Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 12:41 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
What Obama Asian policy? What more trouble? Like, Obama is able to actually control the direction of what's been historically the largest and most powerful country in the world for pretty large but intermittent runs?
I'm not a huge Obama fan by any means, but you're right... FFS, let's compare the US' current Asian presence versus its heyday, when it was basically the only developed power in the region (everyone else was either previously undeveloped, ravaged by war, pulling out, or simply not interested in regional dominance), had bases and stations on countless atolls... Obama is actually doing what he can tokeepits biggest economic partner and some of its most friendly important regional powers happy, which is no easy task.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 06:05 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I'm not a huge Obama fan by any means, but you're right... FFS, let's compare the US' current Asian presence versus its heyday, when it was basically the only developed power in the region (everyone else was either previously undeveloped, ravaged by war, pulling out, or simply not interested in regional dominance), had bases and stations on countless atolls... Obama is actually doing what he can to keep its biggest economic partner and some of its most friendly important regional powers happy, which is no easy task.
Really?I don't know how you feel about it but the regional powers in East Asia are not exactly happy imo by any means.

Japan is seriously considering lifting the SDF,that along is a clear indication of unhappy.The slogan of Shinzo is something like "let's depend on our own instead of the US",that is actually quite dangerous to the balance here.By lifting the SDF,Japan is like a lion jumping out of the cage.It's an extremely advanced country with outstanding military technology,unbelievable nationalism,powerful military,and,last but not least,a rightist administration which has strong approval rate.
I'm not gonna jump to conclusion and say that another Sino-Japan War is going to take place,but the tension is only escalating.China is the main target of them but Korea and Russia won't be happy about it either.

Speaking of China,the South China Sea controversy is also quite cliff-hanging these days.Vietnam is not really an ally of the US,but Philippines is.

Taiwanese aren't happy either(we are happy about Japan lifting the SDF though,because that's kind of a reassurance for Taiwan's safety),but Ma's administration and KMT are the ones to blame,it doesn't really have anything to deal with Obama.Though he does seem to care less about us than Bush did.

I feel like this whole Return to Asia thing is Obama trying to make up his poor judgment by ignoring East Asia,then the situation got too ugly so he had no choice but to make a comeback.

But of course,if we are comparing today to 1945,the situation is better

Old 06-09-2014, 07:03 AM

94 posts, read 90,310 times
Sup guys, newfag from Vietnam here.
Trust me, everyone from Vietnam hates China and Chinese people. They're angry all the time.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:13 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikhung01 View Post
Sup guys, newfag from Vietnam here.
Trust me, everyone from Vietnam hates China and Chinese people. They're angry all the time.
They hate all Chinese tourists, even if they don't have a say in what their government does? That sounds pretty closed-minded.

I have some Vietnamese friends I met in Vietnam, and like anywhere they can separate the government from it's people.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:27 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
I dont think that the people actually suffering to the extent that you have mentioned, i mean communism is horrible, but vietnam is totally not north korea where they actually do all those horrible things to the level of extrememism.

Uhh.. ok, North Korea may be worse. And your point is ? I've been to Vietnam many times. I've never met someone who would not leave Vietnam for the West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by np6888 View Post
Hello

Thank you for the last line. I mean it.

So you're more like Russia? Now that is a compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
They hate all Chinese tourists, even if they don't have a say in what their government does? That sounds pretty closed-minded.

I have some Vietnamese friends I met in Vietnam, and like anywhere they can separate the government from it's people.
How you separate the government and the people when a large amount of people fully supports them.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:11 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Uhh.. ok, North Korea may be worse. And your point is ? I've been to Vietnam many times. I've never met someone who would not leave Vietnam for the West.

Thank you for the last line. I mean it.

So you're more like Russia? Now that is a compliment.

How you separate the government and the people when a large amount of people fully supports them.
Well those that do...but I don't judge people by their nationality. Hating someone just because they belong to a nationality is ignorant.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:25 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Really?I don't know how you feel about it but the regional powers in East Asia are not exactly happy imo by any means.

Japan is seriously considering lifting the SDF,that along is a clear indication of unhappy.The slogan of Shinzo is something like "let's depend on our own instead of the US",that is actually quite dangerous to the balance here.By lifting the SDF,Japan is like a lion jumping out of the cage.It's an extremely advanced country with outstanding military technology,unbelievable nationalism,powerful military,and,last but not least,a rightist administration which has strong approval rate.
I'm not gonna jump to conclusion and say that another Sino-Japan War is going to take place,but the tension is only escalating.China is the main target of them but Korea and Russia won't be happy about it either.

Speaking of China,the South China Sea controversy is also quite cliff-hanging these days.Vietnam is not really an ally of the US,but Philippines is.

Taiwanese aren't happy either(we are happy about Japan lifting the SDF though,because that's kind of a reassurance for Taiwan's safety),but Ma's administration and KMT are the ones to blame,it doesn't really have anything to deal with Obama.Though he does seem to care less about us than Bush did.

I feel like this whole Return to Asia thing is Obama trying to make up his poor judgment by ignoring East Asia,then the situation got too ugly so he had no choice but to make a comeback.

But of course,if we are comparing today to 1945,the situation is better
Asia is wear the money is at. Since the occupation of Constantinople by the ottomans, the western world has searched for way to trade with Asia.

I think Red china has no idea what they are messing with screwing with Japan. They forgot about the rape of nanking. Japan tried to take over China twice! I do not like the fact that Japan is rearming. They were more savage than Germans and they fought like jihadis with their kamikazes. It took nuclear weapons to make the submit!

I do not want Japan to rearm. They have never apologized for WW2. I think they also hold a grudge against the US. They have an inferiority complex much like the red chinese nationalists on this board. Japan could easily go nuclear anytime they want. they more like the British except they still have not been tamed.

this is not the middle ages or the 19th century. Red China and the PLA has no idea what they are doing bullying everyone. They may be able to take on the phillipines and vietnam, but the japanese will rape them....again if given the chance.

Red China will never say it but they are glad Japan is occupied by the US. Its like the Russia saying NATO is bad even though it knows the organization keeps the Germans in line.

little white rabbit....black belly.

never trust a communist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia