U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 10:02 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,238,353 times

Advertisements

Give it a go, anyway...

Singapore has quite a few PRC nationals on it's team...otherwise doesn't looks so different from VN. Some of the girls have such round faces, like the VN team.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:44 AM

55 posts, read 99,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mien View Post
And do you know who I am? No you don't. All you have are all nothing but "assumption" (Which I don't care since it means nothing to me).
LOL. Yes, you are XunLao from Anthroscape, who got banned for fabricating graphs to make Thais more East Asians than Viets. lol. That's very embarrassing. I checked out Anthroscape after somebody posted it here. They said you were on other forums posting the same thing. lol. It's not that hard to figure out you are Enzio on this forum

Quote:
Quite funny isn't it that in this topic, no one(none Viet) ever mention that Viet physically look East Asian more than other Southeast Asian.

This is what they said.....

So yes, no one else here say that Vietnamese are East Asian.(Aside from Vietnamese themselves)
LOL. Not in this topic alone. It's on many other topics on Ansthroscape. They came from Indonesian, Khmer, Chinese, H'mong, white, Filipino members, remember how jealous you were when you weren't mentioned at all. lol. As long as somebody said Vietnamese look most East Asians, Vietnamese had palest skin, Vietnamese had most Chinky eyes among other southeast Asians, you got jealous.

Last edited by eugene_allen; 06-18-2014 at 11:08 AM..

Old 06-18-2014, 10:50 AM

Vietnamese people: mostly from northern Vietnam and southern China, probably some mixture from central and northern China from Han invasion. Later a bit of mixture with Khmer, Mon, Cham, ethnic minorities, who all became the Kinh today. There are Kinh who could pass for central Chinese, some who could pass for Cambodian, some who look Southern Chinese, and some who look almost unmistakably Viet, which is sort of in between S.Chinese and Khmer. Mostly, however, they are of similar stock to the ethnic minorities in the South, Zhuang, She, and of course the Southern Han. There's the Baiyue connection too.

Thai are a mix of pre-Daic natives, Khmer, Dai and later Han Chinese.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
All in all. It doesn't matter that Tai/Dai(ethnic majority of Laos and Thailand) are East Asian or Southeast Asian, it doesn't matter. The only thing everyone knows is that Tai/Dai(ethnic majority of Laos and Thailand) are historically more Northerly origin than Kinh/Jing(ethnic majority of Vietnam) and also were arrived to Southeast Asia the most recent(700 years ago) of all when compare to other Southeast Asians(except Han-Chinese ethnic) such as Vietnamese/Cambodian/Indonesian/Malaysian/Filipino which are all been living in Southeast Asia for at least 4000 years.
Sure. LOL. It still doesn't make Tai people were East Asians, like you wish or say it that way.

Quote:
Haha, anyway these are the topics I created in other forum.(which I expected you to go register account over there too)

Comparison of average look/physical appearance of every national in Southeast Asia - General Discussion - China History Forum, Chinese History Forum

Comparison of average look/physical appearance of Southeast Asian of every nation - AsianFanatics Forum

I don't find a single poster mention something like "Vietnamese are the most East Asian in Southeast Asia" lol (with an exception of "new accounts" which are created by Vietnamese nationalists in order to promote their race)

So yes, not a single person thinks that Vietnamese physically look East Asian when they see the actually comparison of physical appearance
No, I don't know about these forums, I read when somebody posted it. Still yes, like i said above, not in these topics you just made, the comments from other people are on many topics on Ansthroscape, do you want me to post them here? It's embarrassing. Thai-Lao weren't even mentioned in their comments.

Quote:
The only reason that some ignorant(who grouping people based on their cultural aspect) tent to stereotype that Vietnamese are related with East Asian is because Vietnamese are participating East Asian culture(due to 1000 years of Han-Chinese occupation).

That is it, all is due to the "culture". Nothing else, not origin, not history, not race, not language, not physically look.

(same thing as when that same group of ignorant stereotypes Filipino are related to Hispanics and stereotypes that Indonesian/Malaysian are related to Arabs. While in reality aside from "culture" Filipino has nothing related to Hispanics and Indonesian/Malaysian has nothing related to Arabs in any other aspects such as origin, history, race, language, physically appearance.

Indonesian/Malaysian don't look like Arab but look like Austronesian-Islander. Filipino also doesn't look like Hispanics but look like Austronesian-Islander.)
Filipinos and Hispanics, Indonesian/Malaysian and Arab, these pairs are different because one is Asian and one is white. Vietnamese and Chinese are both mongoloid, there's more similarity in the eyes than between an Asian and a white. People observe both the people and the culture. They draw conclusion when they see it fit. Vietnamese, not only participating in East Asian culture, but also has large percentage of east asian genetic elements in them due to the assimilation. Either you like it or not, the modern Vietnamese are partially east asians. There's a reason people draw their conclusion.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_allen View Post
Sure. LOL. It still doesn't make Tai people were East Asians, like you wish or say it that way.

No, I don't know about these forums, I read when somebody posted it. Still yes, like i said above, not in these topics you just made, the comments from other people are on many topics on Ansthroscape, do you want me to post them here? It's embarrassing. Thai-Lao weren't even mentioned in their comments.

Filipinos and Hispanics, Indonesian/Malaysian and Arab, these pairs are different because one is Asian and one is white. Vietnamese and Chinese are both mongoloid, there's more similarity in the eyes than between an Asian and a white. People observe both the people and the culture. They draw conclusion when they see it fit. Vietnamese, not only participating in East Asian culture, but also has large percentage of east asian genetic elements in them due to the assimilation. Either you like it or not, the modern Vietnamese are partially east asians. There's a reason people draw their conclusion.
There is no boundary between 'East' and 'Southeast Asians' genetically. Even between Mongoloid and Caucasoid, although all Mongoloids cluster together somewhat.

To compare Chinese and Vietnamese with Filipinos and Hispanics is ridiculous. It's obvious to anyone with eyes Vietnamese and Chinese look similar.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:07 AM

76 posts, read 262,139 times
Quote:
LOL. Yes, you are XunLao from Anthroscape, who got banned for fabricating graphs to make Thais look more East Asians than Viets. lol. That's embarrassing. I checked out Anthroscape after somebody posted it here. They said you were on other forums posting the same thing. lol.
Nope, that is not me. I have nothing to do with that. In fact I don't even know what Anthroscape is.

Quote:
LOL. Not in this topic alone. It's on many other topics on Ansthroscape. They came from Indonesians, Khmers, Chinese, Malaysians, H'mongs, white, Filipinos, remember how jealous you were when you weren't mentioned? lol. As long as somebody said Vietnamese look most East Asians, Vietnamese had palest skin, Vietnamese had most Chinky eyes among other southeast Asians, you got jealous.
Why would Laotian and Thai would "jealous" to Vietnamese about "physical appearance". Since in reality comparison, Lao and Thai have more East Asian physical appearance than Vietnamese does.

Doesn't matter in what scenario of comparison, in Southeast Asia vs Southeast Asia or in China vs in China, mixed with Han-Chinese vs mixed with Han-Chinese or pure Dai/Tai vs pure Kinh/Jing. Dai/Tai people(ethnic majority of Laos and Thailand) which considered as Tai-Kadai race will still "always" have more East Asian physical appearance than Kinh/Jing people (ethnic majority of Vietnam).

