hau 6:15 press conference - News

This just happened several hours ago.
Actually the murderer wasn't drunk,he was clear-headed,and has been planning to random murder people for a long time.And the casualties range from 3 to 4,depends on the sources since the number is still unclear.And he didn't carry butterfly knives,he just held....two knives on his hands.

This terrifies me.It happened in the station where I pass on a daily basis,I've decided that I'm gonna take the bus from now on.

Taipei is no longer a safe place.You might need to consider bringing some weapons with you if interested in paying a visit.
Don't be such a drama queen, man. I have 2 good friends who flew back to Taipei for summer vacation and they feel perfectly fine. I don't know why you feel so paranoid about it when they don't

Old 05-24-2014, 09:37 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,259,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Should a thread about which is the most dangerous country in terms of rape be made ? That would be interesting
There already is one in the Wolrld forum and it is not interesting at all, except for all the wild interpretations of gross misinformation based on data that is impossible to obtain or even quantify, posted by people who have never been to the countries in question and have deep-rooted political inclinations to bash certain countries regardless of merit..

A few years ago, there was a mass murderer in Norway. I guess I'd better carry a gun to defend myself from Norwegians from now on, since Norway is no longer safe. Tasmania, too. And Canada, after that bus passenger beheaded another passenger on an overnight bus. No longer safe countries to travel in. The only safe countries are the ones where the World News Daily has not reported a murder in the past few years.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:47 AM

6,774 posts, read 5,122,827 times
Fine I was exaggerating.Let's just see how long it'd take for another tragedy to happen.Hopefully there won't be any.

There have been mimicry on the internet,and some assaults in the train station and stuffs,none of them were serious or fatal though.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:35 PM

22,142 posts, read 23,662,647 times
Quote:
Fine I was exaggerating.Let's just see how long it'd take for another tragedy to happen.Hopefully there won't be any.

There have been mimicry on the internet,and some assaults in the train station and stuffs,none of them were serious or fatal though.
Well, maybe you should be the one to do it since you seem to want it to be true?

Old 05-27-2014, 05:05 PM

6,774 posts, read 5,122,827 times
Who wanted it to be true?

Old 05-31-2014, 05:03 AM

1 posts, read 752 times
I think, despite this example, it's kind of a good thing that this happened. Hopefully, it will open Taiwanese (who always see thing through rose-coloured glasses) people's eyes as to what happens on a daily basis in many places around the globe. Also, they could start blaming themselves for their bigotic and megalomanical thinking (which has an effect on their society as a whole and has likely caused malicious thinking of this assaulter.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or