U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 02:56 AM

4,706 posts, read 3,622,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Yes. I live in Asia.

What's stopping you from leaving the living Hell of the West for the Paradise that is China? Come on over and torture some dogs!
Right on. He's hiding in Nyc and enjoying the amenities of American life.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Guy View Post
What is your sick obsession with dogs? Do you worship them as something holy like how Hindus revere cows?

But then you have no problem scarfing down burgers all the time, eh? You don't mind offending the sensibilities of Hindus but you want your twisted ways observed by all. It's commonly referred to as, cultural hegemony. Look it up. It's goes hand in hand with racism.
And you just assume I eat beef? That's a big assumption there, buddy.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
And dog meat is not even popular in China. In 99.99% restaurants you will never see it.
You can talk about it, but don't make the topic like women's periods.
That's BS. These restaurants can be found in every major and minor Chinese cities....don't lie.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post

Yup, and there the many legislations across the whole country to address these issues. All American states have laws against cruelty to animals, along with federal ones. Some are much harsher than others, base on each state legislature. What does China have? It only just pass an anti-domestic violence law, which is about a century behind the US. Talk about backward.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I only know a few Chinese people who have ever eaten dog. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've met more Westerners (Aussies and Europeans) who have tried it simply to say that they've tried some sort of weird foreign "shock" food (like people that eat guinea pigs in Peru or charbroiled crickets in Mexico).

That said, it's possible to find it in most of China. I took this picture in a village in Guangzhou (for those who haven't been to China, "village" is synonymous with "neighborhood," as most neighborhoods were indeed villages that may have been hundreds or even a couple thousand years old before being enveloped in urban sprawl).

You'd never see anything like this in the CBD or any wealthier/middle class areas, ever, but it's common enough in the poorer parts. Even there, most people will shy away from it, but you'll get a bunch of middle aged guys who have been drinking and order it, in part as a challenge to see if you're "manly" enough to eat something that most people think is abhorrent. Sort of like drinking a bottle of hot sauce or chugging a bottle of baiju.
Yeah, and that dog is a golden retriever....hardly meant to be eaten. GR are a pure breed and expensive. Dog smugglers grab those because they are big, and most Chinese people will eat them because they don't care if a dog is stolen or not. Most dogs that are being sold and butchered in yulin have dog tags still on them, but that doesn't stop the ugly buck-tooth peasants from haggling over their prices and clubbing them to death for stew.

And there are a lot of poor people still in China, even in the richest cities. So there are lots of dog consumers. Far more than just .01% like some genius would want us to believe.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:15 AM

1,424 posts, read 736,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
That's BS. These restaurants can be found in every major and minor Chinese cities....don't lie.
You are such a liar. In my hometown i have never seen such one, though i believe there should be some.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:18 AM

1,424 posts, read 736,898 times
Quote:
And you just assume I eat beef? That's a big assumption there, buddy.
So you are a vegan, an outlier of human beings. Nuff said.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
So you are a vegan, an outlier of human beings. Nuff said.
Nope, vegetarian is not vegan. You are truly hopeless, and you make so many assumptions yourself, and here you are crying about how I insulted your whole family by generalizing.... You don't even know the difference between a vegan and a vegetarian. Booohoooo!

Old 04-11-2016, 10:57 AM

26 posts, read 10,342 times
Penny, you are hopeless. oh and don't think it's not well known that while Asians may eat dogs at least they don't lie down with them.

We're on to your kind you sick degenerates!

Old 04-11-2016, 11:11 AM

26 posts, read 10,342 times
Quote:
Right on. He's hiding in Nyc and enjoying the amenities of American life.
!
Meanwhile you whack jobs would have us believe you are being beaten down and gang raped by the Redguards. Or is that just your fantasy?

ROFLMMFAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia