U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-24-2016, 02:41 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 736,898 times
Reputation: 508

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Ok, so drinking and getting drunk and obnoxious in public is a great "freedom"? And smoking and killing non-smokers in the same restaurant with your dirty second hand smoke is good? And downloading movies for free...otherwise known as stealing movies, is good? These are not good things. They are manifestation of very poor institutional safeguards and primitive social development. There are Chinese laws against all these things, but of course people don't respect the laws. This is a huge problem for China.
Do you understand "some"?

 
Old 03-24-2016, 02:43 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 736,898 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Their animal rights record is atrocious, even by third world standard. They even starve tigers and use their bones for nonsensical, bogus health means.
Maybe 0.01% Chinese people do this, and 99.99% Chinese people are against it.
If you have 1.3 billion people, any weird things can happen.

Suppose Florida has the same population as China...
 
Old 03-25-2016, 04:34 AM
 
4,705 posts, read 3,622,521 times
Reputation: 7399
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Do you understand "some"?
Genius, I do. Your examples do not qualify as "some freedoms that are good." If you think the three examples that you listed are "good freedoms" that a Chinese can boast, then you are no better than a Chinese peasant who has no clue what basic sanitation or public decorum means.
 
Old 03-25-2016, 04:45 AM
 
4,705 posts, read 3,622,521 times
Reputation: 7399
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Maybe 0.01% Chinese people do this, and 99.99% Chinese people are against it.
If you have 1.3 billion people, any weird things can happen.

Suppose Florida has the same population as China...
No, there are plenty of stupid and ignorant Chinese who believe in the bogus traditional Chinese medicine and all the rhino horn, tiger bone wine crap that's decimating the world's wildlife population. It's a lot more than .01%, buddy! These ignorant people are not only in China, but in taiwan, HK and in overseas Chinese communities. There are lots of chinese cultural elements that are bogus, unscientific and incredibly backward and weird.

Tigers bred for their bones and treated horribly. Bear farms where the animals are caged with pipes draining their biles. Dogs and rabbits, chinchillas etc skinned alive (some rabbits are stripped of their fur but kept alive so that they can regrow their fur!!!!). All pretty common in China. Of course dogs and cats beaten and then killed right on the streets in dog meat festivals etc.

Sure US agro businesses have very cruel chicken and pig processing plants. But I have the option to buy free range chicken and pork from small farms. Plenty of Chinese people have no problem killing tigers for their bones, or rhinos for their horns. They want face and these exotic animal parts are expensive and valuable to these ignorant people. They even think elephant tusks actually can be harvested without killing the elephants! Amazing stupidity in China.
 
Old 03-25-2016, 09:53 AM
 
1,424 posts, read 736,898 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Genius, I do. Your examples do not qualify as "some freedoms that are good." If you think the three examples that you listed are "good freedoms" that a Chinese can boast, then you are no better than a Chinese peasant who has no clue what basic sanitation or public decorum means.
The "some are good" argument appeared later than the examples. That is a development of argument.
Pay attention to the flow of information and logic.
 
Old 03-25-2016, 09:54 AM
 
1,424 posts, read 736,898 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
No, there are plenty of stupid and ignorant Chinese who believe in the bogus traditional Chinese medicine and all the rhino horn, tiger bone wine crap that's decimating the world's wildlife population. It's a lot more than .01%, buddy! These ignorant people are not only in China, but in taiwan, HK and in overseas Chinese communities. There are lots of chinese cultural elements that are bogus, unscientific and incredibly backward and weird.

Tigers bred for their bones and treated horribly. Bear farms where the animals are caged with pipes draining their biles. Dogs and rabbits, chinchillas etc skinned alive (some rabbits are stripped of their fur but kept alive so that they can regrow their fur!!!!). All pretty common in China. Of course dogs and cats beaten and then killed right on the streets in dog meat festivals etc.

Sure US agro businesses have very cruel chicken and pig processing plants. But I have the option to buy free range chicken and pork from small farms. Plenty of Chinese people have no problem killing tigers for their bones, or rhinos for their horns. They want face and these exotic animal parts are expensive and valuable to these ignorant people. They even think elephant tusks actually can be harvested without killing the elephants! Amazing stupidity in China.
Maybe some Chinese believe in traditional medicine, but far less than 0.01% would raise tigers that way. Pay attention to logic
 
Old 03-26-2016, 03:25 AM
 
4,705 posts, read 3,622,521 times
Reputation: 7399
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Maybe some Chinese believe in traditional medicine, but far less than 0.01% would raise tigers that way. Pay attention to logic
Genius. No regular Chinese would "raise tigers" to get bones for themselves. They create the market demand that drives the tiger farms. And plenty of unscrupulous Chinese businessmen open tiger farms, skirt regulations (or what pass for regulations) through bribery and abuse and exploit the tigers in captivity.

Your previous statement claim that far less than .01% of the Chinese believe in TCM, which is grossly inaccurate. Lots of stupid Chinese believe in their voodoo TCM, which does nothing to cure anything except through the placebo effect. The only thing TCM does is destroy the world's flora and fauna. That's all it does. It's a primitive and backward method of treating sickness, no better than burning a voodoo doll or eating leaves and grass like dogs and chimps do in the wild.
 
Old 03-26-2016, 03:27 AM
 
4,705 posts, read 3,622,521 times
Reputation: 7399
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
The "some are good" argument appeared later than the examples. That is a development of argument.
Pay attention to the flow of information and logic.
From your previous posts, I don't think you know what a developmental argument is.
 
Old 03-26-2016, 05:36 AM
 
919 posts, read 604,178 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Living in China actually has more personal microscopic "freedom".
I agree with this.

Here in Japan, we have to take care of other's feelings.
 
Old 03-26-2016, 07:36 AM
 
4,705 posts, read 3,622,521 times
Reputation: 7399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
I agree with this.

Here in Japan, we have to take care of other's feelings.
Yes, it may be a pain, but things/people are clean, orderly and quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top