U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is more developed ?
Bangkok 12 48.00%
Kualalumpur 13 52.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 09:28 AM

12 posts, read 24,371 times

Advertisements

Infrastructure , education , tourism,fashion, popularity for westerner, people,health ,business,sport,technology ,overall for vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 09:33 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,244,676 times
Both have developed cores, but throughout, KL is wealthier and has fewer poor/slummy areas like the klongs of Bangkok. Bangkok gets more tourists, but KL gets it's fair share. Both have a lot of modern infrastructure like roads, shopping malls, skyscrapers...both are major commercial/business-hubs in SEA, probably no 2 and 3 after Singapore. I feel KL is a wealthier city, overall, a bit ahead in terms of tech etc, but Bangkok is quite up there considering it's in the poorer Thailand.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:16 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,164,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Both have developed cores, but throughout, KL is wealthier and has fewer poor/slummy areas like the klongs of Bangkok. Bangkok gets more tourists, but KL gets it's fair share. Both have a lot of modern infrastructure like roads, shopping malls, skyscrapers...both are major commercial/business-hubs in SEA, probably no 2 and 3 after Singapore. I feel KL is a wealthier city, overall, a bit ahead in terms of tech etc, but Bangkok is quite up there considering it's in the poorer Thailand.
I agree with this.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:14 AM

7 posts, read 5,918 times
I agree with the above statement. I think Kaulalumpur and Bangkok are two separate entities that cannot be compared with each other. I like to visit both of them.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:45 AM

282 posts, read 606,609 times
I guess almost similar though the big difference is freedom of expression. Bangkok is way ahead, Ladyboy is allowed while in KL is absolutely a big NO. lol

Old 07-15-2014, 07:48 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,146,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
I guess almost similar though the big difference is freedom of expression. Bangkok is way ahead, Ladyboy is allowed while in KL is absolutely a big NO. lol
Who says so? its not as open and frowned by the Muslims, i can assure you they're there and plenty. (not to the extent of Bangkok)

Old 07-15-2014, 10:35 AM

282 posts, read 606,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Who says so? its not as open and frowned by the Muslims, i can assure you they're there and plenty. (not to the extent of Bangkok)

there you go again.... so yes not as open and frowned. so meaning Bangkok is way liberated, and beside I said "LADY BOY" - young male transsexual.

and regarding your assurance that they are plenty.. how do you know??? he he he it seems... it takes one to know one huh...

Old 07-15-2014, 11:56 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,146,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post

there you go again.... so yes not as open and frowned. so meaning Bangkok is way liberated, and beside I said "LADY BOY" - young male transsexual.

and regarding your assurance that they are plenty.. how do you know??? he he he it seems... it takes one to know one huh...
Well if you go to Bintang walk, you occasionally would see them roaming and i remember seeing one group entering the H&M store at lot10, no one seems to be annoyed be their presence.

And well, late night after 12 midnight you would actually seem them roaming in some street.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:06 PM

328 posts, read 476,733 times
I'm not much interested in "development."
However, I think KL has the better backpacker district: Bukit Bintang is tops for food, lodging, ambiance. Beats Kao San Rd. in BKK on all these measures, in my humble opinion. (and Jalan Jaksa in Jakarta is a distant third place, IMHO).

Old 07-16-2014, 05:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,808 times
I think bangkok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or