U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 11:47 PM

2,761 posts, read 1,110,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
I stated some truth, racist hypocrite!
What did I post that was either racist or hypocritical?

Do you know what either of those words mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Guy View Post
These old racists are set in their ways.
Really?

Can you point to the racism? Specifically? And can you explain how any comment is racist?

Go on, now, get to it!

Old 04-10-2016, 01:14 AM

1,424 posts, read 740,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
What did I post that was either racist or hypocritical?

Do you know what either of those words mean?

Really?

Can you point to the racism? Specifically? And can you explain how any comment is racist?

Go on, now, get to it!
Every Chinese thinks you are racist here. So maybe you should think twice too.
Whether some comment is offensive or not is completely determined by the receivers. (Whether it is intentional or not is another story.)

Old 04-10-2016, 03:12 AM

4,710 posts, read 3,639,604 times
Quote:
Every Chinese thinks you are racist here. So maybe you should think twice too.
Whether some comment is offensive or not is completely determined by the receivers. (Whether it is intentional or not is another story.)
Only the apologists and the ones who are so proud that they can't face the ugly side of their culture have a problem with the argument. There is nothing that I have posted that is untrue. China has a lot of problems and the first step is to face it and honestly deal with it.

The Ah Q analogy is very apt.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:33 AM

26 posts, read 10,429 times
Racists need to come to terms with their racism. Recognizing racism that has been pointed out numerous times yet still vehemently denied under the guise of smoke doesn't wash it off. We can go back and forth but if you're a proud racist then stand up for your beliefs or you'll always be on the defensive.

Stand tall!

Old 04-10-2016, 05:06 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,318,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
In my opinion, an inferior maxim compared to the Golden Rule given by Jesus.

The great sage, Confuse Us, simply advises us NOT TO DO the things to others that we DO NOT wish be done to us.

Its a negative rule.

Jesus, in contrast, advises us to DO unto others as we would have others DO unto us.

This is a positive rule.

Confusionism teaches Chinese people to mind their own business and does not encourage proactively helping others.

Christianity teaches us to proactively help others.
Sorry but Jesus doesn't exist.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Every Chinese thinks you are racist here.
Well, my wife is Chinese, and she understands that I am not a racist.

Quote:
So maybe you should think twice too.
Or, maybe you should educate yourself as to the meaning of the word racism?

Quote:
That may be true.

But, whether a comment or idea is racist depends entirely on the definition and meaning of racism.

You should do yourself, and all of us, a favour and familiarise yourself with the definition of racism.

Once you do, I'm certain that you will understand that I am not a racist.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Sorry but Jesus doesn't exist.
He probably did exist.

I'm an atheist.

But, that doesn't stop me from understanding that there are sayings attributed to a man named Jesus.

Now, do you have anything intelligent to add?

Old 04-10-2016, 07:23 AM

4,710 posts, read 3,639,604 times
When you don't do unto others so that they don't do the same to you, which is what Kong Fuzi supposedly stated, then what this means is that, so long as you and your family are not involved, it's none of your concern. With this attitude, no wonder that the Chinese care only for their very small family circle, and could care less what happens to the country or society, or anyone else. This is the basis for selfishness, and the lack of civil society in China today. When you care only about your family and mind only your own business, then how can you ever care about the environment, or the society or the country at large? The state is so powerful in China because the individuals have forfeited their fate to it, and are satisfied with only their narrow familial concerns. So, a drowning child is none of your business, so long as she is not your relative. And of course, butchering dogs is a non issue so long as you and your family are not involved. Who cares about the ethical issue or what this brutal act actually say about Chinese society at large. This is why yuanling wants me to apologize to his family for generalizing about them. He doesn't care about the Chinese behavior as a whole, only that he and his family are insulted. Such selfish and self centered attitude will doom China to dictatorship and authoritarian abuse forever because nobody cares about the country, only their little families.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:15 AM

26 posts, read 10,429 times
More racist China bashing again? You guys need to get a life.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Guy View Post
More racist China bashing again? You guys need to get a life.
没有公德心.

This is what Chinese people say.

How is it racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia