U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 07:23 AM

6,774 posts, read 5,122,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot09 View Post
agree... that's S$1.54k per month including AWS...
anyway, it must be constitutionally valid...is it?
there may have been a basis for it.

but come to think of it SG has one of the highest per capita income cities in the world...so it's quite reasonable i think...
2 millions per year is seriously absurd to me.Isn't Singaporean dollar pretty expensive?
And yeah Singapore has one of the income in the world,but it also has one of the largest gaps between rich and poor...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 07:40 AM

110 posts, read 106,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
2 millions per year is seriously absurd to me.Isn't Singaporean dollar pretty expensive?
And yeah Singapore has one of the income in the world,but it also has one of the largest gaps between rich and poor...
But those considered "poor" are being supported by the government...is it?
Social services in Sg is one of the most efficient.
I read that affordable medicare, educational and housing benefits are being extended to every Sgporeans...
And the SG government has a lot of programs on hand to addressed these issues...in addition to that i watched a debate between the leader of the opposition and PM LHL...PM LHL was right in saying to the opposition that they just know how to oppose but havent really propose an alternative to their opposition.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:05 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,271,924 times
Quote:
But those considered "poor" are being supported by the government...is it?
Social services in Sg is one of the most efficient.
I read that affordable medicare, educational and housing benefits are being extended to every Sgporeans...
And the SG government has a lot of programs on hand to addressed these issues...in addition to that i watched a debate between the leader of the opposition and PM LHL...PM LHL was right in saying to the opposition that they just know how to oppose but havent really propose an alternative to their opposition.
This is true...Part about the opposition for proposing viable suggestion

Worker's Party , the main opposition party seems that it is not power hungry , seems to be contented to be just to check balance the govt..

Workers' Party doesn't intend to form alternative government immediately - 938LIVE on xinmsn Entertainment

Singapore govt gives quite a lot of support for the poor, in terms of rebates for ultilities, HDB management bills and etc.. So in SIngapore, the middle income suffers the most..

Old 06-16-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Wow Bigfoot09, you even watch Singapore's parliament debate ? Just curious What ties do you have with SIngapore to be so invested into Singapore's politics ?

SG is a prosperous city-state and just curious about its political environment...on why for 50 years PAP's leadership has turned this city into one of the most vibrant city on earth economically...thus, I believe PAP is the most feasible party to lead SG in another 50 years....exaggeration? nope. Would you choose other parties wherein PAP is there since the beginning and formation of SG till present?

Old 06-16-2014, 08:28 AM

https://www.facebook.com/RemoveTPL?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/events/6576...ent_mall_reply

therealsingapore.com is now a very popular blog... But it can be to a certain extent gutter journalism..

Bigfoot09,2 facebook pages that i recommend you can go and actually go and take a look at the comments and get a feel of public sentiment in SIngapore

Old 06-16-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
https://www.facebook.com/RemoveTPL?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/events/6576...ent_mall_reply

therealsingapore.com is now a very popular blog... But it can be to a certain extent gutter journalism..

Bigfoot09,2 facebook pages that i recommend you can go and actually go and take a look at the comments and get a feel of public sentiment in SIngapore
thanks singaporelady...

Old 06-16-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
SG is a prosperous city-state and just curious about its political environment...on why for 50 years PAP's leadership has turned this city into one of the most vibrant city on earth economically...thus, I believe PAP is the most feasible party to lead SG in another 50 years....exaggeration? nope. Would you choose other parties wherein PAP is there since the beginning and formation of SG till present?
Honestly no one can predict what the next elections results would be, i am very keen to know too..

People have guessed that it will be around mid to late Aug 2015 , after SIngapore 50th birthday celebrations..

Bigfoot09, have you been to singapore before in the first place ?

Old 06-16-2014, 08:38 AM

Honestly not many Singaporeans are that passionate about our politics as i am...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia