U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2015, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,353,482 times
Reputation: 11309

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
The Chinese are abusive to america and its interests. They buy huge swaths of land in america, hold on to our debt, own our buinesses by the products they make. The Chinese even immigrate here to vote on behalf of their great yellow commander. Why don't we own THEIR debt? Why don't we buy THEIR businesses? why don't we send 12 million americans to China for uncle sam to keep a watch on THEIR country? You can thank our glorious matyr saint barack hussein obama who died for our sins.
The US has been abusive to a lot of countries, even past friends. China has learned a lot of its behavior by watching and dealing with the US, actually... the US hasn't seen anyone on the world stage since the fall od the Soviet Union who has wielded anything close to its level of power, so now that it sees it, it doesn't really know what to do. Keep in mind as I say this that I am an American, not Chinese.

Now, why doesn't the US buy up pieces of China? Well, first of all, it doesn't have the money. Second, it is protectionist and doesnt just allow anyone from anywhere with money to buy whatever they want. The US could have learned from this, actually. Why aren't our wealthy private citizens buying up their businesses? Because there is no incentive to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2015, 09:48 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,258,456 times
Reputation: 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post

Now, why doesn't the US buy up pieces of China? Well, first of all, it doesn't have the money. Second, it is protectionist and doesnt just allow anyone from anywhere with money to buy whatever they want. The US could have learned from this, actually. Why aren't our wealthy private citizens buying up their businesses? Because there is no incentive to.
haha, that reminds me of something.

A few years ago China decide to stop exporting rare earth, and US brought it to the WHO claiming it is against trade rules or something. On the other hand, there is a law in the US (with one of the largest oil reserve) that forbids exporting crude oil made in the USA since the 1970s.

Basically I can do whatever I want with my resources, but you can't.

And regarding "abusive", didn't the Nixon force its allies to appreciate currencies in the 1970s just to boost its own export? Didn't Obama listen to phone calls of Merkel and leaders of its allies? If that's not an abusive relationship, I don't know what is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 10:27 AM
 
931 posts, read 613,739 times
Reputation: 1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
haha, that reminds me of something.

A few years ago China decide to stop exporting rare earth, and US brought it to the WHO claiming it is against trade rules or something. On the other hand, there is a law in the US (with one of the largest oil reserve) that forbids exporting crude oil made in the USA since the 1970s.

Basically I can do whatever I want with my resources, but you can't.

And regarding "abusive", didn't the Nixon force its allies to appreciate currencies in the 1970s just to boost its own export? Didn't Obama listen to phone calls of Merkel and leaders of its allies? If that's not an abusive relationship, I don't know what is.
All governments are bs, no point finger pointing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 08:10 PM
 
653 posts, read 582,148 times
Reputation: 704
Botticelli LOVES to **** on America, esp the government whenever he gets the chance. 415 really set him up, and he spiked it well....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2015, 09:41 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,258,456 times
Reputation: 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Botticelli LOVES to **** on America, esp the government whenever he gets the chance. 415 really set him up, and he spiked it well....lol
yes. and I will not stop.
I don't *** on America, only on its super hypocritical "I am nobler than you" kind of foreign policy. For everything it accuses China of, I can come up with better examples of America's own doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2015, 10:47 AM
bg7
 
7,697 posts, read 8,165,342 times
Reputation: 15093
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
yes. and I will not stop.
I don't *** on America, only on its super hypocritical "I am nobler than you" kind of foreign policy. For everything it accuses China of, I can come up with better examples of America's own doing.

I see, so how is China on international trade in endangered species and protection of critical environmental habitats? Doing Better than the US right? I don't think so.


Moderator cut: -

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-01-2015 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: Personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2015, 12:09 PM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,258,456 times
Reputation: 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
I see, so how is China on international trade in endangered species and protection of critical environmental habitats? Doing Better than the US right? I don't think so.
[mod]-[mod]

What I said is whatever accusation the US randomly throws at China, I can throw back same examples where the US did just the same. These are two completely different issues, if you didn't understand. My point is, the US is not in a position to point fingers.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-01-2015 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Edited quote and deleted direct response to edited material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2015, 06:43 PM
 
542 posts, read 489,535 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
...the US is not in a position to point fingers.
You should know by now that when you're driving the bus, you can point fingers anywhere you like.

However in recent times they've hired more than one bus driver and that dramatically decreases the ability to point fingers without some controversy or backlash.

This is what we're dealing with today. Many of the old policy makers (Western) that own media outlets are driving the public opinion hoping to bleed as much as they can out of this cow. The money is driven by clandestine markets that aren't on the surface. They've changed almost daily in recent times, sometimes even hourly.

Those "controllers" are about a hundred steps ahead of you and I but it's closing and closing fast. Soon enough there'll be a new group running the bus and it's not going to get any better, just the same old stuff regurgitated in a new way.

The idea is to separate us with a sense of belonging so we buy, live and purchase from them. After all, we are better than the next guys, right???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top