U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2014, 09:11 AM
 
32,119 posts, read 33,030,273 times
Reputation: 14967

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiumph View Post
Here you go. All innocent Palestinian civilians.

Here are 3 innocent Israeli teenagers that seem to have been kidnapped in the West Bank but I haven't heard of the Palestinian Authority offering to help search for them:
Three settler teens missing in West Bank, IDF fears kidnapping - Israel News, Ynetnews

 
Old 06-20-2014, 01:55 AM
 
Location: CT, New England
678 posts, read 651,790 times
Reputation: 252
What defines a terrorist, though? You mean the IDF (Thanks to American taxpayers and the initial rez by the Brits/U.S, of course) with all its military might and the ability to cause mass destruction in hours are not oppressors but very peaceful people? Come on...don't read history the way it's branded to you.

You can pick out isolated incidents of what Philistinians did to Israelis, but, if you really wanna tally up the costs, Israel has wrecked more havoc. I never claimed what Philistinians do is 100% okay. But being humans, I can see why people resort to violence when their homeland is being stripped away from them. This isn't isolated to just Philistinians. This has happened everywhere in the world where people's property is endangered by an outside force.

Those 3 Israeli teenagers are lucky if they really did get kidnapped. (In an argument, it's best to avoid news with potential bias. Posting an article from a Israeli site is redundant to your argument) Because the IDF sometimes "mistakenly" shoot Philistinians in the name of self defense with their TAR-21s while the Philistinians only have rocks...

The problem with Israelis is that majority of them aren't religious in that region of the world. Many describe themselves as secular, non-religious, or even atheist while they just cling to their ethnic identity. But their religion is the only source of where it says they deserve such an homeland...
 
Old 06-26-2014, 01:38 PM
 
32,119 posts, read 33,030,273 times
Reputation: 14967
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
What defines a terrorist, though? You mean the IDF (Thanks to American taxpayers and the initial rez by the Brits/U.S, of course) with all its military might and the ability to cause mass destruction in hours are not oppressors but very peaceful people? Come on...don't read history the way it's branded to you.

You can pick out isolated incidents of what Philistinians did to Israelis, but, if you really wanna tally up the costs, Israel has wrecked more havoc. I never claimed what Philistinians do is 100% okay. But being humans, I can see why people resort to violence when their homeland is being stripped away from them. This isn't isolated to just Philistinians. This has happened everywhere in the world where people's property is endangered by an outside force.

Those 3 Israeli teenagers are lucky if they really did get kidnapped. (In an argument, it's best to avoid news with potential bias. Posting an article from a Israeli site is redundant to your argument) Because the IDF sometimes "mistakenly" shoot Philistinians in the name of self defense with their TAR-21s while the Philistinians only have rocks...

The problem with Israelis is that majority of them aren't religious in that region of the world. Many describe themselves as secular, non-religious, or even atheist while they just cling to their ethnic identity. But their religion is the only source of where it says they deserve such an homeland...
Philistinians are not Arab Muslim Palestinians.

3 Israeli teenagers (one of which also holds American citizenship) did get kidnapped 2 weeks ago and there enough non-Israeli news sources to back that up.

Also an Arab Israeli teenager just got killed recently due to the Syrian civil war: Israeli boy of 13 killed in Golan Heights blast from across Syria border - Telegraph

Again my original question is whether Jerusalem is really a holy city for the Arab Muslim Palestinians and this is something that your posting doesn't comment on at all.
 
Old 06-30-2014, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,376 posts, read 24,142,259 times
Reputation: 8873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Philistinians are not Arab Muslim Palestinians.

.....
fyi

In Arabic, they call themselves Philestina. So in reality they are sitting in their so-called country since the region of Gaza is where that country actually sat 1000's of years ago (a third of it extends into Egypt).
 
Old 07-01-2014, 04:11 PM
 
32,119 posts, read 33,030,273 times
Reputation: 14967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
fyi

In Arabic, they call themselves Philestina. So in reality they are sitting in their so-called country since the region of Gaza is where that country actually sat 1000's of years ago (a third of it extends into Egypt).
And before 1948 (when the modern state of Israel was established), the Palestinians meant the Jewish people living in Palestine.
 
Old 07-01-2014, 04:14 PM
 
32,119 posts, read 33,030,273 times
Reputation: 14967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Philistinians are not Arab Muslim Palestinians.

3 Israeli teenagers (one of which also holds American citizenship) did get kidnapped 2 weeks ago and there enough non-Israeli news sources to back that up.

Also an Arab Israeli teenager just got killed recently due to the Syrian civil war: Israeli boy of 13 killed in Golan Heights blast from across Syria border - Telegraph
An Arab Israeli teenager who identified with the Jewish Israeli teenagers who were kidnapped and murdered had his life threatened as well:
A Proud Israeli Arab Muslim Zionist - YouTube

So again going back to my original question, is Jerusalem really a holy city for Arab Palestinian Muslims?
 
Old 07-02-2014, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,783 posts, read 13,372,272 times
Reputation: 11313
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
What defines a terrorist, though? You mean the IDF (Thanks to American taxpayers and the initial rez by the Brits/U.S, of course) with all its military might and the ability to cause mass destruction in hours are not oppressors but very peaceful people? Come on...don't read history the way it's branded to you.

You can pick out isolated incidents of what Philistinians did to Israelis, but, if you really wanna tally up the costs, Israel has wrecked more havoc. I never claimed what Philistinians do is 100% okay. But being humans, I can see why people resort to violence when their homeland is being stripped away from them. This isn't isolated to just Philistinians. This has happened everywhere in the world where people's property is endangered by an outside force.

Those 3 Israeli teenagers are lucky if they really did get kidnapped. (In an argument, it's best to avoid news with potential bias. Posting an article from a Israeli site is redundant to your argument) Because the IDF sometimes "mistakenly" shoot Philistinians in the name of self defense with their TAR-21s while the Philistinians only have rocks...

The problem with Israelis is that majority of them aren't religious in that region of the world. Many describe themselves as secular, non-religious, or even atheist while they just cling to their ethnic identity. But their religion is the only source of where it says they deserve such an homeland...
So, those teenagers were "lucky" to have been kidnapped, subject to mortal fear, likely abused, and then killed? Why? Please explain your rationale. I'm fascinated to hear that these kids were "lucky" to have died.

Saying that they "have only rocks" is a nice slogan and all, but rocks don't get launched over the border and exploded upon impact. Rocks don't blow up buses or cafes. Rocks don't perforate cars.

I don't support the Israeli government's tratement of Palestinians, but by the same token, I don't support the various groups controlling Palestine's treatment of Israelis. Neither side is saintly and as soon as you try to indemnify one over the other you can't be a part of the solution.
 
Old 07-02-2014, 05:33 PM
 
32,119 posts, read 33,030,273 times
Reputation: 14967
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
So, those teenagers were "lucky" to have been kidnapped, subject to mortal fear, likely abused, and then killed? Why? Please explain your rationale. I'm fascinated to hear that these kids were "lucky" to have died.

Saying that they "have only rocks" is a nice slogan and all, but rocks don't get launched over the border and exploded upon impact. Rocks don't blow up buses or cafes. Rocks don't perforate cars.

I don't support the Israeli government's tratement of Palestinians, but by the same token, I don't support the various groups controlling Palestine's treatment of Israelis. Neither side is saintly and as soon as you try to indemnify one over the other you can't be a part of the solution.
I guess this Palestinian teen was "lucky" to be killed by fellow Muslims and have his death blamed on Jewish Israelis by this rational!

Muslims murder Palestinian gay youth and then riot across Jerusalem blaming Jews for ‘revenge attack for killed Israeli teens’ | The Muslim Issue
 
Old 12-18-2014, 07:25 PM
 
588 posts, read 684,930 times
Reputation: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
There isn't ethnical cleansing in Jerusalem as you claim. Home demolitions of Palestinian Arabs are of the Palestinian Arab terrorist families but I haven't heard of any within the city of Jerusalem.
Sorry, but you're believing the lies you were told. The vast majority of Palestinian properties are destroyed by Israel because they are built without permits, or do not hold permits. The demolitions of "terrorists homes" constitute 3% of all Israeli demolitions of Palestinian homes. Ironically, the vast majority of property built without permits in Jerusalem, are in Jewish West Jerusalem. Yet virtually 100% of demolitions occur in the Arab sections.
 
Old 12-18-2014, 07:37 PM
 
588 posts, read 684,930 times
Reputation: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I guess this Palestinian teen was "lucky" to be killed by fellow Muslims and have his death blamed on Jewish Israelis by this rational!

Muslims murder Palestinian gay youth and then riot across Jerusalem blaming Jews for ‘revenge attack for killed Israeli teens’ | The Muslim Issue
Wow, you're a sick individual! Three Israeli terrorists were arrested and admitted to kidnapping that Palestinian teenager. He was forced to drink gasoline and set on fire. A few Israeli politicians said "he looks gay" which is why you have hate sites, like the one you posted above, post such vile garbage.

The fact that you are resorting to extreme conspiracy theories shows your true feelings.

Btw- I come from a Palestinian Christian family. Jewish terrorists entered our village in what is now Jaffa county and told us to leave or die. We then fled to Ramallah, which my family fled in the 60's. I don't care for Jerusalem as I am not the most religious person, and the city seems to bring out the worst of people. May Palestinian cities, including Ramallah, are much more liberal and laid back than Jerusalem. However, it's holy to many Palestinian Christians, as Jesus was crucified in what is today's Jerusalem. And they make up 20% of the Palestinian population world wide, not 6%. And the 3% figure includes Gaza, which never had much of a Christian population at all. The West Bank is about 10% Christian, with a figure of about 25% in the Ramallah-Bethlehem areas. The Al Aqsa mosque and Dome of the Rock, where Muslims believe Muhammad ascended into heaven, is in Jerusalem. So they find it holy too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top