In China.....(which tent to be more homogeneous since most of the ethnic minority lives isolated in their own village)

Kinh/Jing people (ethnic majority of Vietnam)

Dai/Tai people(ethnic majority of Laos and Thailand)

In Southeast Asia(which are mixed of many things)

Quote:
LOL. Not in this topic alone. It's on many other topics on Ansthroscape. They came from Indonesian, Khmer, Chinese, H'mong, white, Filipino members, remember how jealous you were when you weren't mentioned at all. lol. As long as somebody said Vietnamese look most East Asians, Vietnamese had palest skin, Vietnamese had most Chinky eyes among other southeast Asians, you got jealous.
LOL the only reason "ignorant" people made that statement is all due to nothing but culture and mentality(which Han-Chinese brainwashed the Kinh(Vietnamese) people who are racially Mon-Khmer into sinid-culture during their 1000 years of occupation).

Anyway, these stereotype of "grouping people based on culture aspect" are noting but stupid irony.

In fact of reality comparison are quite opposite to "stereotypes" that ignorant people usually making such as people with same culture will be racially similar too. The Dai/Tai people(ethnic majority of Laos and Thailand) are obviously has palest skin tone of all in Southeast Asia and has the most East Asian facial feature(except oversea Han-Chinese and people of Hmong-Mien race).

Last edited by Mien; 06-18-2014 at 12:21 PM..

Old 06-18-2014, 11:12 AM

This is getting ridiculous...you two can bicker about it, I see no point engaging in this.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Vietnamese people: mostly from northern Vietnam and southern China, probably some mixture from central and northern China from Han invasion. Later a bit of mixture with Khmer, Mon, Cham, ethnic minorities, who all became the Kinh today. There are Kinh who could pass for central Chinese, some who could pass for Cambodian, some who look Southern Chinese, and some who look almost unmistakably Viet, which is sort of in between S.Chinese and Khmer. Mostly, however, they are of similar stock to the ethnic minorities in the South, Zhuang, She, and of course the Southern Han. There's the Baiyue connection too.

Thai are a mix of pre-Daic natives, Khmer, Dai and later Han Chinese.
I agree. Thais also is a mix of Siamese and Malay. The Thais used to call themselves "Siam" and "Siamese" for a reason.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I agree. Thais also is a mix of Siamese and Malay. The Thais used to call themselves "Siam" and "Siamese" for a reason.
Ethnic Malays predominate in some southern provinces. The Thai are a pretty heterogenous group. Central Thai is only actual spoken as a first language by 20 million, and the area has been influenced a lot by China. Central Thai don't really represent ALL Thais either.

If you're familiar with Vietnam, you'll realise folk in Hanoi do look a bit different to those further south. MANY there can pass for Chinese, as much as Bangkok, I'd say.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Nope, that is not me. I have nothing to do with that. In fact I don't even know what Anthroscape is.
lol. It is you XunLao. Your posting and writing is only you. Deny all you want. I can ask members from Ansthroscape to come here to meet you again, okay, Enzio?

Quote:
Why would Laotian and Thai would "jealous" to Vietnamese about "physical appearance". Since in reality comparison, Lao and Thai have more East Asian physical appearance than Vietnamese does.

Doesn't matter in what scenario of comparison, in Southeast Asia vs Southeast Asia or in China vs in China, mixed with Han-Chinese vs Han-Chinese or pure vs pure. Dai/Tai people(ethnic majority of Laos and Thailand) which considered as Tai-Kadai race will still "always" have more East Asian physical appearance than Kinh/Jing people (ethnic majority of Vietnam).

In China.....(which tent to be more homogeneous since most of the ethnic minority lives isolated in their own village)

Kinh/Jing people (ethnic majority of Vietnam)

Dai/Tai people(ethnic majority of Laos and Thailand)

In Southeast Asia(which are mixed of many things)

LOL the only reason "ignorant" people made that statement is all due to nothing but culture and mentality(which Han-Chinese brainwash the Kinh people who are racially Mon-Khmer into sinid-culture during their 1000 years of occupation).
LOL. You have posted this same message on many threads already, you should just direct to your posts from Anthroscape so you don't have to copy it over here. lol

Honestly, I wish I could find a comment (not from your own accounts) to support what you said.

Last edited by eugene_allen; 06-18-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or