U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which city is more developed ?
Bangkok 12 48.00%
Kualalumpur 13 52.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2014, 05:43 AM
 
Location: Washington State
18,887 posts, read 9,721,053 times
Reputation: 16092

Advertisements

To me KL has the edge but Bangkok is closing in fast. Every time I go to BKK, it seems more developed than the time before. I prefer BKK but I think KL is a little more developed overall especially considering portions of BKK are very poverty stricken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2014, 06:30 AM
 
318 posts, read 410,011 times
Reputation: 167
How on earth is Bangkok leading this poll?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 AM
 
12 posts, read 24,435 times
Reputation: 12
KL is so small when compare to BKK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2014, 08:22 AM
 
318 posts, read 410,011 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertrophy View Post
KL is so small when compare to BKK
In area? Not really, it sprawls quite a bit. Anyone who's been to both can clearly see that over the whole city KL is more developed/first world. Who is even voting in this poll??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2014, 08:52 AM
 
12 posts, read 24,435 times
Reputation: 12
BKK ; City 1,568.737 km2 (605.693 sq mi)
Metro 7,761.6 km2 (2,996.8 sq mi)

KL; City 243 km2 (94 sq mi)
Metro 2,243.27 km2 (866.13 sq mi)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2014, 05:58 AM
 
Location: Pilipinas
282 posts, read 607,693 times
Reputation: 40
Both Thailand and Malaysia have their Kings and Kingdoms.. Do they treat their royalties as next to God? or son of God? I've seen some Thai people worshiping the image of their King. any explanation on that? what about in Malaysia?

Thanks Mates!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2014, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
1,022 posts, read 3,154,103 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Both Thailand and Malaysia have their Kings and Kingdoms.. Do they treat their royalties as next to God? or son of God? I've seen some Thai people worshiping the image of their King. any explanation on that? what about in Malaysia?

Thanks Mates!
Not treated as much as in Thailand, there are 9 monarchies in Malaysia all representing each states, but changed every years from one state to represent the country. But the monarchies are respected and would not be taken lightly by the Malays (not Chinese, Indian or Bumiputras) if you insult them, but not worshipped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2014, 08:13 AM
 
318 posts, read 410,011 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Not treated as much as in Thailand, there are 9 monarchies in Malaysia all representing each states, but changed every years from one state to represent the country. But the monarchies are respected and would not be taken lightly by the Malays (not Chinese, Indian or Bumiputras) if you insult them, but not worshipped.
Malays are a subset of Bumiputras, and Malaysia also a national, elected monarch, I forgot his name, the Yang something a rather haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2014, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
1,022 posts, read 3,154,103 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement Pounder View Post
Malays are a subset of Bumiputras, and Malaysia also a national, elected monarch, I forgot his name, the Yang something a rather haha.
Well i would put the Sabahan/Sarawakians, they don't really feel that much affinity to the western side of their country especially the sultans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2014, 08:21 AM
 
318 posts, read 410,011 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Well i would put the Sabahan/Sarawakians, they don't really feel that much affinity to the western side of their country especially the sultans.
Yeah, the non-Malay Bumiputra are another group. East Malaysia is quite different to the peninsula. Most Bornean natives now are Christian, but there are still sizeable Chinese and Malay groups. I've been to Kuching, it seems the ethnic tensions are also less there. I like how the pace of life is slower and people are friendlier there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top