U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 07:05 PM

2,761 posts, read 1,105,638 times

Advertisements

Yes. I live in Asia.

What's stopping you from leaving the living Hell of the West for the Paradise that is China? Come on over and torture some dogs!

Old 04-10-2016, 07:34 PM

26 posts, read 10,355 times
Where exactly in Subic Bay are you? Enjoying nice palm trees and mangoes?

Old 04-10-2016, 08:45 PM

919 posts, read 604,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Actually, the cow is stunned first by electric gun, then its throat is slit. For pigs, there is a kind of gun that shoots a rod through its brain that supposedly kills the animal instantly.
Don't watch these videos.

https://youtu.be/5oTCA9V3eNs

https://youtu.be/GzS8p727gvM

Old 04-10-2016, 08:50 PM

919 posts, read 604,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
In my opinion, an inferior maxim compared to the Golden Rule given by Jesus.

The great sage, Confuse Us, simply advises us NOT TO DO the things to others that we DO NOT wish be done to us.

Its a negative rule.

Jesus, in contrast, advises us to DO unto others as we would have others DO unto us.

This is a positive rule.

Confusionism teaches Chinese people to mind their own business and does not encourage proactively helping others.

Christianity teaches us to proactively help others.
It may be interesting if we compare which has caused more deaths, Confusionism or Christianity.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:00 PM

752 posts, read 440,804 times
"What is your sick obsession with dogs? Do you worship them as something holy like how Hindus revere cows?"

You see, we don't have any children. My fault, entirely. As a poor substitute, we have pets, a parrot who is likely to live longer than us, and an ongoing chain of highly beloved dogs.
Therefore, understanding that our view might be racist or not quite politically correct, nevertheless, we consider the eating of cats, dogs, or parrots beyond barbaric, and I'd rather end my own life before putting one on the barbecue.
With us, is like, we wouldn't eat the neighborhood kids either, regardless of how hungry we are.
Pennyone gets it, you don't. No big deal, the planet keeps spinning, and life goes on.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:21 PM

2 posts, read 974 times
I don't like China.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:57 PM

9,783 posts, read 13,376,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
And dog meat is not even popular in China. In 99.99% restaurants you will never see it.
You can talk about it, but don't make the topic like women's periods.
I only know a few Chinese people who have ever eaten dog. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've met more Westerners (Aussies and Europeans) who have tried it simply to say that they've tried some sort of weird foreign "shock" food (like people that eat guinea pigs in Peru or charbroiled crickets in Mexico).

That said, it's possible to find it in most of China. I took this picture in a village in Guangzhou (for those who haven't been to China, "village" is synonymous with "neighborhood," as most neighborhoods were indeed villages that may have been hundreds or even a couple thousand years old before being enveloped in urban sprawl).

You'd never see anything like this in the CBD or any wealthier/middle class areas, ever, but it's common enough in the poorer parts. Even there, most people will shy away from it, but you'll get a bunch of middle aged guys who have been drinking and order it, in part as a challenge to see if you're "manly" enough to eat something that most people think is abhorrent. Sort of like drinking a bottle of hot sauce or chugging a bottle of baiju.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Yes. I live in Asia.

What's stopping you from leaving the living Hell of the West for the Paradise that is China? Come on over and torture some dogs!

And you must leave Asia immediately. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! The height of hypocrisy.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:18 AM

9,783 posts, read 13,376,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Guy View Post
Until my affairs are completed. And your location says Asia?
Just curious, have you ever lived in China or anywhere else in Asia?

Old 04-11-2016, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
"What is your sick obsession with dogs? Do you worship them as something holy like how Hindus revere cows?"

You see, we don't have any children. My fault, entirely. As a poor substitute, we have pets, a parrot who is likely to live longer than us, and an ongoing chain of highly beloved dogs.
Therefore, understanding that our view might be racist or not quite politically correct, nevertheless, we consider the eating of cats, dogs, or parrots beyond barbaric, and I'd rather end my own life before putting one on the barbecue.
With us, is like, we wouldn't eat the neighborhood kids either, regardless of how hungry we are.
Pennyone gets it, you don't. No big deal, the planet keeps spinning, and life goes on.

No, Pennyone doesn't get it, neither do you. Did you bypass the part where the cows are sacred? Does that stop them from being slaughtered en masse? Do you get the part where these are all Gods creatures, great and small? You say you do but the reality is, you do not.

Pennyone and those like him think they get to choose which of Gods creatures get spared and which don't simply because that is their viewpoint and not Hindus or whomever. Is Pennyone's values more important than yours or mine? Says who?

Is Salmonburgher's value system more righteous than all of Asia? Who and what gave him and his that right?

As I mentioned before why are chickens being slaughtered wholesale before they even have people ready to eat them? Why are their carcasses thrown into the garbage heap when their freshness has expired because no one bought them in time? Why were they slaughtered in the first place?

And what about this evil sport killing for trophies on the wall? I guess you're ok with that since you said absolutely nothing about it despite the fact that other more humane ways to cull the herd are available like birth prevention and so forth except it won't satiate the blood lust of savages.

So don't even think about trying to take the moral high ground with me simply because you think you and yours are entitled to get to pick and choose which creatures get the axe and which do not.

Am I getting through to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia