Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 09:16 AM

26 posts, read 17,322 times

Advertisements

There's probably a few billion Chinese in the world. Did they say that? So who said what? Perhaps contrary to your thinking, not all Chinese are alike.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:24 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,049,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
When you don't do unto others so that they don't do the same to you, which is what Kong Fuzi supposedly stated, then what this means is that, so long as you and your family are not involved, it's none of your concern. With this attitude, no wonder that the Chinese care only for their very small family circle, and could care less what happens to the country or society, or anyone else. This is the basis for selfishness, and the lack of civil society in China today. When you care only about your family and mind only your own business, then how can you ever care about the environment, or the society or the country at large? The state is so powerful in China because the individuals have forfeited their fate to it, and are satisfied with only their narrow familial concerns. So, a drowning child is none of your business, so long as she is not your relative. And of course, butchering dogs is a non issue so long as you and your family are not involved. Who cares about the ethical issue or what this brutal act actually say about Chinese society at large. This is why yuanling wants me to apologize to his family for generalizing about them. He doesn't care about the Chinese behavior as a whole, only that he and his family are insulted. Such selfish and self centered attitude will doom China to dictatorship and authoritarian abuse forever because nobody cares about the country, only their little families.
Oh I want you to apologize to all Chinese people who do not commit the things you described. I just used my family as an example because I know my family well.
And stop acting like a China expert. You made a fool of yourself. I hope racist people like you leave China, and stay as far as possible. You only do harm to China.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Well, my wife is Chinese, and she understands that I am not a racist.

Or, maybe you should educate yourself as to the meaning of the word racism?

That may be true.

But, whether a comment or idea is racist depends entirely on the definition and meaning of racism.

You should do yourself, and all of us, a favour and familiarise yourself with the definition of racism.

Once you do, I'm certain that you will understand that I am not a racist.
Your wife "may be" brainwashed by you or is another self-loathing Asian woman, but that does not justify what you said.

You made comments on the whole Chinese people, and made false, derogatory, or exaggerating generalizations. It is a perfect example of racism.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Guy View Post
There's probably a few billion Chinese in the world. Did they say that? So who said what? Perhaps contrary to your thinking, not all Chinese are alike.
Their arrogance and ignorance are so obvious, but I bet they are raised that way and cannot change.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:38 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Your wife "may be" brainwashed by you or is another self-loathing Asian woman, but that does not justify what you said.
She's not.

What did I post that is incorrect?

Stop screaming racism and explain yourself.

Countless Chinese taxi drivers have said the same things to me. Are they all racist and or brainwashed? Are they all self-loathing Chinese?

Quote:
You made comments on the whole Chinese people, and made false, derogatory, or exaggerating generalizations. It is a perfect example of racism.
Did I hurt the feelings of all of the Chinese people? Boo Hoo.

Come on, really. Explain to us how anything I have posted is racist.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:36 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,104,962 times
Quote:
Oh I want you to apologize to all Chinese people who do not commit the things you described. I just used my family as an example because I know my family well.
And stop acting like a China expert. You made a fool of yourself. I hope racist people like you leave China, and stay as far as possible. You only do harm to China.
I don't live in China, genius. And for what it's worth, there are probably a fair number of Chinese who feel the same about the ugly aspects of Chinese culture. You need to stop being an ah q and see reality. Doing harm to China? I think The Chinese do quite well shooting themselves in their collective foot on that score.....

YEs, boo hoo their feelings are hurt....LOL

Old 04-10-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I don't live in China, genius. And for what it's worth, there are probably a fair number of Chinese who feel the same about the ugly aspects of Chinese culture. You need to stop being an ah q and see reality. Doing harm to China? I think The Chinese do quite well shooting themselves in their collective foot on that score.....

YEs, boo hoo their feelings are hurt....LOL
Oh yes many Chinese persons are evil, but you always say Chinese blah blah not individuals. You use the phrase "ugly peasants" which is derogatory no matter what the context is, just like using the n-word.

Racism plus arrogance are the ugliest.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:19 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,738,739 times
I think the size of the country might explain the attitude of Chinese citizens. Living in a huge nation with over a billion people makes it nearly impossible to observe, criticize or influence anyone beyond your smallest circle of family or friends.
Then again, here in the US, living in a small town with a few thousand inhabitants, the residents are touched by every single change, such as a new traffic light or a new feed store. Obviously, they will care more and they'll fight for what's the best for them.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:38 PM

26 posts, read 17,322 times
^ True that. It's like here in NYC, amidst the hustle and the bustle, eight million packed, we don't follow examples we set them. And anyone not from "the City" is considered lame. Capice?

Old 04-10-2016, 03:46 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,104,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Guy View Post
^ True that. It's like here in NYC, amidst the hustle and the bustle, eight million packed, we don't follow examples we set them. And anyone not from "the City" is considered lame. Capice?
Yes, try getting New Yorkers to eat dog meat stew and see what they say....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia