U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 09:01 PM

919 posts, read 602,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
By the way, those bear farms are legal in China. And so are tiger farms. That's what pisses me so much. How can the stupid Chinese government not ban such things? For employment? Or does Xi Jing Ping also take bear bile and tiger wine? Stupidity and cruelty combine to make the Chinese a very difficult people to have any sort of respect for.
Off topic a bit, but RSPCA put down our cat for having long hair: Family was threatened with prison if they didn't sign consent form after inspector accused them of animal cruelty
  • Richard and Samantha Byrnes say they have suffered two years of trauma
  • The cat was taken by RSPCA who said he was too thin and had matted fur
  • But couple say Claude, 16, had an aversion to being combed or trimmed
  • Threatened with prison if they refused to sign release form to put him down
  • Family are still fighting to get his ashes back after he was put down in 2013

Old 04-07-2016, 11:14 PM

1,424 posts, read 734,515 times
Quote:
If you have friends who measure your friendship based on whether you will lend them money or not, then I suggest you get new and better friends. You're really pathetic if you think it's acceptable for your friend to be offended if you refuse to lend him money. I would be offended if my friend actually put me in that position of having to lend him money. How ridiculous! It's as stupid as Chinese peasants believing in some qi and drinking rhino horn tea to get an erection. Just plain pathetic.
A friend who needs money occasionally is not necessarily a crappy friend. One of my college mate was from a very poor family and sometimes he could not make to the end of the month. I often lent money to him.

Yes, if my friend refuses to lend money to me when he can (and I need it), he is not my friend any more. That simple. In most cases, people ask for money when they truly need it. It requires some trust and courage.

Americans are known to be cold to friends. Just a saying.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:29 AM

4,678 posts, read 3,609,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Off topic a bit, but RSPCA put down our cat for having long hair: Family was threatened with prison if they didn't sign consent form after inspector accused them of animal cruelty
  • Richard and Samantha Byrnes say they have suffered two years of trauma
  • The cat was taken by RSPCA who said he was too thin and had matted fur
  • But couple say Claude, 16, had an aversion to being combed or trimmed
  • Threatened with prison if they refused to sign release form to put him down
  • Family are still fighting to get his ashes back after he was put down in 2013
Do you really want to compare this to the 12 million dogs and cats who are bludgeoned and consumed in China each year? Or even the bludgeoning of dolphins by some Japanese village as part of their "tradition"? Give me a break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbk32V4QdTE

Old 04-08-2016, 09:21 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,253,275 times
Quote:
Do you really want to compare this to the 12 million dogs and cats who are bludgeoned and consumed in China each year? Or even the bludgeoning of dolphins by some Japanese village as part of their "tradition"? Give me a break.
I have to ask this again: How is different from millions of cattle slaughtered for their meat in western countries? Did all those cattle receive euthanasia?

Old 04-08-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:

If you have friends who measure your friendship based on whether you will lend them money or not, then I suggest you get new and better friends. You're really pathetic if you think it's acceptable for your friend to be offended if you refuse to lend him money. I would be offended if my friend actually put me in that position of having to lend him money. How ridiculous!
See, you are being very narrow minded here. You cultural bias is obvious here. Because Americans rarely borrow money from friends, so it is wrong or pathetic for people in other country to do that too, and people around the world must not measure friendship based on that.

Just so you know, the American way is just one way, out of many ways. I am sure in many countries, not just China, it is perfect acceptable to borrow money from friends when in need. There is nothing "pathetic" about that.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:12 PM

24 posts, read 15,860 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbk32V4QdTE
Geez, so horrible

Old 04-08-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I have to ask this again: How is different from millions of cattle slaughtered for their meat in western countries? Did all those cattle receive euthanasia?
Actually, the cow is stunned first by electric gun, then its throat is slit. For pigs, there is a kind of gun that shoots a rod through its brain that supposedly kills the animal instantly. They use that on cows also. Yes, eating meat and all that is not humane, but bludgeoning a dog to near death right on the street and then boiling it while it's still alive is quite grotesque, brabaric and primitive. The Chinese also de-fur rabbits while they are alive too, and allow them to live so their fur grow back through extreme pain. Wonderful folks.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
See, you are being very narrow minded here. You cultural bias is obvious here. Because Americans rarely borrow money from friends, so it is wrong or pathetic for people in other country to do that too, and people around the world must not measure friendship based on that.

Just so you know, the American way is just one way, out of many ways. I am sure in many countries, not just China, it is perfect acceptable to borrow money from friends when in need. There is nothing "pathetic" about that.
Well, ok, you win. If you want pathetic friends, so be it. This hardly excuses the grinning Chinese peasant who clubs a dog to death right in front of the TV camera.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Actually, the cow is stunned first by electric gun, then its throat is slit. For pigs, there is a kind of gun that shoots a rod through its brain that supposedly kills the animal instantly. They use that on cows also. Yes, eating meat and all that is not humane, but bludgeoning a dog to near death right on the street and then boiling it while it's still alive is quite grotesque, brabaric and primitive. The Chinese also de-fur rabbits while they are alive too, and allow them to live so their fur grow back through extreme pain. Wonderful folks.

Dude, as I said I don't think animal cruelty should be accepted anywhere, but you seem to be overly obsessed with this and keep pounding on it month after month.

In the end, it is both killing. Westerners really don't get to feel all morally superior, although I do think such unnecessary cruelty displayed by certain parts of China should be avoided and banned.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Dude, as I said I don't think animal cruelty should be accepted anywhere, but you seem to be overly obsessed with this and keep pounding on it month after month.

In the end, it is both killing. Westerners really don't get to feel all morally superior, although I do think such unnecessary cruelty displayed by certain parts of China should be avoided and banned.
Well, guess what month this is...and Yulin is about to have its famed festival and the wonderful pictures of ugly Chinese peasants slurping on dog soup and cat stir-fry plastered on the front pages of all the newspapers around the world.

For a people who care so much about face, I can't believe the non dog eating Chinese population actually tolerate such humiliation caused by their dog-eating comrades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia