Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 09:22 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times

Advertisements

Sometimes you hear non-Anglo Australians, say Italians, Lebanese, other Asians, referring to Anglos, or Anglo-Celtic/Northern European Australians as 'Australians' or 'Aussies', and themselves as Italians, Asians.etc. I mean most probably consider themselves Australian, but I find it sort of silly how there's a group that's 'just' Australian, sort of implying they're MORE Australian than the rest.

Of course a lot of it is because of exclusion, in the past, but I'm as Australian as anyone else. I don't like it when people, whether Anglo or not, refer to a certain group of white Australians as Australian as OPPOSED to being Asian or whatever.

DAMN SORRY WRONG FORUM, MOD
CAN YOU DELETE THIS THREAD OR MOVE IT?

Maybe i'll just start another thread in the oz forum and you can delete this one

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia